• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New STALKER 2 info

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
-you play as Strelok (it's a guy whom you needed to hunt down in SoC, I don't know how he was translated into English)
-seamless worls, some locations from previous games will return
-it's a movie tie-in
-the movie's budget is 3 million $
-there might be vehicles
-PS3 port is possible
-60 people work on the game
-The game will use like 50% of the previous storylines

there are some details about the movie and TV series, I don't think that you're interested in this (possible) crap.

subversus

Lostconfused said:
Damn you watched that whole video to get a few bits of info?

no, I read a recap but the video is sooooooooooo funny.

The first question from the reader: Why there were no quests with aircrafts??

The movies budget is $3 million? That doesn't sound right at all. Then again, considering what I know about movie production - what the hell!

Dibbz

subversus said:
no, I read a recap but the video is sooooooooooo funny.

The first question from the reader: Why there were no quests with aircrafts??
wut

Loved STALKER. Hope it's as good as that one was. Atmosphere is still unmatched imo.

Sethos

Banned
3 Million movie budget ... Yeah, I think the actors will have to share toilet paper for the duration of the shoot.

subversus

IndieJones said:
The movies budget is $3 million? That doesn't sound right at all. Then again, considering what I know about movie production - what the hell!

it's filmed in Ukraine, not in Hollywood.

For those who don't understand - STALKER is a big franchise in CIS countries with its own merchandise, books, TV series, STALKER-fests and so on. GSC rules all this stuff as a producer and a copyright owner. So don't be surprised about a movie tie-in.

Reknoc

So is the movie based on the game the film or the book? Is this a game based on a film based on a game based on a film based on a book?

gabbo

subversus said:

For those who don't understand - STALKER is a big franchise in CIS countries with its own merchandise, books, TV series, STALKER-fests and so on. GSC rules all this stuff as a producer and a copyright owner. So don't be surprised about a movie tie-in.
The game been announced for nearly two years now, wouldn't the film be the tie-in?

subversus said:
I thought there was a trailer for a stalker movie. Definitely need it on hand so people could see what kind of production values that movie will have. Nothing really compares to hollywood and north american productions.

I hope they don't re-use too many locations. Don't like the idea of vehicles.

This is easily one of my most anticipated games, though. The STALKER series is perhaps the best FPS franchise of the last decade along with Half-Life.

subversus

gabbo said:
The game been announced for nearly two years now, wouldn't the film be the tie-in?

they both are to be released at the same time so it depends on POV - is the glass half-full or half-empty?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
StuBurns said:
I thought PS360 was already confirmed, strange.

Yes it was.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/11/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-info-blowout-new-characters-dx11-support-and-more/

From the Q&A

Q:What features have been removed/compromised in the PC version due to the multiplatform release?

A:Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version. The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics (meaning PC will offer more of visual effects).

StuBurns

Banned
Meisadragon said:
Yes it was.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/11/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-info-blowout-new-characters-dx11-support-and-more/

From the
topic.php

Q:What features have been removed/compromised in the PC version due to the multiplatform release?

A:Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version. The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics (meaning PC will offer more of visual effects).
They aren't going to rework the UI for the consoles? I don't think that's wise.

Seamless world sounds great.

Personally I hated the portions where the game devolved into a corridor shooter for long stretches, especially when it took place underground. I Hope the movie connection is not going to have them up that part to play the action angle. The lonely atmosphere of the game was pretty unmatched when just hiking through the zone trying to survive, that is what he game was all about for me.

ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
Seamless world sounds great.

Personally I hated the portions where the game devolved into a corridor shooter for long stretches, especially when it took place underground. I Hope the movie connection is not going to have them up that part to play the action angle. The lonely atmosphere of the game was pretty unmatched when just hiking through the zone trying to survive, that is what he game was all about for me.
I liked the underground sections. They were pretty goddamn freaky.

Then again, I also love Metro 2033.

DTKT

StuBurns said:
They aren't going to rework the UI for the consoles? I don't think that's wise.

If they remove the inventory system and most UI stuff, it could end up working on console.

It's a pretty big price to pay though.

Drazgul

subversus said:

Well I'm sold. I wouldn't mind loading screens & separate worldspaces for some interiors, either, as long as the main world is indeed seamless. Completely seamless would be even better, of course. They ought to license the Geo-Mod from Volition, too!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
subversus said:
-you play as Strelok (it's a guy whom you needed to hunt down in SoC, I don't know how he was translated into English)
-it's a movie tie-in
-the movie's budget is 3 million $
-there might be vehicles
-PS3 port is possible
-60 people work on the game
-The game will use like 50% of the previous storylines

there are some details about the movie and TV series, I don't think that you're interested in this (possible) crap.
Straight to YouTube?

How much have the Stalker games sold? Pretty crazy they are doing a movie/TV Show/Clothing line out of it.

Must be pretty big in Europe.

subversus

zephervack said:
How much have the Stalker games sold? Pretty crazy they are doing a movie/TV Show/Clothing line out of it.

Must be pretty big in Europe.

More than 4 million copies.

Reknoc

That trailer for the T.V series actually looked like it'd be enjoyable to watch. Though I may just be used to it because I watched a lot of bad Polish soaps when I had to stay at my grans.

subversus

Derrick01 said:
Wow there's quite a bit there to be worried about. Hope it's not the next one to be struck with consolitis.

as pessimistic as I am about GSC I don't think that they want to fuck up their fanbase. Most of these people don't own consoles.

Loomer

Seamless worlds? awesome. Not sure about the rest (I guess playing as Strelok could be interesting).

But oh well, I trust these guys.

Top Bottom