• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spyhunter and Spyhunter 2=good?

belgurdo

Banned
Since I got Midway Arcade Treasures last week and am loving the old one, and Amazon has new Spyhunter for cheap.

i really enjoyed playing the first spy hunter, good game very fun to play for hours
i have never played the 2nd one though, it got pretty bad ratings but i should pick it up and judge for myself sometime

I played the first one. Fun game. Should've played it longer. I don't know about Spyhunter 2, but it looked very similar. They both kind of slipped under my radar. I'm sure players of the old ones will enjoy the new ones.

cja

I didn't like the new SpyHunter. The vehicle physics are poor and shooting/aiming is awkward. The pace of the game is a bit sluggish and I just found the whole experience rather boring. Coupled with the typical, 2001 era, PS2 graphics which have a turgid dullness to them I thought it was a waste of time playing the game, despite paying peanuts for a new copy earlier this year. The game just does no justice to the original, other than the transition into and out of water which is, as ever, rather neat.

Top Bottom