• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Switch Pro details leak from Chinese accessory manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
mod edit: duplicate -

"For a few hours the rumors regarding the new model of Nintendo Switch, known for the moment as Nintendo Switch Pro , are becoming much more insistent. The latest information, coming from a self-styled Chinese hardware manufacturer , which obviously should be taken as mere rumors, claims that Nintendo’s new console will mount an OLED screen , will need a new dock and have Surface-style support for gaming in mobility.

As always, everything must be taken with a grain of salt, but since the authoritative Bloomberg announced the existence of the console, the rumors surrounding the new Nintendo Switch model have become increasingly insistent.

Rumors claim that the size of the console will be comparable to current ones. The difference is that the OLED monitor will be 7 inches and will take up almost the entire available surface of the console. The hardware revision also passes from the repositioning of the Micro SD card, now easier to reach because it is inserted behind a Microsoft Surface-style support, designed to be able to support the console on the move.

The console will retain support for the current Joy-con, but will be housed in a new , thinner dock station with two USC 3.0 ports and above all a 4K output."

Last edited by a moderator:

SlimeGooGoo

Banned
Dj Khaled And Another One GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
lol, imagine there is minimal changes on the performance and all they do is include DLSS support and bigger screens.
If thats true switch Pro is not going to catch up with next gen games.

Topher

Gold Member
"As always, everything must be taken with a grain of salt, but since the authoritative Bloomberg..."

Over It Im Done GIF

lh032

You don't need to play catch up when you are in first place.

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise
Yes I do aware Switch sells very well, but you cant change the fact that it struggles to run multiplatform games .
Of course if you prefer portability > performance (which is the main reason people chose the Switch), then its fine.

But for gamers that owned a PS5 and a Switch like me, its an issue because I bought all multiplatform games on PS5, only Nintendo exclusive games on Switch, I still prefer performance over portability.

TheContact

I don’t think there’s any surprise that this is happening; expect a q4 release and an ampere gpu with diss support in a switch and we have the most powerful and versatile console Nintendo has ever made. Tbh I wish Sony and MS would do a handheld/hybrid bc I think it’s where consoles will be headed going forward. All tech being equal, being able to take your game wherever you are is always going to be valuable regardless of the year you are living in

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yes I do aware Switch sells very well, but you cant change the fact that it struggles to run multiplatform games .
Of course if you prefer portability > performance (which is the main reason people chose the Switch), then its fine.

But for gamers that owned a PS5 and a Switch like me, its an issue because I bought all multiplatform games on PS5, only Nintendo exclusive games on Switch, I still prefer performance over portability.
If you want performance always buy PC, exclusives get bought only for their particular console. I've literally only bought exclusives for my PS4 and Switch. I still prefer performance over portability.

A switch with DLSS will do magic. Nintendo manages to make fantastic looking games on hardware that's vastly outclassed by it's competitors and sell gangbusters, they must be doing something right.

Last edited:

lh032

If you want performance always buy PC, exclusives get bought only for their particular console. I've literally only bought exclusives for my PS4 and Switch. I still prefer performance over portability.

A switch with DLSS will do magic. Nintendo manages to make fantastic looking games on hardware that's vastly outclassed by it's competitors and sell gangbusters, they must be doing something right.
i prefer the simplicity of a gaming console, i dont really like to game on PC (yes, I have a 2070s 3700x gaming PC bought 1 year ago as well),all my old games were on previous console, and its affordable for me compared to a high end PC, not to mention I prefer physical disc, so console is a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom