• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tenchu 4 (Wii) Videos of Spazzing Out and Shaking a Kitty

Scrubking

Cow Mengde said:
c20080902_tenchu_37_cs1w1_640x358.jpg

I winder if that tattoo has some story significance. Otherwise, why show off the tattoo?

I can think of two reasons.

Gwanatu T

Cow Mengde said:
I winder if that tattoo has some story significance. Otherwise, why show off the tattoo?

Polygon count man, polygon count! I love the idea of the battles though, I always thought combat in Tenchu was clunky anyway, and you weren't supposed to do 1 on 1 battles anyway.

Redd

The waggle controls difficult to execute imo, hopefully I'm wrong. Nice long trailer and looks good too.

The 8 minute video was great and revealed a lot about the game. Seems very, very different from past Tenchu games. It looks to be heavy stealth and doing away with the hybrid action/stealth of past games. A lot of pre-planning and things like that.

And the actual combat is straight out of Wario Ware.

I've never played a Tenchu game other than 15 minutes of the original PSX game. Should I be excited over this game? I know the series has seen better days.

New Famitsu scan is out, showing off two things mainly : the "Mind's Eye" ability and the Incendiary Bomb.
The Mind's Eye ability allows you not only to outline the enemy's silhouette in the dark night (think : infrared goggles, ninja style), and, by focusing on him, hear every sound coming from him, but also to find hiding places, or to see hidden footprints or handprints hinting at secret infiltration ways.
As for the Incendiary Bomb, they are showing how you can throw it, put it down on the ground for a passing guard to walk on it, or stick it to one's body.
Otherwise, it seems like they are mainly talking about stuff that were in the latest trailer.
Oh, and next week issue will apparently talk about the Mission Results screen...

Top Bottom