• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tenchu 4 (Wii) Videos of Spazzing Out and Shaking a Kitty

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
c20080902_tenchu_37_cs1w1_640x358.jpg

(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)(ಠ__ಠ)

I seriously have nothing here... is Itagaki on the team by any chance?

Nocebo

I will buy these giant breasts... this game I mean. @_@ The shaking of the breasts kitty has me interested. Also the depth of the cleavage stealth mechanics is very compelling. Not to mention I've always been a fan of boobs the size of my head ninjas ever since I was a kid.

Tenbatsu

Nocebo said:
I will buy these giant breasts... this game I mean. @_@ The shaking of the breasts kitty has me interested. Also the depth of the cleavage stealth mechanics is very compelling. Not to mention I've always been a fan of boobs the size of my head ninjas ever since I was a kid.
:lol

The US logo
2nqbltc.jpg

CTLance

Dear Ubisoft('s employees):
If you - in addition to your usual Nintendo-like quality crimes - do so much as even THINK about changing that cover I will personally come over and strangle all of you. Slowly. Using barbed wire.
Signed,
__(scribble)_
(a concerned gamer)

CTLance said:
Dear Ubisoft('s employees):
If you - in addition to your usual Nintendo-like quality crimes - do so much as even THINK about changing that cover I will personally come over and strangle all of you. Slowly. Using barbed wire.
Signed,
__(scribble)_
(a concerned gamer)
You don't know for a fact that they can't make it better so don't get too fanatical about it yet.

They did a good job with NMH's Western box art by not giving us the clusterfuck that was the Japanese one. Maybe they'll go a similar route--simple yet effective (and better).

Of course, that's not known yet, so let's hold our cum/expletives in until it is.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Bloodworth said:
I love how people are treating this like news. From Software stated that Ubisoft would publish in the west way back when the game was first announced.
I know, I wonder why IGN treated it as news? That's why I said 'officially announces'. Maybe it wasn't official. :p

Wow, I never thought I could get excited by another Tenchu game but this looks rather interesting. Now you don't carry a primary weapon? And become literally invisible when walking the shadows?

Also:
Boobs

Tenbatsu said:
Famitsu Review
8 7 8 6
Cross review summary :

- Each stage is separated into "areas" that you have to clear.
- Degree of freedom is thin
- Discovering clearing routes is fun
- Controls in Duel Mode are difficult to get a hang of

- emphasis on secrecy is strong, especially given the fact that you fail instantly if you're being discovered
- The "sandox" feeling inevitably fades away because of the way the stages are defined.
- Duel Mode controls are difficult

- The fact that being discovered = instant failure makes the game thrilling
- Difficulty level has been raised
- It's easy to have fun playing given the way the stages are defined.

- You can easily pull off killing blows
- Development is monotonous, "old school".
- movement is sluggish
- the fact that the 3rd person point of view doesn't give you much freedom is also annoying.

The first Tenchu is still one of my favorite games on the PSX. And the soundtrack is amazing, one of the few (could count em on one hand) that I've ever bought.

That said, the series lost me after the first. I liked Tenchu 2 and Wrath of Heaven, sorta, but the developers insistence on including boss battles made me really hate the series at times. These battles have no place in the series thematically.

I can see having to go through them if you get spotted by the boss, or even just by a random guard in the level, but if I've kept a Master Ninja rank up to the last boss, I damn well ought to be able to sneak up and stealth kill him, too. I won't even go into how frustrating the fights are due to Tenchu's crap fighting system, and then the fury of losing 30 minutes to an hour's careful playing when the cheesy bastard kills you and you restart the mission.

That said, my Wii needs some loving, and I'm liking that box art.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Am I the only one picking this up tomorrow? Looking very forward to seeing how it has turned out!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The-Switcher said:
You might want to hold out, the US version will have a lot of improvements, gameplay wise.

Where did you hear this and what are they supposed to be?

Anyway I have a Japanese Wii, not a U.S. Wii, so this is a lock.

That's the most ungodly box art I've ever seen.

The Japanese boxart looked like a combination of Street Fighter IV, Okami...and fucking ninjas.

This NA boxart looks like the same type of render used on PC Graphics cards from 1998.

Eteric Rice said:
What the... Why did they take out the 4?
Because the Tenchu brand doesn't mean shit in the US anymore and they probably don't want people who aren't aware to be scared off of jumping into the fourth game of a series they don't know.

JDSN

Banned
Watching that cover, it seems that Ubisoft will use the same advertising model they used with NMH (a.k.a "Wait, are we publishing this?")

Top Bottom