• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U Miiverse Competition

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
2-fortress without coins. 1h 30min later. :p

zlcfzreh3k0tpbcuhitja74.jpeg

nice!

Just imagine if Miyamoto got on Miiverse and said "hello, this is Mr. Miyamoto, and today I have a challenge for you," and presented some kind of impossible task in a Zelda game.

I would spend the rest of my life on it.

He should troll everyone in November. "Hello Zelda fans! As you know, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out 15 years ago this month. To celebrate, the game is available at a reduced price on the Virutal Console. As a little added bonus, I want to challenge everyone to be the first to get the Triforce and post a picture on Miiverse. The first person to do this might get a little extra surprise ;) Good luck!"

The interaction with developers is a really cool feature with miiverse.

I hope this grows more and more.

Toki tori 2 had drawing a contest and the winners got their drawings put in the game.

I hope they start doing competitions where they give out prizes, since your nnid is linked to your club Nintendo account(I think?).

He should troll everyone in November. "Hello Zelda fans! As you know, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out 15 years ago this month. To celebrate, the game is available at a reduced price on the Virutal Console. As a little added bonus, I want to challenge everyone to be the first to get the Triforce and post a picture on Miiverse. The first person to do this might get a little extra surprise ;) Good luck!"

That would be....cruel.

DMG-01

MiiVerse seems to get closer and closer to being a system seller for me by the day. But I still want to wait for either: 1) a price drop, 2) a unified account system, or 3) region free
or 4) Smash Bros

jmls1121

Banned
I absolutely love the way Nintendo I'd utilizing the internet now with their consoles. Its not about grabbing more money, its about making the games BETTER.

Kudos to them.

Jerrod

I would do this, but I don't have a Wii U and my niece who does is getting the physical copy of the game so I won't have a chance to try this.

daakusedo

Any idea how long it can take to do it?
I think finishing nsmbu with secret exits make it around an hour, so if you at least double the count cause of the difficulty, it seems doable, but I haven't much time these days and pikmin3 is coming. I could try on a night run I guess...

tolkir

Any idea how long it can take to do it?
I think finishing nsmbu with secret exits make it around an hour, so if you at least double the count cause of the difficulty, it seems doable, but I haven't much time these days and pikmin3 is coming. I could try on a night run I guess...

I have been playing for 3-4 hours and I am 7-fortress.

Edit: Holy shit, 3 hours to complete 7-fortress. Tomorrow I will continue.

Hypron

After trying to finish Spelunky without picking up any gold, I'm completely burnt out on that type of BS challenge so even if I owned the game I wouldn't go for it haha.

Just imagine if Miyamoto got on Miiverse and said "hello, this is Mr. Miyamoto, and today I have a challenge for you," and presented some kind of impossible task in a Zelda game.

He did post a Pikmin 3 challenge mode video. I think there's a thread somewhere with it.

Theorymon

Done. Playtime: 7h 30 min.

zlcfzrelldkmw1drg9pulj5.jpeg

0coinsuryrj.jpg

It's not too hard, if we don't count 7-fortress.

How'd you pull off 7-Fortress? ATM I'm trying to get through the crusher coin section with Mini Luigi (not small Luigi). Is that the right approach?

I was originally gonna try and do it without power ups btw, but 2-Fortress sorta ruined that idea x_x. I did all the ones before that as Small Luigi though!

BTW, mine is probably going to have 0 in items collected too. For some reason, Power Ups collected in the overworld dont count!

http://abload.de/img/zlcfzrelldkmw1drg9pulj5.jpeg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/0coinsuryrj.jpg[IMG]

It's not too hard, if we don't count 7-fortress.[/QUOTE]

You are now richer for having avoided the pursuit of money, maybe there's a life lesson in here somewhere, anyway congrats.

tolkir

How'd you pull off 7-Fortress? ATM I'm trying to get through the crusher coin section with Mini Luigi (not small Luigi). Is that the right approach?

I was originally gonna try and do it without power ups btw, but 2-Fortress sorta ruined that idea x_x. I did all the ones before that as Small Luigi though!

BTW, mine is probably going to have 0 in items collected too. For some reason, Power Ups collected in the overworld dont count!

Yes, you need mini-luigi. Good luck with all 0 items.

Nice. So did you use any short cuts? Is it possible to get 5 Stars without collecting any normal coins?

4 shortcurts. No idea about the 5 stars collection.

zlcfzrelldkmw1drg9pulj5.jpeg

0coinsuryrj.jpg

It's not too hard, if we don't count 7-fortress.

Congratulations! Man I'm extremely average at games so when high level play in games like this always amazes me.

You should post the Miiverse link so people can Yeah. I'm going to try to now.

Fight with Magic Koopa was a little nervous and I had to stomp a goomba. :p

Japanese guys are awesome.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAABAADTUKFMNCubKw

zlcfzrdb3ikosb84iaxaymi.jpeg

There is always someone. I wonder how many will get all zeros?

We might just be heading in that direction:

jbr1lpVUAcg67I.PNG

This type of challenge should become common with miiverse private communities. Find a rule in any game, challenge your friends and post best scores in the private community. It's a user made achievements approach. I like that.

When communities pop up, we're totally:

A) Making a NeoGAF community, and
B) Doing challenges like this all the time.

daakusedo

Something I don't understand, when you lose, the coins collected are still in your pocket so you have to do all the levels before and after a castle save if you get coins in between, right?

When communities pop up, we're totally:

A) Making a NeoGAF community, and
B) Doing challenges like this all the time.

What's stopping us from doing something like that right now, using threads on GAF? For example, I set a challenge, people try to do it and post their Miiverse screenshots in the thread. I think we had a similar thread for VC high scores or something.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
What's stopping us from doing something like that right now, using threads on GAF? For example, I set a challenge, people try to do it and post their Miiverse screenshots in the thread. I think we had a similar thread for VC high scores or something.
Nothing except two major differences:
1. you just need to click on a button to take and post a picture on Wii U;
2. miiverse private threads will be structured by game.

This will make this feature so easy to use, it will likely be used to its full potential.

Nothing except two major differences:
1. you just need to click on a button to take and post a picture on Wii U;
2. miiverse private threads will be structured by game.

This will make this feature so easy to use, it will likely be used to its full potential.

Sure, doing it through Miiverse will undoubtedly be the best option, but I meant until private Communities are a thing.

Ooh, true true true! We *can* post screens on GAF, after all.

I just need more games - all I have (non-digital) are the following:

- SaSASRT
- Monster Hunter
- LEGO City Undercover
- New Super Mario Bros. U

And I'm pretty bad on the last one. Hell, I can't beat level two of superstar road :( But! It'll be fun to watch one way or the other.

Top Bottom