• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Riots, stuff getting wrecked. Disease?

Last of us.

Website also has a short video of ants or some sort of insect. I'm going to assume it's got something to do with disease.
Walking Dead game?

That's what I thought also,even the guy's voice sounds like the main cop from the show...that or Dead Island 2 lol...

Shtof

so its SCEA punished and its probably a new IP?

Well... its better then I expected.

Sony Santa Monica's next game? if god of war 4 wasnt there next project then the timing still feels right to be from them.

Did you see the ending of God of War 3? Did it look like they were planning a sequel?

Antiochus

Site assets also features a fungus.

Probably some outbreak or whatever, dunno if it implies zombies necessarily...but disease outbreaks generally tend to mean that in videogames :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps_unilateralis

Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis.g001.png

Empty

Telltale picked up The Walking Dead license.

If it's Santa Monica, I can't see it being anything other than Until Dawn.

http://sillegamer.com/2011/09/15/scea-developing-unannounced-ps3-horror-ip-psm3-nov-2011-rumor/
According to PSM3, SCEA are supposedly hard at work developing an unannounced survival-horror title known as Until Dawn – specific details pertaining to which SCEA studio is actually working on Until Dawn have not been disclosed as of yet.
”Sony haven’t officially announced the game yet, but we saw snippets of it as early as 2009 – back then it flickered for a few seconds in a Move announcement video.”
”Its in development at Sony America and is said to be a more ‘serious’ take on the zombie genre than PSN game Dead Nation. So what do we know now? Well, not much. The brief clip shows characters moving through gloomy rooms by flashlight – which it seems you point around with the Move – with a look of terror on their faces.”

the psm3 rumour makes sense given the teaser imagery.

Did you see the ending of God of War 3? Did it look like they were planning a sequel?

they leaving the door wide open for a forth game for sure but it seemed like they where thinking about taking a break from GOW.

IMO the mainline god of war games should be handed down to ready at dawn or something and free up SSM for bigger and better things.

Yeah, the video is most certainly part of that BBC documentary on the Cordyceps, so it's looking like a zombie game at the moment. Although there are parasitic mind-controlling creatures like the headcrabs in Half-life too, no? ;)

EDIT: Holy fuck @ the Youtube account having been created in 2006. What the hell?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, the ant fungus stuff would point to zombie stuff.

Plus it jives with the commentary in the video - 'one night of peace, a clean conscience' etc. probably referring to having to kill (former) humans and wanting a break from that or whatever.

Zomba13

So, if it's a game we won't believe or something like that, maybe it's not your traditional zombie game.

Like, you aren't trying to kill them but instead are actually trying to survive and make a cure. I wouldn't believe a zombie game where you do that to be honest. Every zombie game around is pretty much an FPS or kill all the zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom