• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

wartama

Neo Member
EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME

EVERYTHING

HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY

THE WATER IS SO GOOD MY GOD

THAT TROPICAL KINGDOM

MARIO

Blizzard

Banned
I was already sold, but this looks astounding. I was getting Mario 64 flashbacks and my fiance who doesn't often play videogames immediately demanded we get a Switch after watching this.

cheez124

Game looks incredible. It's gonna be hard for me to pick a GOTY, between this, Zelda, and Persona.

Mario's Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses from Sunshine better be an outfit in this game

Zasa

Holy shit, yes!

2bFA14J.gif

KarmaCow

I was worried that the moons would be limited and extremely besoke, focused around using specific captured enemies with limited abilities to get them but if there are ~50 per world that's amazing. What's even better is that you don't get kicked out of the map when collecting them too.

I am going to lose hours in Snapshot mode alone. I may have a stupid number of hours in this before i finish it. It's good job i have a few days holiday just as Odyssey launches, can't wait now :)

how did they went from super mario 3d world to this.

I can fully agree on the sense of scale, ambition and newness (can't really sum up that point in a word basically yes a lot of what comprised 3D World was seen before) but IMO that game was top notch from start to finish. I'm almost frothing at the mouth for this game and even I wouldn't say for certain what I've seen amounts to a better 3D Mario platformer than 3D World.

I understand those comments in relation to SS-BoTW (even though I like SS) but I ain't gonna let 3D World be so easily forgotten no matter how good this game is.

I also respect your opinion if you disagree but I just loved 3D World.

BriGuy

I had the dumbest smile on my face watching that. It's been a stellar year for games in general, but this might be the best one yet.

Gartooth

This is my dream Mario game and more. Like I see one amazing thing in the footage and a second later EAD Tokyo is shoving ten more in front of me.

Really amazing callbacks with the different Mario outfits too. I think I spotted Dr. Mario, Mario Paint, Ice Climber, and SMB2 boxart just to name a few.

Zomba13

So uhhhh.... I love me my photomodes and this having one got me almost as hyped as the gliding lizard and T-rex. I need this game now. Like, right now. I wanna take pretty pictures and fill up my SD card!

spelen

WTH after the galaxy series I said Mario has peaked AFTER BOTW I SAID NINTENDO GAMING HAS PEAKED ITS TIME FOR ME TO SHUT THE HELL UP CAUSE I CLEARLY KNOW NOTHING

Top Bottom