• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

ShadiWulf

Wentos is a SoJ leak that browses 4chan's /v/ from time to time and leaks info bits on Sonic games. He has leaked every Sonic game since Unleashed several months before ANNOUNCEMENT.

This leak is by Wintos. Though the name is different, his tripcode ( !!Vp9lMh6KQfP) matches one he has used before.

Here's some proof with the same tripcode (notice the date of the leak as well):
1367358441204.jpg

So I'm just pasting some key quotes I found interesting, it's a lot to paste, so check it out:
http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2244.msg53963#msg53963

SEGAbits forum member crackdude was browsing 4chan v and stumbled upon this

This past weekend I was able to watch a couple of demonstrations on Sonic Team's upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog game, currently titled "Sonic Excursion."

The first level is called "Shattered Heights" and is similar to the Sonic Generations incarnation of Speed Highway. Very New York themed. We were told the level was five minutes long, but they spent about fifteen minutes showing us parts of the stage's design, focusing on the lighting and shadows and how lighting was one of the main focuses for this game's design. Shattered Heights, for example, started at dawn and by the level's end the entire stage's lighting had changed to more reflect the mid afternoon. Most of the level consists of Sonic and Tails actually breaking through the windows of buildings several stories high and running through apartment hallways, office buildings, and hotel suites with Pixar-like humans gasping and shouting in surprise.

Sonic and Tails communicate throughout the level with each other similarly to the conversations in Sonic Heroes, both commenting on their surroundings and giving you advice on how to play the game. They would often stop at areas in the level to tell us how if we were playing as Tails instead of Sonic, we would be able to fly and reach different paths that Sonic could not access, but most alternate paths were entirely optional and not forced like they were in Sonic Adventure or Sonic The Hedgehog for the Xbox 360. They really wanted to make a Sonic Generations title that played more similarly to the Genesis titles where different characters could play the same levels with the only difference being their personal abilities.

After the first level was completed by reaching a goal ring located on top of a large and beautiful fountain in the middle of a park (Sonic and Tails were automatically flung at it from the last building, similarly to the goal ring at the end of City Escape), there was a cut scene that introduced Dr. Eggman and Knuckles. Dr. Eggman was piloting some gigantic drill vehicle that drove itself out of the ground with Knuckles jumping out of the crater shortly behind it. The two of them squabble while Sonic and Tails watch, looking annoyed/bored by the two of them until Knuckles notices them and yells at them to help, bringing attention to a ridiculously heavy looking golden necklace Dr. Eggman is holding. Alerted to their presence, Dr. Eggman ejects his Egg-O-Matic from the drill vehicle and flies away, leaving Knuckles to explain the game's story so far to Sonic and Tails. Sonic offers to let Knuckles join him and Tails, but he declines and runs off, saying he'll leave Dr. Eggman to them as he needs to "go back and check something."

At the end of the level, Knuckles comes across an underground temple, which is where he discovers murals about the necklace we saw Dr. Eggman with earlier in Sonic and Tails' story, shortly before Dr. Eggman himself strolls into the place, unaware of Knuckles being there. Knuckles follows him until Dr. Eggman finds the necklace and takes it, when Knuckles exposes himself by clumsily causes a brick he's leaning against to fall and make his presence known. Dr. Eggman tries to convince him to let him pass, but Knuckles tells him that he's no longer falling for his tricks and he isn't going anywhere. Dr. Eggman distracts Knuckles by looking aside and saying, "Sonic? You're here too?" and then runs past, able to climb aboard his giant drill vehicle just before Knuckles catches up.

After this demonstration was complete, we watched a powerpoint presentation with screenshots from the game. We were told how the story would focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, and Dr. Eggman with a couple of appearances throughout the game, but those appearances would have less importance to the plot than Amy Rose's role in Sonic Unleashed. For example, Amy Rose's story once you unlocked it would begin at Cream's house, where we see Cream, Vanilla, Gemerl, two Chao, and some Flickies. Outside of that scene, none of those characters make an appearance outside of one more scene with Cream in it. Emblems will be making a return, and will be earned in various ways with ten emblems per level. They can be earned for completing levels with each character, getting an S rank with all four characters, collecting all red rings with any character, and completing side missions for the level.

Release date: November 2013

Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Infinite.
"All seven versions will be the same, except the PC, PS4, and XI versions will have higher resolutions and the 3DS version will be made by a different team. Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their relationship with them."

So we can play as Sonic's friends? Cause I'd love to be able to play as Knuckles.
Sounds so far like a return to Adventure style Sonic.

Is it not coming out on PSVita? I thought the last rumour said it was. Oh well.

Will watch closely like I usually do with Sonic games

Daingurse

Here's to hoping that the game is as good as Generations.

Also, I'm intrigued by the Xbox Infinite bit.

That's all I need. Also it's about damn time to implement some more playable characters. I want to play as Knuckles and Tails at least. Make characters like how they were in S3&K as opposed to the Adventure series.

In for the PC version for sure.

Izick

Sonic doesn't seem like the kind of game that would sell well on PS4 and Nextbox at launch.
Really? I could see it doing okay. Would be a nice way to round out a launch line-up if nothing else. Appeal to younger buyers.

Alec

The 3DS version will be made by a different team. Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their relationship with them."

Thank fucking God. Mushroom Hill was the only redeemable level in 3DS Generations.

TreIII

Certainly sounds interesting enough...but Sega really ending their relationship with Dimps when it worked well enough for them for over a decade? I'll believe it when I see it.

I find it odd that he can't leak the name, when he could leak the name of Generations... and yet he can supposedly drop the Xbox 3 name.

ShadiWulf

I find it odd that he can't leak the name, when he could leak the name of Generations... and yet he can supposedly drop the Xbox 3 name.

he leaked the name! i forgot to include it in the quotes

He said its currently called Sonic Excrusion - working title

SykoTech

Doesn't sound too far fetched. Sounds rather good too.

Well, except the part about Amy Rose having her own story. Let's hope she's fun to play as this time and not extremely annoying, especially with that voice.

This thread is only going to be people discussing Xbox Infinite huh

Hard to say if this sounds good or bad, doesn't sound as good as Generations did.

Thorakai

I prefer Infinity over Infinite. Hope this new Sonic game continues the upward trend in quality the series has been experiencing recently.

Sandfox

If this is the same guy as the other rumors than Xbox Infinite could be very likely. I hope the 3DS and PC versions of this game is good lol.

Top Bottom