• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) TV anime on noitaminA: Sakamichi no Apollon

Status
Not open for further replies.
126331_o.gif

Yes YES YES

Risette

A Good Citizen
Don't listen to Pizzaroll on a bit here. The Tatami Galaxy is one of Noitamina's best shows to date. But to add another to his good list, House of Five Leaves. The last bit of good Manglobe we'll probably ever see.
This guy is a troll.

Tatami Galaxy is one of the best shows made in the past couple years.

So hyped for Apollon. Love live noitaminA.
The Tatami Galaxy is good if you like to be assaulted by a horribly exhibitionist, over-indulgent director who doesn't know a thing about restraint. If that's your thing, then yeah it's "great."

Instro

Nakamura's show is for the same season, yes. If he can manage to deliver something on the level of Mononoke and Trapeze again, it'll be a great comeback for noitamina.

Could potentially be the best season of noitamina ever then...man I hope this hype doesn't backfire!

What are the list of all Noitamina shows? Or the good ones at least. I haven't been keeping up to date with them after Nodame Cantabile. I miss the old days of Honey and Clover. I think they started with a bang but it's been kind of rocky journey after that.

Of what I have seen(I'll bold the most important):

Ayakashi(At least the final arc since it ties into Mononoke)
Mononoke
Eden of the East
Kuchu Buranko/Welcome to Irabu's Office/Trapeze
House of the Five Leaves
Tatami Galaxy
Shiki
Kuragehime
Usagi Drop

Wandering Son is also supposed to be amazing but I havent gotten around to it yet. Here's the full list if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noitamina

mr. puppy

Banned
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Dresden

4uhsg.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD

THIS AND THE KENJI NAKAMURA SHOW

SPRING FUCKING SPRING FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

duckroll

I don't see any mentions for Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, and Paradise Kiss. Somehow who is interested in what the noitaminA slot was created for in the first place should definitely watch the show which pioneered it.

Instro

I don't see any mentions for Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, and Paradise Kiss. Somehow who is interested in what the noitaminA slot was created for in the first place should definitely watch the show which pioneered it.

Well he said he already watched H&C, and Nodame Cantabile.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are the two best animes ever so I'm excited.

Not too big on the subject material though, but at least it will warrant another great soundtrack.

The Boat

Could potentially be the best season of noitamina ever then...man I hope this hype doesn't backfire!

Of what I have seen(I'll bold the most important):

Ayakashi(At least the final arc since it ties into Mononoke)
Mononoke
Eden of the East
House of the Five Leaves
Tatami Galaxy
Shiki
Kuragehime
Usagi Drop

Wandering Son is also supposed to be amazing but I havent gotten around to it yet. Here's the full list if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noitamina

Waait, shoukd I see Ayakahi before Mononoke? I watched a few Mononoke episodes but didn't get to finish it because I don't have a lot of time and I've been rather terrible at managing it.

Dresden

Waait, shoukd I see Ayakahi before Mononoke? I watched a few Mononoke episodes but didn't get to finish it because I don't have a lot of time and I've been rather terrible at managing it.

Just the bakeneko arc of Ayakashi. No comment on the other episodes (haven't watched them) but that at least is excellent.

Manp

Synopsis:

Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bare it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

YVgvN.jpg

Instro

Looks like I need new glasses after all...

It's ok, you were just blinded by the Watanabe.

I would recommend all of Ayakashi, it's a series of different horror stories, but if you just want to watch Mononoke then yes definitely watch the last story arc of Ayakashi(Bakeneko). The bakeneko arc in Ayakashi is the true introduction for Mononoke and explains a lot of what the medicine seller is doing and about the tools he uses, much of which isn't explained in the early parts of Mononoke.

Dresden

It's not a universally nostalgic time period, some people just plain didn't enjoy it. I'm sure this show will be amazing, but don't expect everyone to be invested in every setting. Not everyone likes spaceships or samurai either, ya know. ;)

Blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom