• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spintires (!) game is comming: Mud Runner (PC/PS4/Xbox)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
guys, a new Spintires game is comming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjadaEcZay8

unknown.png

real time mud is back, and it wants revenge!

finally, the first was awesome besides all the dev problems and way more fun that it had any right to be!

50% off for owners of the first game - release in October

thanks to lashy for the news

JP

Just saw the trailer on YouTube.

I remember watching videos of the game on PC absolutely ages ago and I loved how it looked, I'd completely forgotten about it until I saw the PS4 trailer so I'm really happy that this is coming to PS4.

Waaghals

For those of you looking at this and thinking "how could this possibly be any fun?"

You have no idea! It's great!

Getting Stuck (With Friends!) Simulator 2018!

The_Super_Inframan

For those of you looking at this and thinking "how could this possibly be any fun?"

You have no idea! It's great!

Getting Stuck (With Friends!) Simulator 2018!

yeah, its way more fun than it looks from the videos and stuff... really cool game :)

Saganator

Doesn't look much different than the OG Spintires, I guess the 50% discount makes up for that, though.

Cool game, I just wish there was more of an objective than to move logs across the map. Personally, I think they could make this a neat mountain road construction game.

The_Super_Inframan

Doesn't look much different than the OG Spintires, I guess the 50% discount makes up for that, though.

Cool game, I just wish there was more of an objective than to move logs across the map. Personally, I think they could make this a neat mountain road construction game.

yeah, maybe they added more objectives and stuff...

but watching the video, was bending grass and trees allready in the original... I really cant remember...

DJ_Lae

I really liked the first game, although this seems to be a minor upgrade at best as far as I can tell.

Still, I might preorder it once the 10% kicks in.

That water. That mud. I can't wait to finally be able to mess around in this game. Been watching it on PC for years.

That freaking water, omg. Despite some visual oddities, best water ever.

r3n4ud

I really liked the first game, although this seems to be a minor upgrade at best as far as I can tell.

Still, I might preorder it once the 10% kicks in.
Once they update the page with the 10% I'm all over this! Add another one for October.

Portman

So excited for this! I put a lot of time into the original solo and then got some friends to play it co-op and it is a blast. Looks like it is an improved version of the original but I'm happy enough with the original to see what has been added.

Will be interesting to see how this sells on the consoles. Normally I would think they don't stand a chance but with the PS4 install base it should do decent (assuming the game runs well).

I played a lot of the original when it came out. But to be honest, it felt more of a tech demo than a game. The tech is mind blowing but the gameplay is meh.

Segaswirl

I'm really looking forward to playing this. I would like to see Euro Truck Simulator make it's way to console too.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I AM HYPE

HYPE FOR TRUCKS

I've wanted to play this ever since the first gameplay I saw for Spintires. So glad this is coming to PS4.

Yesssssssss! This is great. I loved it on PC but never got friends to buy it. On PS4, I can def get two friends to pick it up for some multiplayer action.

Krakn3Dfx

Didn't realize this was a thing until just now when I saw this thread. Exciting, I loved me some Spintires, think I'm going to jump on this 50% discount and hope for the best.

Vintage

Will there be a story mode or at least some progression? I loved Spintires but it felt unfinished, more like a tech demo than a full game.

Kaji AF16

This completely blindsided me. I remember being very interesting in it (it looks like a dream from my 5 year old self; I loved seeing trucks in mud) but eventually lost track on it, since I never really expected a console version.

I will surely get it on Xbox One after reading some more about its supposedly troublesome development.

DJ_Lae

Will there be a story mode or at least some progression? I loved Spintires but it felt unfinished, more like a tech demo than a full game.

Some solid objectives other than just delivering logs would be nice (and I really, really hated the crane controls). They do mention a new challenge mode but it sounds like it's separate maps and I don't know if there's any other information on that.

Top Bottom