• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros (Wii) Hype Thread of 2D/4-Player COOP Action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goomba

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
^
Joke post?

Not at all, I just dont see why a game of this kind shouldnt be available for download, the infrastructure is there and it would be great not having to put a disk in when you wanted to play it.

legend166

goomba said:
Not at all, I just dont see why a game of this kind shouldnt be available for download, the infrastructure is there and it would be great not having to put a disk in when you wanted to play it.

Because it's a fully featured game with about 80 damn levels. That's why.

goomba said:

Because it's not a 40 meg WiiWare title? Nintendo aren't going to do day & date downloads of retail games this console cycle, and there's nothing about this particular title that makes it more appropriate for download only (unless you believe as, sadly, quite a few people do now that "2D=cheap, download only").

I love the Koopalings render, at last in 3D glory! Love what they did with Iggy.
And even though I hate Bowsy, seeing him in the Koopacopter just made me smile.
SMW fanservice!

Shiggy said:
Nice try.

Ey, I didnt troll the game. Im putting the word like that because I know its not a remake. Im probably more in love with the game that some of the people here. It was to compare the release of Wario Ware Mega to this one, although that one is more a remake with multiplayer.

I know this one only shares (some) graphics with the DS one.

silverbullet1080 said:
What the dick?

Get the fuck out.
Im sorry junior, but I was not trolling the game, read the above.

Andrex said:
Noooo. They're OK for a game like this.
YEEEEES! Kill Bowsy with fire and replace it with the Koopa kids forever. They have better designs and its better to battle diferent bosses that the same with different patterns. Fuck Bowsy!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
goomba said:
So?. There are plenty of 'fully featured' games available for download thesedays.

The art assets combined with overall game structure would result in a filesize I suspect wont even fit on the Wii's flash memory, let alone come close to meeting the WiiWare size restrictions.

It's too big, simple as that.

RagnarokX said:
Swoopers were in NSMB DS.

The dolphins from SMW don't get much love, and although they were in SMG, torpedo teds and rocky wrenches wouldn't hurt. Although I doubt it happens, I hope there's at least 1 SMB3 esque airship level. We know that the koopalings are fought in forts like Bowser Jr was in NSMB DS, maybe the castles could be replaced with airships?

What ?

I think they replace them with the Killer whales if I remember correcly.
Isnt there an interview with miyamoto where he explains that they where going to use the SMW dolphins but at the end he wanted a more mischievious thing so he chaged for the killer whale?

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I think they replace them with the Killer whales if I remember correcly.
Isnt there an interview with miyamoto where he explains that they where going to use the SMW dolphins but at the end he wanted a more mischievious thing so he chaged for the killer whale?

This guy ?

Guppy.JPG

I aways tought that he is a homage to jungle beat,that as developed by the same team

715px-Orco.jpg

kinggroin

Banned
Those scans bring me back to the time friends and I at our local community center scoped out the screens for the Super Mario World preview. We all thought the Super Nintendo was going to be God's gift to gamers everywhere. It really was an exciting time as a child for me (all those colors and all that charm).

I think I'm going to cry.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EatChildren said:
The art assets combined with overall game structure would result in a filesize I suspect wont even fit on the Wii's flash memory, let alone come close to meeting the WiiWare size restrictions.

It's too big, simple as that.

WiiWare's size restrictions? Of course not, those are a joke. So is the Wii's not-quite-256 megs of flash space. But there are a few 500+ meg XBLA/PSN games, and an awful lot of small disc size Wii games. I wouldn't take the bet that this game's file size is notably bigger than the big XBLA games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stumpokapow said:
WiiWare's size restrictions? Of course not, those are a joke. So is the Wii's not-quite-256 megs of flash space. But there are a few 500+ meg XBLA/PSN games, and an awful lot of small disc size Wii games. I wouldn't take the bet that this game's file size is notably bigger than the big XBLA games.

Yes? Is that not exactly what I said, without contradictions?

Teknoman

Any reason why Goombas went through a design change, but then reverted back to classic mario 1/3 style?

Also think Dry Bowser will make a comeback? That surprised me after I beat stage 1 in NSMB for the first time.

RagnarokX

Blackbird| said:
and although they were in SMG, torpedo teds and rocky wrenches wouldn't hurt.

Teknoman said:
Any reason why Goombas went through a design change, but then reverted back to classic mario 1/3 style?

Also think Dry Bowser will make a comeback? That surprised me after I beat stage 1 in NSMB for the first time.

I think perhaps they were trying to make them resemble and act more like chestnuts. Goombas are called kuribos (chestnuts) in Japan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Chestnuts02.jpg

But then again, the goombas in SMW were called kuribons in Japan, so who knows.

goomba said:
Because digital distribution sucks!

boiled goose

good with gravy
goomba said:

err...

what do you mean by game of this kind?

The online infrastructure is not there for a game of this size....

Kenka said:
From Nintendo ? Have they started to live in the same universe as us ?

No, it will be a GAME promotional item, not something Nintendo have produced.

...and thank fuck at least one company isn't diving into the Special/Limited/EXTREME/Hardened/Ultra Edition pool. The "pack a doll and some tat in, and slap a shiny cover on it" approach is one of the more ridiculous developments in recent years.

Cosmonaut X said:
No, it will be a GAME promotional item, not something Nintendo have produced.

...and thank fuck at least one company isn't diving into the Special/Limited/EXTREME/Hardened/Ultra Edition pool. The "pack a doll and some tat in, and slap a shiny cover on it" approach is one of the more ridiculous developments in recent years.

I know GAME bought Gamestation - but its being sold there too - http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Wii/Action/Adventure/~r417686/NewSuperMarioBrosLimitedTinEdition/

It may actually be a Nintendo thing. It certainly looks official.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How would a retail store even be able to make these? They don't own any manufacturing plants or anything...

It most likely is from Nintendo. And it most likely makes me pissed it isn't in the US.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cosmonaut X said:

The only "Limited Edition" game I've ever purchased was Devil Summoner 2, which was standard price and I promptly gutted the "Limited Edition" packaging after buying it.

This generation has been truly embarrassing for that stuff. I think that NBA game that came with a giant locker was probably the worst, although the GTA4 lock box, Halo Cat Helmet, out of control Modern Warfare 2 night vision goggles, and Batman previously used batarang were all pretty stupid.

Teknoman

I think a special Metroid Prime Trilogy case would be nice for all big time first part Nintendo releases. Just do it in limited quantities at no extra cost...like gold Zelda carts. That way only those who buy it the first month or something get that case.

AniHawk

OMG Aero said:
Wait £50 for just a tin? Nothing else in it besides the game? What a rip off.
I didn't even pay £50 when I got Halo Wars and Mass Effect in the tin editions and they came with a lot of other stuff.

Yeah, but this one comes with a classic game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OMG Aero said:
Wait £50 for just a tin? Nothing else in it besides the game? What a rip off.
I didn't even pay £50 when I got Halo Wars and Mass Effect in the tin editions and they came with a lot of other stuff.
But it can double up as a piggy bank so you can store those pennis you would have saved not getting it.

gerg

Has this been posted yet? It's a "Super Skills" trailer for NSMB Wii, supposedly showing off how challenging the game can be. Some of the stuff in there is pretty impressive, actually.

Btw, the GAME deal isn't £50 just for the tin, but for the game and the tin. :lol

I'm not sure how spoilerish this is for hyped-up fans of the game, but the characters have changeable colour schemes.

Oh, and new screens at StopNintendo's Flickr account.

swerve

gerg said:
Has this been posted yet? It's a "Super Skills" trailer for NSMB Wii, supposedly showing off how challenging the game can be.

For the first time in my long gaming life, I just turned off a video due to spoilers. I usually actively seek out spoilers. That's got to say something about how pumped I am for this game - the joy of Mario is discovering all those things for yourself. But the ten seconds I saw looked suitably amazing.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
gerg said:
Has this been posted yet? It's a "Super Skills" trailer for NSMB Wii, supposedly showing off how challenging the game can be. Some of the stuff in there is pretty impressive, actually.

:lol That last flag tandem throw was pretty slick.

Evenflow

gerg said:

Btw, the GAME deal isn't £50 just for the tin, but for the game and the tin. :lol

I'm not sure how spoilerish this is for hyped-up fans of the game, but the characters have changeable colour schemes.

OK that trailer was amazing..... can't wait!

RagnarokX

gerg said:

Weird... at 1:58 the pokeys turn into oranges for some reason.

gerg said:

hot damn

gerg said:

Great trailer.

GWX

gerg said:

Whoa. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom