• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) TV anime on noitaminA: Sakamichi no Apollon

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Aug 23, 2005
engawa.2ch.net

Synopsis:
Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bare it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

Staff:
Director: Shinichirou Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)
Script: Ayako Kato, Yuuko Kakihara (Stitch TV series)
Character Design: Nobuteru Yuuki (Xenosaga)
Supervising Animation Director: Yoshimitsu Yamashita (House of Five Leaves, Hyouge Mono)
Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus)
Animation Production: MAPPA (New Madhouse, not Badhouse) /Tezuka Productions

Broadcast Details:
Starts April 2012 on FujiTV, in the noitaminA slot.

Official Site: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/
Trailer: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/mp4/pv_ver1.mp4
YouTube'd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8M4pO4tBs

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
I edited the missing credits into your OP.

Folks.

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. MAPPA = MARUYAMA = REALHOUSE, NOT BADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

survivor

Banned
Jan 23, 2009
Canada
Oh cool this got an anime adaptation? I knew the manga won the Shogakukan award recently and it's coming from a good director. There is no way this will be bad.

Kinyou

Sep 12, 2009
I'm not really eager to see a Highschool anime. The music got me a little hyped though

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
If Guilty Crown was the price we had to pay for this. I would gladly watch another 10 of that shit as sacrifice.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
This is really fucking crazy. After a year of Fractale, No.6, Un-Go, Guilty Crown.... we finally get real noitaminA back. I refuse to believe this is real. I'll wake up soon enough. :p

ezekial45

Banned
Aug 4, 2006
San Francisco, California
Love it!

Though it makes wish he'd do a re-imagining of CB. I seem to recall him saying that he had interest in doing like an alternate take on the story line.

But anyway, this should be pretty good. I haven't watched much Anime in a long time, so this should be pretty cool.

Net_Wrecker

Jul 16, 2009
If we get full on Treme-like jazz performances in this I'll do something crazy. IDK what, BUT IT'LL BE NUTS

Dambrosi

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
Liverpool, UK
WATANABE-SAMA HAS FUCKING RETURNED

...and he's directing an anime about...high school jazz musicians? ^___^;

Yoko Kanno is that good stuff, though. Can't wait.

Omegasquash

Apr 13, 2007
Thank whatever God you worship, people. This is the kinda news that puts a smile on everyone's face!

jett

D-Member
Jun 6, 2004
What a nice coincidence, I'm currently on a Cowboy Bebop re-watch. Dunno about the subject matter(high school drama...meh), but still nice that Watanabe is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.