• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tenchu 4 (Wii) Videos of Spazzing Out and Shaking a Kitty

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37988.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37989.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37986.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37985.html

spaztenchu.gif

Meesh

I really, really want this game to be good...

is it me, or is this "Tenchu" guy less cool in appearance than "Ryu" or "Shinobi?

Haunted

She really is shaking a kitty. :lol :lol

Thread title does not disappoint.

And I thought I'd seen the worst physics today when playing the bowling minigame in Flatout: Ultimate Carnage earlier. But those ragdoll physics here seem like a contender.

Not the kitty, though. The kitty shaking is awesome.

CTLance

OH GOD; IT'S EVEN BETTER WITH SOUND!

(for random definitions of "better")

That ballkicking thing... what the hell.

CTLance

Threi said:
If you shake the cat by shaking the Wiimote...

GOTY.
I'm under the impression you shake the wiimote to throw the throwing star, and press A to waggle the cat.

It's a bit confusing actually.

SamuraiX-

Evilink said:
I really, really want this game to be good...

is it me, or is this "Tenchu" guy less cool in appearance than "Ryu" or "Shinobi?

The guy's name is Rikimaru and the chick is Ayame.

But my God, how low the Tenchu series has fallen. I need to go back and play Tenchu 2 just to remind myself how awesome this series used to be.

The kitty shaking is made of win though. :lol

SamuraiX- said:
The guy's name is Rikimaru and the chick is Ayame.

But my God, how low the Tenchu series has fallen. I need to go back and play Tenchu 2 just to remind myself how awesome this series used to be.

Hang on - you're going to remind yourself of how good the series used to be by playing Tenchu 2? OK...

I would have thought anyone who was a fan of early Tenchu would be delighted to see that this game is being developed by Acquire.

SamuraiX-

Cosmonaut X said:
Hang on - you're going to remind yourself of how good the series used to be by playing Tenchu 2? OK...

I would have thought anyone who was a fan of early Tenchu would be delighted to see that this game is being developed by Acquire.

Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins was truly the best game in the series. Hands down. So I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

And I don't know what the hell they were thinking developing Tenchu 4 for the Wii. The game belongs on actual gaming consoles, not some gimmick machine.

SamuraiX- said:
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins was truly the best game in the series. Hands down. So I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Tenchu 2 was a glitchy, overreaching disappointment, albeit one I bought at launch and (eventually) enjoyed.

And I don't know what the hell they were thinking developing Tenchu 4 for the Wii. The game belongs on actual gaming consoles, not some gimmick machine.

Oh, dear.

SamuraiX- said:

Tenchu 1 >> Tenchu 3 >>> Tenchu 2

You can safely ignore everything after 3.

lordmrw

SamuraiX- said:

You had you're Tenchu on an "actual gaming console", it more or less sucked.

SamuraiX-

Cosmonaut X said:
Tenchu 2 was a glitchy, overreaching disappointment, albeit one I bought at launch and (eventually) enjoyed.

So was every other Tenchu game. That didn't stop them from being awesome. Tenchu 2 just happened to be the most awesome out of the bunch.

MassiveAttack said:
Tenchu 1 >> Tenchu 3 >>> Tenchu 2

You can safely ignore everything after 3.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

lordmrw said:
You had you're Tenchu on an "actual gaming console", it more or less sucked.

I'm sorry, but if "it more or less sucked," then this looks to be complete garbage compared to the previous Tenchu games.

Cosmonaut X said:

Tenchu 2 was made by Acquire, and it was amazing. And fans of Tenchu 1 and 2 already had an amazing Ninja game with Shinobido. Now they are back with to the series they started, and it looks great.

Meesh

Cosmonaut X said:

So, all hope isn't lost then.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks better than I have come to expect from third-party Wii games. In fact, in even looks more quality than the Tenchu Senran on the Xbox 360. I love the Tenchu series despite its drop in quality and I fully intend to pick this up unless there are some game-breaking bugs.

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I'm sorry, but if "it more or less sucked," then this looks to be complete garbage compared to the previous Tenchu games.
This looks like one of the best tenchu's in years

Darkpen

Banned
jeez.

Was the first Tenchu any good? I played one of the Xbox ones, and I ended up selling it off because it was so mediocre.

Soule

lol the cat gif has been quoted so many times :lol

I have a bad feeling this game won't be all that great, at least not as good as I hoped. I get the feeling it's going to be just another game in the series, which imo is pretty mediocre. Still I've enjoyed all the Tenchu games I've played.

Top Bottom