• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tenchu 4 (Wii) Videos of Spazzing Out and Shaking a Kitty

vareon

Shiggie said:
Cme here to repost this.
c20080902_tenchu_37_cs1w1_640x358.jpg

The best part of page 5 is opening that page then looking straight at the Sacred Gifts. I'm here to save you guys.

I always wondered why they need to change boxarts, btw.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I won't buy this game because of the lack of Sacred Gifts in the boxart.

FirewalkR

ZealousD said:

I don't think Kittonwy is much into Wii threads, but there's "Kitty" in the title. Still, I shall summon him. :lol

Edit: f'get about it, I'd only seen page 1. o:) Cat thread titles attract cats confirmed.
It was worth it to quote it again.

klee123

batbeg said:
It's not like it's terribly difficult to un-regionlock the thing...

and why the fuck is that guy British?

I don't really wanna risk it with the firmware updates and shit.

batbeg said:
It's not like it's terribly difficult to un-regionlock the thing...

and why the fuck is that guy British?
Funny how you fail to ask why is she American! But yes, that guy's accent was REALLY jarring.

Ydahs

First review I've seen: http://gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/060109Tenchu4review.aspx

It got a 9.

Tenchu 4 lives on meticulously crafted set-pieces where you have to play your role to perfection, because one false move results in instant death. It’s mostly about not being seen or heard, and about killing enemies with the minimum of fuss. Yet it’s a tremendously satisfying game, mainly because it sets such intricate, difficult tasks without ever unfairly hindering you with dodgy controls or botched AI. In short, Tenchu 4 is a smooth operator and every bit as tricky as the ninjas who front the game.

Perhaps best of all, though, the developer has managed to create a graphically rich and detailed version of 13th Century Japan that’s positively dripping with atmosphere (Tenchu 4 is best played in the dark, so make sure you’ve got the lights switched off or down low before you begin). At some point, we’ve probably all imagined how cool it would be to live the life of an elite ninja, and Tenchu 4 takes us right into that role.
I wasn't too interested in this game previously but I might consider it if more reviews are as glowing as this.

I don't really wanna risk it with the firmware updates and shit.
Do you live in the UK or the US? Which version are you considering on importing?

It's not like any of the previous Tenchu games were high watermarks for voice acting. The British accent is random but not ear rapingly terrible.

Tenchu 4 does shadow some areas of the series’ history – you still get to play as A-list ninja couple Rikimaru and Ayame, and the feudal Japanese setting hasn’t changed – but the Remote/Nunchuk controls and features are innovative and thoroughly involving. For example, the Remote pulses in time with your ninja’s heartbeat; it starts off slowly when there’s no immediate danger and gradually quickens as the situation become more tense and edgy. This is a constant feature of the game – a subtle but excellent use of force feedback that really enhances the atmosphere.
A nice touch.

jaundicejuice said:
It's not like any of the previous Tenchu games were high watermarks for voice acting. The British accent is random but not ear rapingly terrible.

I didn't mind the British accent, he's just some random soon-to-be-dead thug anyway, kinda fits *shrugs*
Hers on the other hand, is just awful, little bitch.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's a really well-done game, guys. I made a thread about it here when it came out in Japan back in November.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339779&highlight=tenchu

That English dub doesn't sound too hot though. Hopefully there's a language option for the U.S. version...

Right now I am waiting for the PSP port. I think the game can ultimately play better with the PSP controls, but what are they going to do about the combat?

klee123

Ydahs said:
Do you live in the UK or the US? Which version are you considering on importing?

Live in AU, have a US console and want to import the Japanese version thanks to the English versions having a horrid dub.

Tenbatsu

Lyte Edge said:
It's a really well-done game, guys. I made a thread about it here when it came out in Japan back in November.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339779&highlight=tenchu

That English dub doesn't sound too hot though. Hopefully there's a language option for the U.S. version...

Right now I am waiting for the PSP port. I think the game can ultimately play better with the PSP controls, but what are they going to do about the combat?
How would you rate the Wii versin?

beje

Banned
Fuck it! Ubisoft will most likely try to shove this down our throats for 60€ in Europe like they did with Soul Calibur Legends.

Time to look for a good deal online.

This game's release just kind of crept up on me (no pun intended). Man, January just seemed to fly by.

Edit: Just realised the Euro version comes out at the end of March.

pgtl_10

The only problems I have with the game is that it looks too easy and the AI looks dumb. Hopefully there are difficulty levels.

Filter

I have only played Tenchu 1 & 2. altho I played and loved tenchu 1 so much that i beat it without a memory card (if you die at all you go back to the start).
This bitching about the awful overdub is ridiculous. If it didn't sound retarded it wouldn't be tenchu.

"w-w-who are yooooo?"

"I underestimated yooo'

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Japanese PSP version is also coming out on 2/12.

It looks like the fighting system is the same first-person style, and to compensate for the lack of Wiimote, you now do the fightes QTE-style and hit the right buttons/directions when they flash on screen.

Top Bottom