• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

Tovarisch

18wSJ7Y.jpg

The closest thing that Wentos guy ever did to predicting Generations was say that the project after Unleashed would have more slower platforming. Add shit like that with the misspelled name and the obviously fake cameos (Gemerl? Really?) and fan game level names and it was obvious as hell it was bullshit. Shame on you, GAF! BOOOO

Now for multiple pages of people not reading the thread and assuming this is true. OP should probably update with the fact that it's fake.

Spinluck

The game will be titled "Sonic Adventure 3" or some other name. Unleashed, Colors, and Generations all had working titles at some point.

Remember that rapper going on Twitter and confirming he was recording a rap song (presumably for Knuckles) for a new Sonic game? Yeah.

The game will be titled "Sonic Adventure 3" or some other name. Unleashed, Colors, and Generations all had working titles at some point.

Remember that rapper going on Twitter and confirming he was recording a rap song (presumably for Knuckles) for a new Sonic game? Yeah.

That was on YouTube actually.

Hatten

The difference between the original Sonic Adventure and the sequel that makes more people like the latter is simple: one was rushed to get as close to the Dreamcast launch as possible while the other had all the time in the world to be developed.

Sonic 06 was the same, the idea isn't bad but the game feels like a beta that still needed a year of development before launch, but again rushed.

TimmiT

Well, that recent Edge cover tease suggests that the next Sonic game was supposed to have been announced by now. It was probably just delayed until closer to E3.

I wouldn't take the Edge teaser as something that's Sonic-related. Unless the Chao are getting a redesign, it's for some other game franchise with cute characters.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't take the Edge teaser as something that's Sonic-related. Unless the Chao are getting a redesign, it's for some other game franchise with cute characters.

The reveal in that issue of Edge was for PES ... Clearly something was pulled.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That's unfortunate. Updated the Xbox name topic with the info.

My mind continues to be curious on what type of game SEGA will follow up Sonic Generations with. At the very least, they seem to be taking their time with it, which isn't a bad thing. They might realize that after Colors and Generations this is the right time they could release an amazing Sonic game and get him to be labelled as a quality franchise again, so if they're taking their time to do that I am not against it.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Yeah! The recent Sonic-games have actually been great IMO, so I am so ready for this. Lets hope they release a new 2D-game for the 3DS as well, the GBA and DS-games were all worthwhile additions to the series imo.

SykoTech

I'm okay with this being fake. Some parts seemed pretty good, but things like Amy having her own story sounded terrible. The story sounded quite stupid too.

Hopefully what Sonic game they're really making doesn't have that junk.

Blueblur1

If you want emblems, then yes the Chao bullshit is mandatory.

True but its a minor detail. You could still enjoy the entire game (minus Green Hill) without ever bothering with the Chao.

It's a shame this is fake by the way. But I'm not surprised with what was described. Some of the story stuff didn't sound like anything Sonic Team would come up with.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
The thread for this was locked over at Sonic Retro but given this is the same guy that leaked Generations I'm inclined to believe this may be legit. The only thing that throws me off is the name. "Sonic Excursion" would only be plausible as a working title. There's no way in hell Sega is releasing a Sonic game with that as the final name.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
The thread for this was locked over at Sonic Retro but given this is the same guy that leaked Generations I'm inclined to believe this may be legit. The only thing that throws me off is the name. "Sonic Excursion" would only be plausible as a working title. There's no way in hell Sega is releasing a Sonic game with that as the final name.

The entire thing has been debunked already. Even the Generations quote was fabricated.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
The entire thing has been debunked already. Even the Generations quote was fabricated.

Oh Christ. This is what happens when you read the first page of a ten-page thread and hit reply. I knew something was off with the name "Sonic Excursion". 4chan is also a terrible source for anything to be honest. I'm glad in a way. I was hoping Sega would deliver something different and better than what this guy posted. So it's good news I suppose.

blanco21

I'd be down for another Sonic Adventure type game. I only borrowed Unleashed, but it seemed like they got the overworld stuff figured out. I don't care what anybody says, SA1 was amazing back in 1999 (and especially 1998 if you rented it from Hollywood Video).

I'd like to see Dimps make Episode III as their swan song to Sonic. S4 isn't any better or worse than the other million games they've done; I thought everyone loved Advance and Rush?

edit: I know the rumor is fake

I'd be down for another Sonic Adventure type game. I only borrowed Unleashed, but it seemed like they got the overworld stuff figured out. I don't care what anybody says, SA1 was amazing back in 1999 (and especially 1998 if you rented it from Hollywood Video).

I'd like to see Dimps make Episode III as their swan song to Sonic. S4 isn't any better or worse than the other million games they've done; I thought everyone loved Advance and Rush?

edit: I know the rumor is fake
Sonic 4 is infinitely worse than the Advance and Rush games, and those aren't even all that brilliant either, just competent Sonic platforming with pleasing aesthetics and music.

It probably also had the tenth of the budget and development time to be fair.

Why they left that Neo Geo X in the rain?

Yes. That chao shit was so lame.

No it wasn't. You come for the adventure, you stay for the Chao.

When I first read that name "Excursion" I lost interest in this thread, I only came back because I wanted to talk about Sonic.

Also I hope Sonic Team are hard at work finding out new and fun ways to implement the other characters. We need Chao Garden and Multiplayer.....

Also I hope Sonic Team are hard at work finding out new and fun ways to implement the other characters. We need Chao Garden and Multiplayer.....
Like this mockup and the several others that have been floating around for the past six months or so, most people seem to want a S3&K system, so I hope now that Colors/Generations have reached a fairly good standard with 3D Sonic that's what Sonic Team's focusing on. Levels remain the same for each character and everybody has the same core-moveset, but slight adjustments like Sonic having a homing attack, Tails being able to fly and Knuckles' glide pave the way for vastly different paths depending on which character you're playing as.

It's a far more inoffensive way to integrate a ton of characters younger players are obsessed with in a Sonic game without getting as obnoxious with all the out-of-place gameplay mechanics like the earlier 3D games did. Goes without saying the plot should stay roughly as simple as Unleashed's/Colors was as well so it's not cringe inducing for anyone over 13 to play.

Teknoman

I kinda doubt that'd put so many characters in a game again after the success of Colors and Generations.

Also completely agree with Astrosanity.

Like this mockup and the several others that have been floating around for the past six months or so, most people seem to want a S3&K system, so I hope now that Unleashed/Colors/Generations have reached a fairly good standard with 3D Sonic that's what Sonic Team's focusing on. Levels remain the same for each character and everybody has the same core-moveset, but slight adjustments like Sonic having a homing attack, Tails being able to fly and Knuckles' glide pave the way for vastly different paths depending on which character you're playing as.

It's a far more inoffensive way to integrate a ton of characters younger players are obsessed with in a Sonic game without getting as obnoxious with all the out-of-place gameplay mechanics like the earlier 3D games did. Goes without saying the plot should stay roughly as simple as Unleashed's/Colors was as well so it's not cringe inducing for anyone over 13 to play.

I dunno. S3&K was the pinnacle of 2D Sonic definitely, and I loved how it felt like an epic story was being unfolded before you, but I don't think I'd want to experience the same stages with the same three characters, even with different paths. [Which was also one of the big problems with past games - repetition], but I would prefer if they had similar gameplay like you said, but are introduced in game once you reach a certain area then they take charge of the story, and my design side makes me think it'd be even nicer that after completing the game, you could revisit the stages in Story mode with alternate characters and reveal more of it by doing so to get the true ending.

Add plenty of secrets, Chao, and multiplayer that's similar to Sonic 2. and you have my $60.

EDIT: lol I like how my idea totally contradicted what I said, but I stand by it.

Kai

Bumping this thread given the recent Lost World Wii U announcement....

Is this description aligned with what we think lost World is?

Hmm so I wonder how Sonic Lost Worlds affects this game? I also really like that they are keeping the Sonic Universe down to just Sonic, Tails, Knuckls, Amy and Dr.Robotnick (I refuse to call him Eggman). They should only add new characters if they really think them through and believe they will be fan favorites. Characters like cream and the chao are just weird and don't really fit in Sonic's universe. Although I wouldn't mind appearances by the Knuckles Chaotix characters and Knack.

Darryl

Banned
Bumping this thread given the recent Lost World Wii U announcement....

Is this description aligned with what we think lost World is?

most of the current page you're on is talking about how the rumor was already proven false

Top Bottom