• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Simpsons game by EA? Speculate. Countdown included.

genjiZERO

How can it compete with one
simpsons.gif
of the best games ever?

FoneBone

genjiZERO said:
simpsons.gif
of the best games ever?
No. Just no. It's fun, but like most of Konami's beat-em-ups, it's shallow as hell (even though the beat-em-up genre is admittedly not terribly deep to begin with.)

the-iek

shagg_187 said:
EA fails at creating anticipation...

images.ea.com/games/simpsons/nav/btn_games.gif
if they wanted to create anticipation, they shouldn't have used the simpsons font and made the page yellow.

Mr Jared

Why does this keep popping up as a freaking rumor?

Yes. EA is working on a Simpsons game for the movie. Yes, it will be for every platform you can imagine.

No, that does not mean ZX Spectrum. Stop being difficult!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
The 22nd game theory might just be correct. Here's a list of all the existing Simpsons games that I could think of. These are all individual titles, not counting any ports or the pinball game. There are indeed 21 games (unless I've forgotten any).

Itchy & Scratchy in Miniature Golf Madness
Krusty's Fun House
The Itchy & Scratchy Game
The Simpsons
The Simpsons Bowling
The Simpsons Cartoon Studio
The Simpsons Skateboarding
The Simpsons Wrestling
The Simpsons: Bart and the Beanstalk
The Simpsons: Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Juggernauts
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World
The Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man
The Simpsons: Bart's House of Weirdness
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
The Simpsons: Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror
The Simpsons: Road Rage
The Simpsons: Virtual Bart
The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I really liked Hit & Run, so much great fan service and adequate gameplay. Pretty much all i ask for in a Simpsons game. I hope this is a contuation of that type of game (more freedom and stuff to look through would make it all the better).

New Simpsons game by EA... :lol

No speculation needed. It will be crap because crap is cheaper to make than a good game and since it's a Simpsons game (a movie tie-in at that) a crapload of people will buy it regardless, just like Spider-Man 3 *blech*

guidop

this game better be awesome

inserthomershakingfist.gif

such a good franchise to have, ea do something with it.

wish konami still had it, their upcoming hellboy game should really be a simpsons game

Goldrusher

Gotta love that countdown.

They should add a sound effect: d'oh, d'oh, d'oh, do'h, d'oh... (in the same style of GTA's metal hamer banging)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
genjiZERO said:
simpsons.gif
of the best games ever?
vz1h31f.jpg

Me as a kid, playing that game with my little brother.
We actually had those faces while playing, I'm serious.
Great game, great times.

Aaron

Ghost said:
I really liked Hit & Run, so much great fan service and adequate gameplay. Pretty much all i ask for in a Simpsons game. I hope this is a contuation of that type of game (more freedom and stuff to look through would make it all the better).
Agreed. I was late to the H&R party, but it was much better than what people said about it. Had some solid gameplay to back up the fan service.

Also, the leaked announcement of this game happened like over a year ago, so I'd be surprised if people were still surprised.

Pachael

Aaron said:
Agreed. I was late to the H&R party, but it was much better than what people said about it. Had some solid gameplay to back up the fan service.

Also, the leaked announcement of this game happened like over a year ago, so I'd be surprised if people were still surprised.

Ditto. I was quite late to the party (Hit & Run PC for cheap!) but it's pretty good - a lot of funny references from the more 'golden' seasons and the game's a good enough clone of the GTA formula (some fun tasks but I didn't like the item collection ones).

I'd be more surprised if this new game's any good ;p

PS Radical Entertainment's the developer, and they've already done Road Rage (2001, published by EA) and Hit&Run (2003, published by Vivendi). Hope they do this (2007, published by EA?)

PSS Oh wai-, Radical's now a subsidiary of Vivendi. Darn, this doesn't look like it's done by them then :/

Fatalah

polyh3dron said:
New Simpsons game by EA... :lol

No speculation needed. It will be crap because crap is cheaper to make than a good game and since it's a Simpsons game (a movie tie-in at that) a crapload of people will buy it regardless, just like Spider-Man 3 *blech*

Hey junior member. Did you play Hit&Run? Right now I wouldn't want any other team working on a next-gen Simpsons game. Besides maybe Bungie. Heh.

Sean

Banned
Hit & Run was surprisingly good, so I hope it's a sequel to that. With the parody of the GTA4 logo/countdown, maybe that'll happen :)

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
That needs to come to XBLA sooooooooooooooo bad!

QFT. Simpsons arcade w/ 4 player online co-op = win

I didn't like Hit & Run. IIRC there was no health bar, fighting or even anything that wasn't related to driving or collecting money/items/whatever it was. The driving wasn't bad, but I expected some sort of hitting, and the screen going black whenever I had to enter on a car annoyed me. I usually hate collect-a-tons too.

Ravidrath

Kinda of a minor derail, but is anyone else sort of baffled that EA.com has ads from other companies and stuff on it?

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I'd love to see them take the next step and show a parody of GTA4 on the trailer when the countdown ends.

Edit: The page was taken offline, and I didn't see it until now...

well...

simpsonsgtaivmotivatorgd7.jpg

Top Bottom