• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Screenshots

:O
All bow down to CryENGINE 3!

Gjq76.jpg

h5jS3.jpg

qtEM7.jpg

0OdLA.jpg

HyXxW.jpg

J33qt.jpg

Y8dP6.jpg

ablZ1.jpg

ireHu.jpg

QjUBU.jpg

WLg0H.jpg

mb0Dz.jpg

EXOvY.jpg

leSDd.jpg

pJolG.jpg

Da90l.jpg

EEOSA.jpg

3y0IF.jpg

fNMqh.jpg

qJ3Jb.jpg

Can't believe people are going to fall twice for the same shit : heavily marketed game is still bad no matter what engine it runs on.

But I guess people just want nice graphics...

Sethos

Banned
Doesn't look that hot actually. A mess of bloom, hugely inconsistent textures and just a completely muddy look.

One of the funnest parts of well, most FPS I guess, is the sniping.

So a sniper game, done right, could be really cool. Stealthily getting yourself into position and all that...

These screens look bad for Cryengine 3. Must be 360 version (look 720P too?), odd they didn't use PC.

RiverBed

Banned
I get confused by the two sniper games coming out. This is one of them. Anyone knows the major differences between the two?

RiverBed

Banned
I get confused by the two sniper games coming out. This is one of them. Anyone knows the major differences between the two?

Sniper Elite V2 (if it's like the first) is more about exploring a section of bombed out Europe in WW2, using stealth and awareness to get to vantage points beofore taking shots, Also had great Co-op.

As for this I have heard (so others can correct me if I'm wrong) that it's far more structured and straight forward.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Doesn't look very good to me. But maybe it at least has nice big levels and decent AI this time?

Also, he's a lefty in some pics and a righty in others.

Humans remind of FarCry's plasticky look.

Doesn't look very good to me. But maybe it at least has nice big levels and decent AI this time?

Also, he's a lefty in some pics and a righty in others.

Humans remind of FarCry's plasticky look.

The yes or no answer given to this question will be the same as whether or not I play it.

Looks ok, how was the first game? This looks like something id pick up in a $5 Steam sale.
It was OK. Sniper levels were pretty good, run and gun CoD levels were awful.

Ones set in WW2 (Sniper Elite V2); this one is set in modern times.

Graphics look worse than the first game tbh. Bad use of CE3 is bad
You're crazy.

Sojgat

Banned in Australia confirmed.

Not necessarily, what does and does not get banned here makes very little sense and is wildly inconsistent. Yes, Syndicate got RCed for dismemberment but I think it was because you could do it to civilians. Singularity and countless other first person shooters featuring dismemberment get in uncut and so do games like Prototype were you can run around gutting civies like fish all day long. It makes no sense and I gave up caring long ago, on topic though this game looks better than the first at least?

ArjanN

Looks good to me. First game was pretty janky although later with some patches it was ok, the sniping itself was satisfying, but it had some issues with scripting, and forcing you to do things in a specific way sometimes.

Wasn't expecting this level of gore, but makes sense in sniper game I guess.

Not necessarily, what does and does not get banned here makes very little sense and is wildly inconsistent. Yes, Syndicate got RCed for dismemberment but I think it was because you could do it to civilians. Singularity and countless other first person shooters featuring dismemberment get in uncut and so do games like Prototype were you can run around gutting civies like fish all day long. It makes no sense and I gave up caring long ago, on topic though this game looks better than the first at least?

I think they're generally more tough on realistic military stuff, but yeah it's inconsistant.

Deadbeat

Banned
the limbs makes me want a new soldier of fortune
Judging by SoF: Payback, im pretty sure this industry isnt up to a proper SoF game anyways. Even if Raven was tasked with the next game they dont have the talent that pioneered the first two.

5amshift

Banned
Oh god this looks visually amazing. Never played a Sniper game before, but definitely it's level realism makes me want to try it.

Top Bottom