• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SimCity! [spoiler]...for iOS[/spoiler]

EA's "new" SimCity is called BuildIt for iOS and Android,
http://www.ea.com/simcity-buildit

SCTY_simcity_logo.png

10655289_957281394298192_5664856044284685912_o.jpg

petghost

Banned
yeah im wondering if its gonna be "energy based" or whatever you call the mechanic of speeding up time consuming processes for real currency.

Honestly, I'd love a city builder on iOS and I've wanted one for some time now. So at face value, this is great news.

But this being EA, they'll probably go with a freemium model which I have absolutely no interest in. I'd much rather pay 15 bucks for a complete game without weird currencies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
hrm, is that image an indication of the full size of an area? I forgot how small the new Sim City became. Where's that image of the SimCity area compared to city areas in SimCity 4?

Partition

Banned
Looks like you ran out of your RoadBux! If you want to build a road, come back tomorrow or buy 20 RoadBux for just $3.99!

kvothe

Obviously this is no replacement for an all-out PC version,
but I kinda think this is a good fit...

Honestly, I'd love a city builder on iOS and I've wanted one for some time now. So at face value, this is great news.

But this being EA, they'll probably go with a freemium model which I have absolutely no interest in. I'd much rather pay 15 bucks for a complete game without weird currencies.

Would Transport Tycoon fit the bill?

There's certainly no fucking point at all in downloading the piece of shit Buildit turns out to be.

spiritfox

Yes EA, trample upon that corpse some more.

Then again, if it's good it'll actually be something that would fit well on the platform... It'll never be good.

Lucifon

I don't have much hope for any game like this that's f2p and for iOS and Android, we all know they boil down to tapping your screen waiting for increasingly larger cooldowns. However, I'll reserve judgement until it hits. I want to believe they wouldn't want to piss off SimCity fans more than they already have...

Screenshot looks terrible, but it reminds me that I really liked the artstyle of the PC game. Really wish it would have been better because it was gorgeous.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Will we ever get another simcity like simcity 4?

we won't, will we?:'(

Honestly i would love to see some timeless classics like Sim city 4, Might & Magic 6, Heroes of might & magic 3, Starcraft, Cesar 3 and many others rereleased on
Vita
consoles.

Keasar

I have no faith in this.

I would love to have a city builder for my tablet but so far everything served have been crappy freemium titles. This probably wont fill my appetite either.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
If that border in the screenshot is anything to go by, city sizes look even smaller than the PC version.

padlock

If anyone is interested in a good game with a city building theme for ios or android, I recomend looking at Suburbia.

Note that it's a port of a board game, so despite the theme, it actually doesn't play anything like a 'sim' game.

It is fun though, and has zero microtransactions.

elohel

This just makes me feel like free to play really has destroyed gaming

When people joke about roadbucks and paying to alert a predetermined thing AND it's plausible ....I just don't know

I'm sad now lol

Top Bottom