• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tennis game coming to Wii?

PkunkFury

I expect a game just like Wii Tennis but that allows you to control the character's position with the analog stick to be available very soon. I also expect this game to be awesome

medrew

Gottlieb Pinball Classics (System 3)
Impossible Mission (System 3) (VC)
Leaderboard Golf (System 3)
Puzzle Balls (System 3)
Super Fruit Fall (System 3)
Tennis Masters (System 3)

The new Phoenix?

Rocked

medrew said:
Puzzle Balls (System 3)

The new Phoenix?

Have we actually seen shots of any of these games? I wonder if they're proper sequels or what...

Last Ninja was amazing!

AniHawk said:
well, except for Virtua Tennis 3 that is.

I'm still confused about this one. Why didn't SEGA realise how well that game would see on Wii?

Instead of just being a solid game on PS3/360 that gets decent sales, it would be a huge game for Wii all because of the motion sensing. People who own a Wii would be seriously interested in it.

I'm still flabbergasted.

medrew said:
Puzzle Balls (System 3)

The new Phoenix?

I said wow.

3rd party support it good, but it seems to me like a bunch of budget titles. Let's hope they're quality budget titles then.

Alkaliine said:
I'm still confused about this one. Why didn't SEGA realise how well that game would see on Wii?

Instead of just being a solid game on PS3/360 that gets decent sales, it would be a huge game for Wii all because of the motion sensing. People who own a Wii would be seriously interested in it.

I'm still flabbergasted.

It's Sega.

Polari

Alkaliine said:

I'm still flabbergasted.

You should've stopped typing after you got to "SEGA". It's SEGA. The company that repeatedly runs head-first into the same brick wall.

Rocked

DefectiveReject said:
I think its cool. One of the things that Ps2 did well was have games of every type and genre good and bad.
So if Wii can do that. That's good

Agreed. :) Wii looks to be getting the quirky PS2 type budget software in Europe and some of those games are actually pretty good. Most people haven't heard of this PS2 budget game I came across, but it's one of my favourites:

42890.jpg

dose

Infernal Monkey said:
Yep. Never heard of 'Puzzle Balls', but the others were all PAL PS2 budget games quite a while ago. Like, REAL budget titles..

fruitfallbig.jpg
Hey, Fruitfall is a great little game. Admittedly the gfx aren't up to much, but it's fun.

Wii needs a super realistic golf game. It'd be cool if the Wiimote was sensitive enough to detect slices, hooks and general suckage. Maybe it could tutor me :p

Rocked said:
Agreed. :) Wii looks to be getting the quirky PS2 type budget software in Europe and some of those games are actually pretty good. Most people haven't heard of this PS2 budget game I came across, but it's one of my favourites:

42890.jpg

What's it about? Do you have any in game pics?

Branduil

Alkaliine said:

I'm still flabbergasted.

shadowwebsite.jpg

santouras

PkunkFury said:
I expect a game just like Wii Tennis but that allows you to control the character's position with the analog stick to be available very soon. I also expect this game to be awesome

I desperately want a game like this. I love tennis games, and whilst wii tennis will be a nice distraction, its all going to be at a game where you can control the character and swing the raquet. Either Virtua Tennis or Top Spin plz! Online as well, I'd never leave my room.

Top Bottom