• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New South Park = Wii

castle007

Banned
I think this was sponsored by Sony.

I bet Cartman gets to play Nintendo Wii at the end, and he decides that it sucks. :(

jjasper

That was the most disturbing and disgusting South Park I have ever seen. I think the frontal nudity was the kicker.

Juice

Wii was looking like it'd be a pretty solid success until tonight when it received the PSP and Dreamcast KISS OF DEATH

Drensch

Having only seen the pic above and the WoW epidsode, I have to ask, does South Park have commercial breaks, or do they just use in show ads?

I guess as a cable show I'll have to catch it on one of the 27 times it gets rebroadcast by tomorrow.

South Park has always tried to take the glamor out of sex and nudity. The nauseating Mr. Mackey/Ms. Chokesondik scenes, for instance. The one with the cats. The episode with the necrophilac graveyard owner. So while disturbing, this was not exactly new.

And they've apparently been meaning to make fun of atheists. And they are big gamers, so I doubt they got paid by anyone, they probably just knew about the Wii and thought it made a good plot

rkenshin

AniHawk said:
Oh shit. It's the South Park Kiss of Death. First Dreamcast, then PSP, and let's not forget the Okama Gamesphere.

XBox360 was in this season's episode called "Tsst", so that's doomed too?

Striek

rkenshin said:
XBox360 was in this season's episode called "Tsst", so that's doomed too?
OH CRAP 'kiss of death' confirmed. The evidence went from 'convincing' to 'conclusive'.

jjasper

Aristotlekh said:
Explain the show to me. I'm a west-coaster and won't be awake when it's on.

Eric wants a Wii but can't wait the 3 weeks for it to come out so he freezes himself, but instead wakes up in 2456. Mrs. Garrison and some atheist dude apparently start a movement (after having multiple sex scenes) which causes the entire world to be atheist. Now there are multiple factions of atheist at war. Also there is only 1 Wii left and it will have some impact on the next episode.

Edit: The show is coming on tomorrow, FYI

castle007

Banned
Aristotlekh said:
Explain the show to me. I'm a west-coaster and won't be awake when it's on.

Cartman wants Wii, so he freezes himself with the help of Butters, and he wakes up 500 years later in world full of athiests.

Meanwhile in present time, Mrs. Garrison hooks up with an evolutionary guy and she becomes an athiest.

I demand YouTube! Even though thanks to the Kiss of Death the Wii is now teh d00med, I must see how it meets its fate!

Also, we need photoshops, stat!

dethangl.gif

threeball

Banned
jjasper said:
Eric wants a Wii but can't wait the 3 weeks for it to come out so he freezes himself, but instead wakes up in 2456. Mrs. Garrison and some atheist dude apparently start a movement (after having multiple sex scenes) which causes the entire world to be atheist. Now there are multiple factions of atheist at war. Also there is only 1 Wii left and it will have some impact on the next episode.

Edit: The show is coming on tomorrow, FYI

It is an encore, not the next episode incase that is what you meant

cae

Product Placement FTL. It's getting kinda obvious. Even if they don't portrait the Wii as very good (as with WoW).

I liked the line at the beginning in front of the EVGames, where the guy says something like "pacing back and forth won't make the wii come any faster". :lol That's the first wii joke I've heard in a while.

Grecco

I dont see this Kiss of Death to be honest. Just cause it happened to the PSP? :lol

Guess The Burning Crusade is gonna blow. Bail out WAR Online instead!

Xeke

Banned
AniHawk said:
And Dreamcast and 360.

Well in that case Sony will fall because of the fact that its impossible to be on top for more then 2 generations, Phantom win guaranteed?

Xeke said:
Well in that case Sony will fall because of the fact that its impossible to be on top for more then 2 generations, Phantom win guaranteed?

Yep, looks like everyone is going to lose. Pack it up folks, shows over. Find a new hobby.

Raw64life

The episode replays at 12 AM for people who missed it.

Xdrive05 said:
This HAS to get youtubed, PLEASE!

Or at least google video.

Wont be on youtube for atleast a few hours if it's anything like the last few episodes.

AniHawk

Striek said:
Did it happen to have the GC and Xbox at any stage?

Well no. Okama Gamespher was the episode that combined the GC and Xbox launch since it was a green system called Game[insert 3D object].

AniHawk

Andonuts said:
So wait are they making like "lol wii" jokes? Like "hey guys let's play with my wii"?

Only at the beginning. It's really more of the running joke on how Cartman obsesses over shit like crazy.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yeah, there was actually nothing negative about Wii at all - I dunno why people are all up in arms with "omg did nintendo actually pay for this?"

It's the subplots/bplots that are the 'controversial' ones, damned funny ep tho.

d

Top Bottom