• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sword Art Online game is announced.

213372bu

Banned
I am cautious on this.

If it is GGO or Part 1 Season 1 SAO then I might like it.

If anything else the upset will be real.

miku

IWFgduV.gif

GGO PLEASE

Hikami

Nice, was hoping for a new game when they said they'd have a panel.
Going to be announced at Dengeki Festival again (October 4th) like Lost Song was last year.

GGO would be nice, already have games in Aincrad and Alfheim. No need to revisit those really.

DJIzana

Nice, was hoping for a new game when they said they'd have a panel.
Going to be announced at Dengeki Festival again (October 4th) like Lost Song was last year.

GGO would be nice, already have games in Aincrad and Alfheim. No need to revisit those really.

Disagree. A true PS4 experience (No PS3 remaster of a PSP game), would be more than welcomed.

one day , one day i'll get my underworld SAO game..

I'm waiting ... it'll happen one day , so i'm waiting..

Meanwhile , more aincrad i guess ??

Some Nobody

Ugh. Don't drag us into Aincrad again, and I say this as someone who loves high fantasy-type stuff. The world of GGO is really cool and easily one of the best things to come out of the SAO world.

Flintty

I recently started watching SAO, currently on II. This sounds awesome but I'm guessing Playstation exclusive?

Ravage

I really hope they got the Hollow Fragment team to make this one.

Anyone knows if there's any plans to release the PS4 SAOs in Asia? Nothing came up when I googled and it's worrying me :/

I feel like the biggest issue with SAO as a gaming franchise is that I'm not really feeling the intent or investment from Bamco/the developers/producers that they're trying to make the best SAO game they can, even with the obviously low budget they're working with.

Although it's a step above terrible cash-in kusoges, it feels like it lacks that next step that elevates it above just its association with its source material, and being able to stand on its own as an anime-style RPG set in a fictional MMO setting.

Trace

Banned
VR FPS GGO please.

Who am I kidding, at least make it an FPSRPG please and not just straight RPG with names of the skills in the show.

Flintty

Are the previous SAO games any good? I've been mildly tempted to get a PS4 in the past for some exclusives but never enough to actually get one. SAO is looking like the game that finally makes me cave. I have never owned a PlayStation. This is how big this game could be for me, if it plays well and is fun.

RK128

While we knew this was coming (as Hollow Fragment did sell quite well on Vita in all regions :)), its nice to get this confirmed :D!

I wonder if it is going to take place in GGO or in Underworld; the former would introduce shooting mechanics to the series alongside giving positioning of your character greater importance (ex: Sniper Rifles work better from long range) while the latter could be a good excuse to bring back a lot of mechanics from Hollow Fragment in addition to having a clean slate to work with character wise (could have Krito and his friends, or just him).

The bigger question is if the game will be coming to Vita or not. Hollow Fragment was a greatly expanded port of Infinity Moment (a JP-only PSP game) while Lost Song was built in mind for multi-platform development (Vita and PS3 initially, latter with PS4 port).

With this new game, I wonder if they are going to only be PS4 or if it will be like Lost Song and be a multi-platform title (PS Vita and PS4). I'm leaning on the latter being the case (as Hollow Fragment did very well on Vita in NA/EU considering it was digital only and had a 'quality' translation) but I'm not expecting anything.

Looking forward in seeing more come from this news and I will be very excited when they announce the games setting :D!

Top Bottom