• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the PS3 exclusive Bonus Round staring geoff keighley - fall 2012

get this.. you play as geoff keighley and you get to interview anyone in the industry - as long as there AAA+ of course

darkwing

af9fU.gif

I can see a car in the background

GT6!!

set in apocalyps3

You guys are so off. Geez don't you know how to analyze Geoff's clues?

The game is clearly a fighting game where you play either as zombie-ants, mecha-snails, pandas or rabbits. The fungus represents mario because mushrooms are fungus and mario eats mushrooms and turns into a super zombie. So you also get to play as zombie mario or a lizard.

Afrikan

how can Sony CE, as huge as a company it is, keep a secret like this from leaking to the media...or anyone?

NDAs sure...but that hasn't stopped people before.

don't get me wrong, I like surprises and I'm looking forward to the VMAs. Its just that they say the game will have in-game footage. If it has been worked on for a while, again how were they able to keep the lid on.....especially to the very last day. I mean you'd expect something the very last week....but nothing. Either way, great job by everyone involved...as well as those who do know and are being good sports and keeping it to themselves as well.

how can Sony CE, as huge as a company it is, keep a secret like this from leaking to the media...or anyone?

don't get me wrong, I like surprises and I'm looking forward to the VMAs. Its just that they say the game will have in-game footage. If it has been worked on for a while, again how were they able to keep the lid on.....especially to the very last day. I mean you'd expect something the very last week....but nothing. Either way, great job by everyone involved...as well as those who do know and are being good sports and keeping it to themselves as well.

They intentionally leak images from title fight to distract people from this one.

But almost everything has been leaked?

FPS zombie (infected) game from Santa Monica that may or may not use Move. What's to surprise you more?

But almost everything has been leaked?

FPS zombie (infected) game from Santa Monica that may or may not use Move. What's to surprise you more?

Assuming that any of that info is real. The FPS claim came from a site that didn't seem to have any real info. People have speculated that it's SSM because we haven't heard from them in well over a year. Nothing is really confirmed at this point. We don't know the developer or what it's even going to play like. They have done a good job of keeping the lid on this.

Assuming that any of that info is real. The FPS claim came from a site that didn't seem to have any real info. People have speculated that it's SSM because we haven't heard from them in well over a year. Nothing is really confirmed at this point. We don't know the developer or what it's even going to play like. They have done a good job of keeping the lid on this.

Yeah I know but all points to it being that game. We shall see today of course if any of that was truth.

Replicant

Two possible things deflate the hype for me:

* First person view.
* Possible move usage.

If this is a zombie game, I also wonder how it'd fare in comparison to other zombies game that may be out soon (Dead Rising 3, Resident Evil 6).

Kyon

Banned

* First person view.
* Possible move usage.

If this is a zombie game, I also wonder how it'd fare in comparison to other zombies game that may be out soon (Dead Rising 3, Resident Evil 6).
Hun let's just wait, I'm scurred it'll be a FPS too lol :x

French

Banned

* First person view.
* Possible move usage.

If it's made by the GoW team, it will probably be better than both.

But yeah I hope it will be third person too.

But there's no chance that it'll be Move only. ^^

KingK

* First person view.
* Possible move usage.

I could handle First Person if it was done in the same way as Metroid Prime (though I prefer 3rd person). Move usage would be awful though (unless it's completely optional).

Does anyone really think that Sony would make a big budget Move exclusive title? Look at the Move only titles that have been released so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Sorcery is now Move optional.

Mooreberg

It would be surprising, but do you think that Sony would really do that? Their biggest game of this year (Uncharted 3) didn't have any form of Move compatibility.
It would depend whether or not they are serious about it in the long run (as in it being a component of the next system). Considering the lack of pressure for their top studio to support it, and the lack of an attractively priced hardware bundle, I don't think they are. I'd be surprised if something like this is Move only. The again, "something like this" is hype that Spike is generating. If it isn't the next Santa Monica studio game, I'm not sure it is actually going to be that big of a deal.

Shtof

It would be surprising, but do you think that Sony would really do that? Their biggest game of this year (Uncharted 3) didn't have any form of Move compatibility.

Uncharted 3 didn't need Move at all, and the Uncharted franchise was always meant to be played with a DualShock. FPS's, at least in the case of Killzone 3, can improve greatly with Move support.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

* First person view.
* Possible move usage.

First person doesn't bother me, but zombies make my dick go limp instantly. More vampires and werewolves, less zombies, kthxbai.

El-Suave

The colors of this and yesterday's panda are the hint.

Molyneux jumped ship at Microsoft and is making Black and White 3 for Sony with PS Move support. In addition to ape, tiger, cow, panda and rabbit creatures, you now can control an ants (it also has MMO features/colony mode).

Ok, so this as yet to be announced game has gone from a horrific, end of the world, kill or be killed scenario... to one with flying snails and cute animals? That is why the hype is dying. We've gone from intriguing hints suggesting elements that have the potential to be an excellent and atmospheric game, to goofy, animated gifs of cute animals. I guess Geoffmk is the master and we are simply his pets, anxiously waiting to feed on anything he's willing to give us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom