• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Terminator Video Game Project Teased

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Developed by Teyon and published by Reef Entertainment, Terminator: Resistance is a first-person shooter set in the dark future of the first two films, with the ongoing "Future War" scenario being the game's main backdrop. The game was released to a mixed reception, with many citing the game's uncooked AI and unimpressive shooting mechanics being the game's biggest shortcomings. That being said, it has garnered a cult following among the fans, as evidenced by the reviews given on Steam, despite its faults. With the game being successful, the publisher seems to be teasing some brand new content.

Reef Entertainment posted a tweet that had an image of a damaged uniform, along with a set of instructions written. The tweet indicates that this "message" is coming from John Connor, the protagonist and leader of the Resistance against the Terminators. It says that the mission requires players to meet up with DN38416 to investigate missing residents, along with a close-up of the soldier's uniform and a set of numbers and letters.

Many long-time fans of the franchise easily pieced together the image's meaning, with the numbers and letters being a reference to Seargeant Kyle Reese, an important supporting character of the first Terminator film. Some fans speculated that there might be a future game, or that it could be DLC to Terminator: Resistance. Considering that Reese is the one who goes back in time to save Sarah Connor, along with Resistance's focus on the future war, it's possible it could be a story DLC that focuses on Kyle Reese's efforts before he traveled to the past.

The tweet ends by saying that more news about this tease will be delivered next week.

Dr.Morris79

After that weird stunt of not bringing the enhanced upgrade to the Xbox series X for terminator resistance i'm personally not interested in this developer, considering at the time I only had a series X and PS5 is still none existant they can shove it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But thats just me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why is itt that hard to make a Terminator MP game with lots of modes, a mix of modern day and awesome desolate future maps, where you got a mix of rebels and Terminators battling it out?

You dont even need Skynet vehicles. Just make it boots to the ground resistance warfare.

It would be awesome to have lets say 64 rebels vs. 6 or 8 OP Terminators. Rebels have numbers. Terminators have raw power, durability, infrared vision. Objective modes would be awesome involving time warp doors, blowing up Skynet HQ or underground rebel bases etc...

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Recent terminator games and the movies are not good.
The franchise deserves a talented studio and large budget to do it justice.

Would love to see a terminator game made by naughty dog or even the coalition. But its likely never gonna happen 😒

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Resistance wasn't a perfect game but it also nailed the atmosphere of the Future War as shown in the first two movies. It was a low budget effort but you could tell that it was made with lots of love for those old films and I certainly had more fun playing it than watching those recent god-awful movies. It was fan service through and through so I'm curious if they're gonna get a bigger budget this time to make something less janky.

Terminator games were never good so that's the saddest part. Resistance is probably one of the, if no THE best Terminator game we've got since the 90s.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Resistance wasn't a perfect game but it also nailed the atmosphere of the Future War as shown in the first two movies. It was a low budget effort but you could tell that it was made with lots of love for those old films and I certainly had more fun playing it than watching those recent god-awful movies. It was fan service through and through so I'm curious if they're gonna get a bigger budget this time to make something less janky.

Terminator games were never good so that's the saddest part. Resistance is probably one of the, if no THE best Terminator game we've got since the 90s.

True, but its still a 60-70 game.

I think any talented TPS dev could make a 90+ terminator game

Dr Bass

New mission parameters from John Connor … so is the development team not familiar with the latest movie?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
New mission parameters from John Connor … so is the development team not familiar with the latest movie?
tilda swinton only lovers left alive s GIF

niilokin

Why is itt that hard to make a Terminator MP game with lots of modes, a mix of modern day and awesome desolate future maps, where you got a mix of rebels and Terminators battling it out?

You dont even need Skynet vehicles. Just make it boots to the ground resistance warfare.

It would be awesome to have lets say 64 rebels vs. 6 or 8 OP Terminators. Rebels have numbers. Terminators have raw power, durability, infrared vision. Objective modes would be awesome involving time warp doors, blowing up Skynet HQ or underground rebel bases etc...
this would be a fucking fire

radewagon

Man, I would kill for a Terminator game that centered around the quest to successfully reboot the Terminator film franchise. You could:
  • Decide whether to bring back fan favorite actors, recast them, or replace them with deepfakes.
  • Decide which of timelines to follow or make a new one to unburden yourself from the shackles of previous narratives.
  • Choose CG or practical effects.
  • Decide how much involvement James Cameron should have. Will he produce, write, direct, or just stay away?
  • Choose to cater to fans of the original movies or spit in their faces.
  • RETCON EVERYTHING.... again.
  • Finally come to terms with the fact that (aside from some humor that just doesn't land) Terminator 3 is the best one in the film series and, let's be real here, it has a spot on perfect ending.
I'm telling you. This would be awesome. Make this game and I will buy it.

MiguelItUp

For a budget AA game, Terminator Resistance was absolutely outstanding, especially when it came to source materials, etc. I can't wait to see what they do with Robocop.

For a second I thought this may be DLC, but I'm all for an entirely new game. Terminator needs more love in the video game department.

After that weird stunt of not bringing the enhanced upgrade to the Xbox series X for terminator resistance i'm personally not interested in this developer, considering at the time I only had a series X and PS5 is still none existant they can shove it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But thats just me.
That, and I am not interested in a company that self censors a sex scene that is only one minute long and only shows breasts.

That being said, I would like to see some studio make a Terminator themed game that plays out like Alien Isolation.

Last edited:
They did that? Good god :messenger_tears_of_joy:
yeah they letterboxed the sex scene cropped so you could not see her breast during the sex scene despite it interesting enough, having the same run time length as the sex scene from the original terminator film.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK YOUTUBE VIDEO BELOW:

This is the original scene as restored by a pc mod. The censorship basically makes it so you never see below her shoulders.

Twitter information

Neogaf topic from 2019

nush

Gold Member
Hard to get excited for this news seeing as there has not been a good game or movie in the franchise since the 90's and the Terminator character skin is getting pimped out in some non related games.

Kenpachii

The franchise deserves a talented studio and large budget to do it justice.

Would love to see a terminator game made by naughty dog or even the coalition. But its likely never gonna happen 😒

Imagine naughty dog terminator based on the early movies but a new story.

WitchHunter

Sigh. Licensed games are hopeless. Skydance owns the rights, just look at what they've accomplished with Terminator...

Hope I'm wrong. Just recreate the good ol Terminator arcade game with badass graphics and sounds.

V4skunk

Banned
The game is OK. I got in on Steam for like £3.99 on sale.
Looks rough but surprisingly has good enough gameplay to keep you playing till the end.
With a big budget the devs could make a properly successful Terminator game.

V4skunk

Banned
Make a terminator game WHERE IM THE FUCKING TERMINATOR. I can level up my cybernetics and shit. Give it to Rocksteady... or CDRED.
Yes. You could even have the typical rpg good/evil moral choices and have it make sense to the story (damaged cpu or something).
3rd person would also be good or maybe top down style. Heavy physics use would also be sweet.

Dr.Morris79

yeah they letterboxed the sex scene cropped so you could not see her breast during the sex scene despite it interesting enough, having the same run time length as the sex scene from the original terminator film.

This is the original scene as restored by a pc mod. The censorship basically makes it so you never see below her shoulders.

Twitter information

Neogaf topic from 2019

Christ almighty. The end of human civilization, nuclear war, people dying by the millions from killer T-800's and hunter killers..

..Oh no, boobs!

Cant have that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GrayFoxPL

Twitter information

Neogaf topic from 2019

Hilarious warping! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

VAVA Mk2

Please let this franchise die. Dark Fate killed the franchise in the first 10 minutes and made the first 2 movies completely meaningless.

MikeM

Twitter information

Neogaf topic from 2019

This sums up our messed up society. Violence good, sex bad.

gamer82

I haven't played this yet maybe the will release a complete game with the dlc included, how long is the dlc for it ? looking forward to seeing what's done with robocop that is deffo day one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom