• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Xillia trailer (6/6)

Gartooth

Good trailer for a Tales game. Trying to keep any excitement for this game in check though given the somewhat mixed Japanese reception. (also because I haven't really enjoyed a Tales game since Vesperia)

Midou

Much better trailer

the lack of yuri lowenthal, JYB and laura Baily sucks tho.

Lowenthal and JYB I can understand, but Laura Bailey is in fucking EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN GAME along with Troy Baker. If I don't hear them for the next 5 years, it would not be enough, yeesh. It was one thing when they infested every JRPG, but now they are in major western games too...

demidar

Lowenthal and JYB I can understand, but Laura Bailey is in fucking EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN GAME along with Troy Baker. If I don't hear them for the next 5 years, it would not be enough, yeesh. It was one thing when they infested every JRPG, but now they are in major western games too...

I'm telling you the Northies will be replaced by the Bakies.

Nachtigal was voiced by Hochu Otsuka (Xigbar in KH2, Tenebrae in Dawn of the New World).

That seems like a missed opportunity but oh well. Hope he sounds more formidable in the game, he sounds amateurish.

chrono01

Well I guess that confirms it. The Collector's Edition picture in the trailer still doesn't list the DLC. ~_~

Damn it, Namco Bandai. Fine, if you don't want my additional $40 that much, I'll just get the Limited Edition.

The trailer gave me chills [multiple times]. Incredible music, and the voices definitely seem a lot better here.

I'm hyped.

RPGCrazied

Well I guess that confirms it. The Collector's Edition picture in the trailer still doesn't list the DLC. ~_~

Damn it, Namco Bandai. Fine, if you don't want my additional $30 that much, I'll just get the Limited Edition.

Just do what I did man. I saved more than $40. My final total was like $117 on gamestop.com. Its now at $71. If they come back and say hey, CE gets costumes now, I'll be like to little to late.

And buy the alter figure of any character you want later on. They are better made.

Seda

The voice acting isn't atrocious, which is always surprising for an English dubbed jrpg.

I agree with Demidar, Mr Villainface seems to have the worst voice in this trailer. Milla I'll have to hear more on, she sounds so bored in her battle shouts.

Willingham as Mr dark-hair rivalguy could be excellent, I've never heard willingham in a role I didn't like

(sorry I don't know the names)

chrono01

Just do what I did man. I saved more than $40. My final total was like $117 on gamestop.com. Its now at $71. If they come back and say hey, CE gets costumes now, I'll be like to little to late.

And buy the alter figure of any character you want later on. They are better made.
I have both pre-ordered on EBGames.ca currently, and will cancel one of them as release approaches. I'm still hoping that they announce the DLC will be included with the CE, but at least this way I'm covered either way. :)

I already have the Alter figure of Milla, so the Banpresto one from the CE isn't exactly needed by me. I would like the artbook, though, despite only being 50 more pages than the Limited Edition one. I'm interested to see if there's a difference between the CD's, too.

Ugh, the amount of confusion regarding this shouldn't have happened in the first place. How difficult is it for Namco Bandai to simply come out and say whether the CE will/won't get the DLC? I know the PR have said that it's exclusive to the LE, but they have been wrong before.

demidar

I agree with Demidar, Mr Villainface seems to have the worst voice in this trailer. Milla I'll have to hear more on, she sounds so bored in her battle shouts.

Willingham as Mr dark-hair rivalguy could be excellent, I've never heard willingham in a role I didn't like

(sorry I don't know the names)

"My name is Darkhair, Darkhair Rivalguy. Now prepare to die."

Also I didn't make the connection that Maxwell is named after the Maxwell summon/spirit from Symphonia (and probably other Tales games)

That was an amazing trailer! I've had this preordered since it became available, can't wait! I was pretty underwhelmed with Graces f, the story and characters were dull and I didn't get off on the combat system like many others did. I hope this is as good as this trailer makes it look.

wait... milla is a caster type? You don't see those often for protags in this series... I'm assuming she's more of a battle mage type?

Jude is fighter type? Similar to Regal?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
wait... milla is a caster type? You don't see those often for protags in this series... I'm assuming she's more of a battle mage type?

Jude is fighter type? Similar to Regal?
Milla is a Magic Knight, and one of the better Magic Knights in the series. I don't usually like that class, but I liked using her a lot.

Yes, Jude is an MA/Pugilist type, though not similar to Regal since he doesn't exclusively use his feet.

I swear I wrote something about this somewhere. Or at least wrote a long post detailing their personal special skills somewhere in a thread. Edit: Okay, not that long.

Pejo

That'll do Bamco, That'll do.

Was going to get this anyways, but what a fantastic trailer.

Again, like in most Anime inspired games though, I really wish you could play as the bad guys instead of the little kid characters that are likely to be the playable party. For once i'd love to be a party of evil minded adults trying to stop these children/teens from saving the world.

Whatever, still will buy.

demidar

Alvin's animations don't display enough force for what I assume is a bruiser/heavy type. Hell, Legs' attacks feel more forceful.

Rowen sounds great though, very natural.

Totally ready for this and my pre-order is already in, awesome trailer.

I'm really liking the voice cast, but maybe I'm biased as a dub fan.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Alvin's animations don't display enough force for what I assume is a bruiser/heavy type. Hell, Legs' attacks feel more forceful.
That's partially because Xillia's animations speeds are fairly quick (but he'll feel weird when you first get him since you won't have certain skills to equip). That's why you can break the game with pretty much everyone, especially Jude.

They ended up fixing this in Tales of Xillia 2 to a degree. It feels more balanced.

Videoneon

I liked that trailer. Rowen's voice is great. Felt that some of other characters weren't over-acted, but under-acted. Still excited on the whole.

Totally impressed with the trailer to say the least.

If I wasn't completely bloody sick with this game right now I'll be more hyped with it.

That was great, quite the improvement over the Graces trailers.

Almost reduces the rage I've been feeling over the CE/LE situation.

Necrovex

No. With Vesperia the game should've just ended after Part 2. Xillia definitely has a final chapter but it just feels rushed and cut off.

kayos answered the question well. The final act just feels cut off, as though there was more to show the player, but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

It is not like other Tales games where the final act simply feels like Direct-to-DVD content.

Just import this and be done with it, already.

Is that final part of ToX expanded much in ToX2? It's a little disappointing to hear that's the case for ToX, but I'm happier that it actually has a reason to exist unlike Vespira's third act.

3Kaze

Is that final part of ToX expanded much in ToX2? It's a little disappointing to hear that's the case for ToX, but I'm happier that it actually has a reason to exist unlike Vespira's third act.

Nope. TOX2 isn't anything like TOX storywise.

Aeana

Just watched the trailer. I'm really impressed. Gaius's voice is perfect, too.

Tonally, it does seem like it might be misrepresenting the game just a tad, but the focus on story/characters is a really good idea for this game in the western markets, so they did well there.

Moonlight

Banned
Being prolific within the voice acting industry tends to be synonymous with talent - something Bailey and Baker both have in spades. It's not like the industry for voice actors in general is very large either. That their talent is being rewarded is hardly something that I'd be frustrated by.

Top Bottom