• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Footage/Trailer !

Agate

Neo Member
Lol epic, so not used to seeing Heihachi so young..going to be ready for some Baek + Hwoarang goodness! I wonder who Sergei would pair up with..lol..creepy silent dude doesn't have much options :p

RSLYG

Agate said:
Lol epic, so not used to seeing Heihachi so young..going to be ready for some Baek + Hwoarang goodness! I wonder who Sergei would pair up with..lol..creepy silent dude doesn't have much options :p
Raven or maybe Bryan ? Nina would be nice for Bone-breaking duo :D

all.jpg

There's some speculation that it could be Julia. Her throws *are* wrestling based and she's cool with King...maybe since Wang is already present and if they decide to bring Michelle back...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Master Thespian said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/sky_boy_16/all.jpg[IMG]
There's some speculation that it could be Julia. Her throws *are* wrestling based and she's cool with King...maybe since Wang is already present and if they decide to bring Michelle back...[/QUOTE]
This makes a lot more sense.

However I still don't think that Julia, or Christie for that matter, were significant enough to earn a spot and the end of this trailer with a big mysterious "?". Who knows though, I could be way off.

Master Thespian said:
There's some speculation that it could be Julia. Her throws *are* wrestling based and she's cool with King...maybe since Wang is already present and if they decide to bring Michelle back...
Didn't think about that one...

rvy

Banned
Ya'll dumb bitches. It's obviously Jun's daughter, that she didn't conceive with Kazuya, but is Jin's sister none the less.

Caj814

_dementia said:
The new character is obviously a new illegitimate child of Heihachi Mishima

That one time in Mexico where he shitfaced drunk and woke up to a missing
section of hair

DrDogg

This reminds me of the first Tekken 4 screens/trailer when we got a CG head shot of Steve Fox (then Dean Earwicker). Everyone thought he was a Mishima and some people even thought it was Kazuya. :lol

EDIT:

Also, if you want to compare the "?" character to Julia and Christie, find screen caps of both of them standing next to Marduk, then compare the height of the new character to them.

MightyKAC

entrement said:
Oh yeah. I always forget about the PSP :lol

Quite understandable, so does everyone else. :D

.....however if this WERE to come out on the PSP or even PSP2 I might have to 3x dip on this bitch myself.

Make that shit happen Bamco!!!!!

DR2K

Banned
CcrooK said:
Christie going from her capoeira style to lucha libre is odd. I wonder why the big change other than the obvious mirror style of Eddie?

Lisa from DOA4 was mixture of both. I'm sure this will be too, but it would be a significant difference from an Edy palate swap.

AAK

Master Thespian said:
all.jpg

Oh man... now this is getting confusing. It does make more sense since Julia is Native American and that's closer to Mexican. But Michelle and Julia were already relatively different in comparison to Chreddy differences which are just the 1+3, 2+4 grabs. If that really is Julia.... I DEMAND Christie or Eddy also get a makeover!!!!! >:|

MarkMan said:
Nahhh, iSW is easy. I can do that in my sleep still...

Capos were much more fun/cheap. King was too much work. I like easy 50/50s.

When I use King I have to force myself to be cheap and mix up throws. I don't like throwing really. The only thing I like about King is that he has easy/awesome pokes.

/rant

Also, I have some crazy ass Eddy/Christie combos in my head... like...

Eddy RLX 4~3~F, RLX 2, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~b~f~5 into B!... Christie comes in and does b+4,4,3+4, series as Eddy finishes up with f,f+3+4 as she finishes. O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With King... It's like... Tag.. iSW. :/

haha

Hey man, throws aren't cheap! :p I'm an Aking player and they're awesome! Bufferable GS ftw.

As for using Eddy's combo's pffffftttt, You're not ADVENTUROUS enough:

Lars/Eddy:

After B! Eddy Charges his b,b+3+4 while Lars does d/b+2,1 dash d+3,1 into Eddy's Unblockable!!

An unblockable without the use of the wall, whatever goes down, I thought it first ;) MwAHAhahah

Yeah, have no idea if it'll time currectly :p

MoonsaultSlayer said:
If I enjoyed T6, we'd be playing more often. But I always put it aside and never really delved into the game to feel confident with it. I still forget the new moves Yoshi has compared to the past. The change isn't what bothers me, it's just the game doesn't seem to have the same response as past Tekkens but that could be an illusion because the characters are closer to the screen? I've been trying to figure it out.

And here's to rejuvenating that confidence and passion you once shared for this series with this installment! :)

GhaleonQ

AAK said:
Oh man... now this is getting confusing. It does make more sense since Julia is Native American and that's closer to Mexican.

Well, Michelle's only half Amerindian, but assuming that she stayed in her mother's birthplace (Arizona), the natives are almost certainly the same or incredibly similar, genetically. Could be!

Hmmm, I guess the new wrestler girl might be Julia. The hair length is closer, and she does have some wrestling style moves. It could be a way to make her more stylistically different from Michelle.

But at the same time, would they really put so much effort into overhauling Julia for just one game? Michelle is most likely not going to be playable in the next canon installment of the series, so that would mean that particular playstyle would not be represented in T7 if they kept Julia as a wrestler.

I'd hope they aren't just going to abandon that whole moveset. It would make much more sense to have Christie be the wrestler, as the Capoeira fighting style would still be present with Eddy.

Or there's also still the possibility that the wrestler girl is in fact a new character. (It's not unheard of to introduce new characters in dream match games.) But that would be an odd path to take, unless they really don't want to wait until Tekken 7 to debut this character.

DrDogg

As happy as I am for TTT2, all that joy will be shattered if hop kicks rule the game again.

If hop kicks crush as they do in T6, and lead to 50% damage or more they need to be launch punishable. Please...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn Just think of the combos here!!
I am either going with Bob and Lars *Just think of the brokeness!*
Or with Ganryu & Dragonov. *throw off pair*

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DrDogg said:
As happy as I am for TTT2, all that joy will be shattered if hop kicks rule the game again.

If hop kicks crush as they do in T6, and lead to 50% damage or more they need to be launch punishable. Please...

We just have to balance it out with special mid EWGFs :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
5288864131_d92048af25_b.jpg

Further notes:

- Same style feathers
- Obviously the same amulet
- Same color design on Julia's headband to "?"'s outfit

Degen

Master Thespian said:
http://oi56.tinypic.com/ru5hz6.jpg/IMG]
I decided to compare videos. If it isn't Julia, there's a definite connection.[/QUOTE]
This thread: you won it.

Awesome, Julia had a boring as hell personality.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The Take Out Bandit said:
Will the boobs move this time, or does the SC team still have boob physics on lock down? :|

They're not as jiggly, but T6 already has boob physics.

That trailer is off the meter. I'm really glad we get this before either of the X games. Gonna be nice. And Lili X Xiaoyu Tag Throw = SEX!!!!

TreIII said:
Twin sister?

After all, we did have Armor King II coming out of nowhere... :lol

It's probably Julia. King 2 and Julia have some familiarity in Tekken 5. This mystery character could be her Lucha Libre alter ego or something like that. For all we know that could be a younger Michelle to compliment the younger Heihachi. Either way this opens a lot of doors storywise to either character.

AAK

Good work Master Thespian... it's just that Julia being a wrestler doesn't fit her pacifistic personality at all :lol

Maybe it could be a younger Michelle.

Top Bottom