New Super Smash Wii U Screenshot Reveals Metroid: Other M Stage ~ Pyrosphere

Bigger news such as new levels and new characters get their own thread. NeoGAF has a policy against mega threads. We don't want news to get stuck on page 125 of some big thread. New news new thread. Surely a member from 2010 would know this much?
I know that, but I guess I don't consider it a "big deal enough" to make a new thread.

my bad. carry on.

I thought we agreed to forget Other M. I bought it for like $12 and still didn't find it compelling enough to play past the intro.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If the choice is between getting Other M shit in my Smash and no WiiU version I'll happily skip and get to the superior 3DS version (granted it doesn't have Other M shit smeared in it).
Jesus christ, the game had its shitty parts, but was it really so horrible that even seeing an image inspired by it ruins your day?

For some reason I thought the graphics would be better.
It's 1080p/60FPS game on a Wii U. I'm amazed it looks even that good.

I have liked the new stages so far and this is not an exception. No reason why they couldn't get a nice stage out of Other M even if the game blows.

If the choice is between getting Other M shit in my Smash and no WiiU version I'll happily skip and get to the superior 3DS version (granted it doesn't have Other M shit smeared in it).

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. So one out of likely tens of stages is inspired by a game you didn't like. I really don't get what the big problem with that is. The game is still the same.

I personally thought it was a shit game too but yeah, I don't understand why people are so upset enough to skip Smash Bros over this.

The stage itself looks good regardless of its origin but I'm kind tired of lava Metroid stages. I hope the second Metroid stage will be interesting.

And there goes any interest I had in the WiiU version...
Looooooool really guy? Really? One stage is going to deter you from this entire game?
this must be troll bait

Yeah and I won't play as Samus anymore.
....done.

Even though there's a thread already, I actually like the look of this stage. The lighting looks really nice on both Bowser and Samus. Me gusta.

Ugh, such a bland stage. Why not take one of the more interesting of aspects of Other M's setting/level design like the holograms that simulated different environments?

Edit: Or even better, something from Prime 3, which had absolutely sublime art direction, especially when compared with Other M. A Skytown or Phaaze level would be awesome.

New stages of SSB games seem to be Base+ 2, 3 or 4 platforms and new background. Where are the planet Zebes, Earthbound, Starfox type stages that were creative ?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Then just play on Final Destination 4.0 if it bothers you so much.