• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) TV anime on noitaminA: Sakamichi no Apollon

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

9B4Rv.jpg

Synopsis:
Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bare it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

Staff:
Director: Shinichirou Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)
Script: Ayako Kato, Yuuko Kakihara (Stitch TV series)
Character Design: Nobuteru Yuuki (Xenosaga)
Supervising Animation Director: Yoshimitsu Yamashita (House of Five Leaves, Hyouge Mono)
Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus)
Animation Production: MAPPA (New Madhouse, not Badhouse) /Tezuka Productions

Broadcast Details:
Starts April 2012 on FujiTV, in the noitaminA slot.

Official Site: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/
Trailer: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/mp4/pv_ver1.mp4
YouTube'd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8M4pO4tBs

duckroll

I edited the missing credits into your OP.

Folks.

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. MAPPA = MARUYAMA = REALHOUSE, NOT BADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Er wait. Is this a series, or a movie?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really dig that preview trailer. I'm down for this show.

It's one of the two noitaminA shows in April. TV series.

Oh gotcha. I don't know what noitaminA is (other than being Animation backwards), so I wasn't sure.

survivor

Banned
Oh cool this got an anime adaptation? I knew the manga won the Shogakukan award recently and it's coming from a good director. There is no way this will be bad.

FnordChan

Oh, thank god. Watanabe has returned to save us from ourselves. I am officially all the way stoked for a high school drama about jazz.

FnordChan

thetrin

I love that drum work in the preview. Great animation, too.

duckroll

This is really fucking crazy. After a year of Fractale, No.6, Un-Go, Guilty Crown.... we finally get real noitaminA back. I refuse to believe this is real. I'll wake up soon enough. :p

ezekial45

Banned
Love it!

Though it makes wish he'd do a re-imagining of CB. I seem to recall him saying that he had interest in doing like an alternate take on the story line.

But anyway, this should be pretty good. I haven't watched much Anime in a long time, so this should be pretty cool.

Dambrosi

Banned
WATANABE-SAMA HAS FUCKING RETURNED

...and he's directing an anime about...high school jazz musicians? ^___^;

Yoko Kanno is that good stuff, though. Can't wait.

jett

D-Member
What a nice coincidence, I'm currently on a Cowboy Bebop re-watch. Dunno about the subject matter(high school drama...meh), but still nice that Watanabe is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom