• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider

I'm a Geoff hype aficionado, I could do a documentary on it, that's how well versed I am in his ways. I think he is being genuine about this one. Maybe not to the tee, definite Geoff-hype in there but some legit hype as well.

I'd watch that documentary. As long as it wasn't over 30mins.

Paracelsus

Honestly?

It must be Bungie, to fund Epic Games on a non-Gears of War game would make you look like a sucker rather than a good businessman.

ArjanN

As much as I like new IP, this better not be an announcement of new IP. By definition, you can't hype new IP up this much because it's an unknown quantity. Something can't be unbelievable if I have no idea what it is even after hearing about it.

If so it'll just end up being vaporware like Agent.

Well you could if it was by Blizzard or Valve, but that's about it. Or it had some sort of super unique hook to the gameplay or engine.

Jomjom

Banned
Well you could if it was by Blizzard or Valve, but that's about it. Or it had some sort of super unique hook to the gameplay or engine.

Yeah but I just couldn't see Sony getting that kind of exclusive. They are hurting financially, there's no way they could plop down the kind of cash that would be necessary to lock down a Blizzard or Valve game.

Boss Man

The fact that he mentions stuff like, "Every day I can't believe that this hasn't leaked." makes me think it's from an outside developer. Something that people wouldn't expect to be exclusive to PS3, in other words.

KingK

lol, this is great. I love Keighley. I don't know why people hate it when he hypes things up. It's his job, it doesn't affect you negatively, and it's always good fun. Plus the dude is actually a pretty good host and one of the better gaming journalists, imo (not that that takes much).

Anyway, a Bungie exclusive new ip would be hilarious. Probably the new SSM game though (which should be awesome).

Loudninja

lol, this is great. I love Keighley. I don't know why people hate it when he hypes things up. It's his job, it doesn't affect you negatively, and it's always good fun. Plus the dude is actually a pretty good host and one of the better gaming journalists, imo (not that that takes much).

Anyway, a Bungie exclusive new ip would be hilarious. Probably the new SSM game though (which should be awesome).
I agree I think its fun really.

are you meaning sony's smash bros thing? because he already hinted that it is not that. And it's heavily leaked.

Meh, there's a difference between hyping something and proclaiming a game to be the second coming of Christ.

I seriously can't recall a reveal ever getting this much attention and hype, so I'd genuinely be frustrated if it was something that didn't knock my socks off.

Kyoufu

Geoff says it's from Sony...

So it's Santa Monica? How many other "Amazing developer" do they have over at SCEA? Naughty Dog were busy with Uncharted games...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm still not discounting Valve.

They have the least tangled relationship in the console space and their relationship with MS has been on the wane recently thanks to XBL policy.

Not saying that's what it is, but they seem to be a far more likely bet than Bungie or Blizzard.

More likely it could be the "other" Naughty Dog project that I've heard whispers about, which could tie in with SSM as they are traditionally ND's handlers within the Sony dev structure.

Or then again it could be Agent. Which everyone seems to have forgotten about, but has never been formally cancelled.

Boss Man

Well, if God of War is done...SSM has to be doing something. That in and of itself is not very shocking, so if it's from them (and not from an outside dev like Bungie or Blizzard) it must look incredifuckable to warrant this hype.

Son of a...this butter be good.
Is that a hint?

OMG!

gFiOt.jpg

Meh, there's a difference between hyping something and proclaiming a game to be the second coming of Christ.

I seriously can't recall a reveal ever getting this much attention and hype, so I'd genuinely be frustrated if it was something that didn't knock my socks off.

The Fall 2011 Nintendo Conference Game was pretty hyped up (It turned out to be MH4 so I guess the hype was justified)

It can't be Agent. Jack Tretton's description of the game does not match anything shown here.
I'm saying they scrapped Agent, and this game is what they've been working on instead. Rockstar North is an AMAZING DEVELOPER as it said, and they also were said to make a PS3 exclusive. No info on Agent...maybe for a reason?

Kyoufu

Geoff makes it sound like this is a 9.4 on the richter scale of gaming announcements...

This should be illegal.

Going out on a limb here, but if the two Growth.jpg images are related then what kind of leaves are in the shot? Not sure how that would help in figuring anything out, but maybe give an idea of a location or the world of the game.

Luckyman

Banned
No publishers is going to be doing any major platform exclusives. So it´s an independent 3rd party or 1st party house. 1st party game is hardly shocking news..

The way he is teasing it and CliffyB claiming that a new IP will be announced at the show it´s pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom