• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) TV anime on noitaminA: Sakamichi no Apollon

Status
Not open for further replies.
New anime with Cowboy Bebop's director...cool.

But...Yoko Kanno on board as well?! I'm in, yo.

Already looking forward to an OST =)

/XX/

This is really fucking crazy. After a year of Fractale, No.6, Un-Go, Guilty Crown.... we finally get real noitaminA back. I refuse to believe this is real. I'll wake up soon enough. :p
Don't forget to include B★RS in that list you have made...

As much as I love Watanabe and Kanno, but not an action show? I'm not really pumped about this. It's not the Watanabe show I wanted, but maybe it's what I deserved.

Deefuzz

The Bebop/Kanno/Jazz connection makes it something that is very relevant to my interests.

Will definitely check this one out.

My eyes lit up when I saw the director and composer. This could be great!

The promotional art is relaxing to look at too. Nice blend of colors.

http://i.imgur.com/9B4Rv.jpg

Synopsis:

Staff:
Director: Shinichirou Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)
Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus)

Official Site: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/
Trailer: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/mp4/pv_ver1.mp4

Watches trailer...

Ah9nd.gif

Return of the king. I need a piece of the pie, please!

My greatest hope is that they can truly make this production the J-jazz anime of the forever. Start off with jazz combo material, and gradually progress into all sorts of cool fusion material, like the stuff being done in the late '70s. T-Square and Casiopea and Sleepy Matsumoto-style stuff—all of this, and thank you based Kanno. Everything looks great so far.

Ninjimbo

It's about fucking time! It seems like I've been waiting for a Watanabe anime for ages.

I'm glad it's noitaminA too. They air good shows.

Lain

Not digging the character art in the first post, plus I'm not a staff whore, so the staff list does very little for me.
The trailer seems to show some nice animation, but still I don't like the style of the character designs, so I'm feeling sort of conflicted.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not digging the character art in the first post, plus I'm not a staff whore, so the staff list does very little for me.

"Hey guys Akira Kurosawa just rose from the dead and studios gave him $500 million for a new movie!"

"Eh well I'm not a staff whore, so..."

Instro

Oh wow so this turned out to be a Watanabe show, awesome. Is Nakamura's noitamina show for the same season? That would be an amazing combo. Nice turnaround for noitamina though, after the last couple of shit seasons.

Oh wow so this turned out to be a Watanabe show, awesome. Is Nakamura's noitamina show for the same season, that would be an amazing combo. Nice turnaround for noitamina though, after the last couple of shit seasons.

Nakamura's show is for the same season, yes. If he can manage to deliver something on the level of Mononoke and Trapeze again, it'll be a great comeback for noitamina.

Replicant

Oh wow so this turned out to be a Watanabe show, awesome. Is Nakamura's noitamina show for the same season? That would be an amazing combo. Nice turnaround for noitamina though, after the last couple of shit seasons.

What are the list of all Noitamina shows? Or the good ones at least. I haven't been keeping up to date with them after Nodame Cantabile. I miss the old days of Honey and Clover. I think they started with a bang but it's been kind of rocky journey after that.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What are the list of all Noitamina shows? Or the good ones at least. I haven't been keeping up to date with them after Nodame Cantabile. I miss the old days of Honey and Clover. I think they started with a bang but it's been kind of rocky journey after that.
Watch Mononoke, Trapeze/Kuuchuu Buranko, and Wandering Son. Those are the best ones.

Don't watch noitaminA shows like Guilty Crown, Tatami Galaxy, Ano Hana, or C. They are bad.

survivor

Banned

Mononoke
House of Five Leaves
Tatami Galaxy
Wandering Son
Usagi Drop

iavi

Watch Mononoke, Trapeze/Kuuchuu Buranko, and Wandering Son. Those are the best ones.

Don't watch noitaminA shows like Guilty Crown, Tatami Galaxy, Ano Hana, or C. They are bad.

Don't listen to Pizzaroll on a bit here. The Tatami Galaxy is one of Noitamina's best shows to date. But to add another to his good list, House of Five Leaves. The last bit of good Manglobe we'll probably ever see.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

This guy is a troll.

Tatami Galaxy is one of the best shows made in the past couple years.

So hyped for Apollon. Love live noitaminA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom