• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Source 2 direct-feed screenshots - Taken from Valve's VR presentation

ashecitism

Jun 29, 2013
Hungary
Yeah, can already see lots of disappointed people in this thread. Those slides aren't good source and it looks different in VR anyway.

ced

Jun 7, 2004
Yikes, I'm sure that's just bad screenshots though.

Edit:

Oh it's VR, expected then I guess. Video looks awesome.

hellocld

Nov 15, 2012
Buffalo, NY
hellocld.com
Meh is about all I can muster for those.
Yup. Looks like Source.
Looks nice I guess.. Lighting looks pretty flat, though.
It's probably worth noting that these are renders taken from a VR demo, which is probably a bit more CPU/GPU intensive than your typical PC game.

Am I going blind, or have they genuinely scrubbed out the '3' from this phone?
lmao, that's fantastic.

Freeman

Banned
Aug 23, 2013
We can't really tell much by this image. Looks like Source 1.6.

Valve is so weird, they announce a new engine and don't provide us with even a single decent picture.

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
wow, does Valve care about gamers these days or are they solely focused on profits now?

brochiller

May 31, 2009
These are hardly supposed to be screenshots indicative of what Source 2 games will look like. If you look at the presentation they were just used as examples for the purpose of the presentation.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
May 20, 2007
Yes
apod.nasa.gov
Yeah...not really feeling this. Buuut, when you see the shit get taken apart in front of your face and rotated it's pretty cool. We still have a long way to go, that's for sure.

ashecitism

Jun 29, 2013
Hungary
People should read the presentation and others' impressions of the demo. This is about VR rendering, not what Source 2 is really capable of in a desktop environment.

samuraidino

Jul 4, 2008
Nothing incredibly impressive, but it looks like it's basically just showing that it's compatible with original source engine assets....

Not really gonna judge till we see something in motion.