• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shots of Rage, Brink, and New Vegas (E3 2010)

Apologies if posted...think they got lost in the shuffle though.

Fallout New Vegas

image_fallout_new_vegas-13086-1990_0001.jpg

image_fallout_new_vegas-13086-1990_0002.jpg

image_fallout_new_vegas-13086-1990_0003.jpg

image_fallout_new_vegas-13086-1990_0004.jpg

RAGE

image_rage-13084-1716_0001.jpg

image_rage-13084-1716_0002.jpg

image_rage-13084-1716_0003.jpg

image_rage-13084-1716_0004.jpg

Brink

image_brink-13085-1847_0001.jpg

image_brink-13085-1847_0002.jpg

image_brink-13085-1847_0003.jpg

image_brink-13085-1847_0004.jpg

I really like the way Brink looks. I'm hoping Splash Damage actually makes a good game this time though. Quake Wars was kind of disappointing.

The M.O.B

the nightman cometh said:
I don't get the Fallout: New Vegas hate. I think its going to be a far superior total package compared to Rage and Brink

Fallout is ugly/dated. Not too much different gameplay wise from F3.

The others are not. plus they are new ip's.

I'm really interested in hearing Brink impressions if it's playable at the show. It has looked interesting to me for awhile, sounds like a really interesting team-based multiplayer shooter.

Zeliard

Rage and Brink look expectedly stunning. New Vegas looks like, well, Fallout 3, which I personally never thought was a bad-looking game outside of the disastrous animation. Vegas falls way short in comparison to the heavy-hitters, though, including other open-world games like RDR.

God's Beard said:
Is it just me or does RAGE's poly count seem to drop every time they show it?

The hands. My god the hands.

Nothing really impressive in those screens.

I'll just wait for proper footage of the pc version of every game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Tokubetsu said:
Sign me up for the last two.
Yup yup. We better get some new gameplay videos at this E3. Especially for RAGE since it's been in development for quite a while.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can't be the only person who read the title as Streets of Rage, right? :(

Rage looks great. Not sure about the other two.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rage really took a drop in its post-effects usage seen in the original unveiling (altho on PC it will probably be better), and the characters are much less detailed. Still looks great really.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ridley327 said:
I take it that contrary to popular belief, this gentleman is the Firestarter.

Twisted Firestarter.
He has diesel power.

oh and DAY ONE BRINK. sleeper hit people.

Esch

Banned
New Fallout looks.... Well, I think Bethesda/Obsidian should consider licensing IdTech5 for their next titles, all that needs to be said.

On the other hand, brink and rage look incredible.

Havok

I know I'm probably going to love New Vegas, just like Fallout 3...but I really wish that Bethesda's engines were ditched altogether now that they have id. It just looks so dated :(

Sciz

Two lovely id engines, and then there's Gamebryo. No points for guessing which is which.

MikeE21286 said:
These all look really good. Are they all 2010?
RAGE is 2011. id Time is kind of like Blizzard Time though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow, looking at these screen, I could only think of one thing: Can't wait until Bethesda starts using iD Tech.

Zeliard

Lyphen said:
Wow, I can't wait until Bethesda starts using iD Tech.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Carmack indicated at one point early on that there'd be no transfer of technologies between the two parties, at least in terms of an entire engine. They'd help each other out and share certain resources, but I think he said never to expect something like idtech 5 in a Bethesda open-world game.

Sadly.

Tokubetsu

Lyphen said:
Wow, looking at these screen, I could only think of one thing: Can't wait until Bethesda starts using iD Tech.

I can't wait till they announce a new game and it's just a new version of Gamebryo. This is Bethesda we're talking about here.

Wallach

Maybe I should loan Obsidian my computer or something, because every time I see them post new shots of NV all I can think of is "sweet jesus, turn the settings up".

graphics be damned, I think Fallout 3 and New Vegas look good, and I can't wait to explore sin city. If Obsidian's on their A-game with this one, expect some good narrative and quests. Can't wait. :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Zeliard said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Carmack indicated at one point early on that there'd be no transfer of technologies between the two parties, at least in terms of an entire engine. They'd help each other out and share certain resources, but I think he said never to expect something like idtech 5 in a Bethesda open-world game.

Sadly.
That's really unfortunate. Obviously, I'm in no position to know what they need over there, but like Tokubetsu mention, something that isn't NetImmerse/GameBryo would be nice. Feels like they've been using the same shitty animations, bad third person camera and just general tech for almost ten years. I don't know who's fault it is, but it'd be really nice if they got a little shake up over there.

Sciz

Zeliard said:

Sadly.
The specific quote:
And will there be any Bethesda-id crossover coming out of this? "The teams are very much separate," Carmack said. "There is a lot of mutual respect there. There's going to be a lot of communication and cross-pollination. I doubt there's going to be any technology shifts between the two companies, but there's certainly going to be cooperation. And I wouldn't be shocked to see some hints of different things crossing over in different ways. That's just the kind of stuff when you have lots of people who think everybody is working on cool stuff together."
Wouldn't surprise me if it happens with the jump to next-gen hardware though.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Wallach said:
Maybe I should loan Obsidian my computer or something, because every time I see them post new shots of NV all I can think of is "sweet jesus, turn the settings up".
Its so odd when stuff like that happens. Like the SW:TOR videos.. the gameplay vids have some choppiness to them and seem to be running at a medium resolution. Later in the video though, when they a dev is talking and you see people playing the game like 2ft behind him, the game is running super smooth and at seemingly a much higher res.

Tokubetsu

Sciz said:
The specific quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if it happens with the jump to next-gen hardware though.

I'm going to find this post when they announce the next Elder Scrolls game and it has the same 6 voice actors and terrible animations.

Aaron

Havok said:
I know I'm probably going to love New Vegas, just like Fallout 3...but I really wish that Bethesda's engines were ditched altogether now that they have id. It just looks so dated :(
Just get it on the PC, and wait for the fan-made improvements. Spiffed up Fallout 3 looks amazing.

Rad-

I've been saying it for a while, Brink is looking to be this year's Borderlands. As in surprise hit.

Top Bottom