• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic game (year unspecified) confirmed for 7.22 announcement, movie details

jax

Banned
(NWR Via Famitsu)
Sonic Team sat down with Famitsu magazine in Japan for this week's issue, during which a new game (platforms to be announced on July 22) and a feature film was also announced. (Translation courtesy SOAH City)

"We at Sonic Team – are developing a completely new game, as well as developing a full movie, actively done by Sony Pictures, and animation on Sonic Boom"

You guys ready for a whole lot of Sonic?

06 me if old.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
PS4/XB1/Steam this fall as well as a launch title for NX I suspect.

Sony Pictures is in partnership with both the new FF movie and this, I'm sure they're happy.

Berordn

Can't wait for Comcept to fire back on twitter once this comes out.

What happens if it's like the last anniversary game and actually good?

Mobile Game?

Mobile Game.

I would be down for a Chao Garden mobile game though.

Sonic Team's last internal mobile effort tanked badly so they're probably content to let Dash just rake in all the cash for now.

TimmiT

Original source doesn't say that the platforms will be announced on 7/22. I imagine they will be because that's when the 25th anniversary party is but still.

They also said nothing about it being released this year.

jax

Banned
I uh, don't think this is what an already unfocused brand needs.
How is the brand unfocused? The show is doing very well, Boom has a new game releasing this year and is largely just a cash in on the brand, while Sonic Team has their flagship title and film produced.

Would you consider the Mario & Luigi games to be mainline Mario titles?

RK128

Um.....can someone please change the thread title? We have no idea what the game is even going to be like yet. It would be strange for a great game being refereed to as 'Sonic 2016' due to the past with the number 6.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the game when its finally announced and hope many are happy with the announcement :D.

Just don't have Shadow the Hedgehog be playable. That's all I ask.

Obviously no 3DS version with Sonic Boom this fall.

Will check out when it inevitably shows up on NX.

HUELEN10

clffti5veaeyiqp.png-lj1xvv.png

jax

Banned
Um.....can someone please change the thread title? We have no idea what the game is even going to be like yet. It would be strange for a great game being refereed to as 'Sonic 2016' due to the past with the number 6.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the game when its finally announced and hope many are happy with the announcement :D.
Didn't mean to spark negativity, but it's changed now.

We can't be sure of that just yet.

Hopefully this is better than their last few Sonic efforts.
Generations and Colors were great. Boom wasn't created by Sonic Team.

I really hope this project turns out good and washes the bad taste of Sonic Boom out of everyone's mouths.

I'm always seeing it being used as a reason why Sonic games are still bad and while criticisms of it are not unfounded, people seem to forget that Big Red Button made the Wii U game, and not Sonic Team.

Sonic Team are the ones delivering the goods with Colours, Generations, and to some extent Lost World.

If anyone can make a good mainline Sonic game nowadays, they can.

jax

Banned
I really hope this project turns out good and washes the bad taste of Sonic Boom out of everyone's mouths.

I'm always seeing it being used as a reason why Sonic games are still bad and while criticisms of it are not unfounded, people seem to forget that Big Red Button made the Wii U game, and not Sonic Team.

Sonic Team are the ones delivering the goods with Colours, Generations, and to some extent Lost World.

If anyone can make a good mainline Sonic game nowadays, they can.
I think they know it will be good. Hence the Twitter snarkiness/movie deal.

Zafir

I glossed over the title and saw 2006 instead of 2016, and then saw the movie details. I nearly had a panic attack at the thought of a Sonic 06 movie!

Colors,generations were pretty damn good and lost world fell a bit short. So I'm excited to see what they've learned and hopefully something good is coming

Top Bottom