• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

EXGN

This kinda has to come out this year, right? Otherwise Sony has no holiday games? Or am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah, nevermind: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale.

KageMaru

Looks amazing, love the setting, and I can't wait to see how they handle the whole zombie angle. One of my most wanted games this year, assuming it actually makes it out this year.

Don't bother with skeptics, not worth it. It will likely be the best looking game in console history once it comes out.

To be fair, people will make this claim regardless if it really is or not.

the actuall screenshots ND posted some weeks ago were really ugly,I almost thought it run on UE3.

come-on-son1.jpg

As I suspected, the freckles are still there, it was just poor bitrate on the video. I still think she looks pretty much the same.

*edit*

IGN: So, I hear you've changed Ellie. How? I'm watching this trailer and I don't notice any "Cole"-like V-necks or anything. Why'd you change her?

Neil Druckmann (Creative Director): When we came up with the character of Ellie we put a lot of thought into what we wanted her to look like, researching the facial proportions, coloring and bone structures of dozens of faces and bodies. In addition to this, we held numerous casting sessions to ensure we had the right performance capture artist to represent Ellie, eventually selecting actress Ashley Johnson. As we’re still in the midst of development with The Last of Us, the team has been continuing to put a lot of thought into the creation of Ellie. After delving further into the game’s narrative over the past few months, we decided to modify Ellie’s model to better reflect Ashley’s personality, and also resemble a slightly younger teen more fitting to the story. We're happy with the final result shown in the cinematic we have released today, and hope the fans like her too.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/15/the-last-of-us-new-trailer-new-ellie

Well, but I still don't see it lol.

i-Lo

Imagine games like ES or Fallout or any open world game have visual fidelity (IQ) like this for next gen (even@720p@30fps). *jizz*

SSM and ND have pushed the system to the brink and for that we thank them. I just hope the gameplay backs the visual and audio direction of the game.

One of my biggest complaints with U3 was the seemingly massive hordes of enemies who seemed to come into existence out of thin air be unleashed upon the player when he/she would get his/her cover blown. I just hope this won't be the case this time.

I'm intrigued. i don't get what everyone is so upset about with this trailer. i don't see anything as being spoiler territory. we already knew there were human enemies and it was post apocalyptic. i like being shown how the enemies set up ambushes on sympathetic survivors. instead of like in fallout where everyone is immediately an enemy or friend.

also, nice to have the confusion cleared up on ellie. i thought Johnson was the voice and Page did the mo-cap.

Those screens look great although if the Uncharted series is anything to go by there's no chance the IQ will match.
The screen are from cutscene, uncharted cutscenes have perfect iq since they're pre rendered, the actual gameplay wont match this, but even then uncharted games usually have great iq compared to most console games.

Pranay

The screen are from cutscene, uncharted cutscenes have perfect iq since they're pre rendered, the actual gameplay wont match this, but even then uncharted games usually have great iq compared to most console games.

uncharted 3 had a terrible AA as compared to uncharted 2. hope they fix the AA forr the game.

Texture and character model were top notch though

slider

From the pics C_H_T posted new Ellie looks slightly more fragile (bone structure?) or slightly malnourished. So, for all the difference it makes, I prefer new to old.

KageMaru

No, the cut-scenes do not have improved IQ, at least with UC3 and I think maybe even UC2. I saw plenty of artifacts and such in the pre-rendered cut-scenes in UC3.

Regardless, the game, and possibly cut-scenes, are unlikely to have this level of IQ. It was nice to see this look closer to an actual game though, can't wait to see actual gameplay at E3.

Gbraga

I don't know what to think yet, it all depends on the gameplay that follows that scene. Are we going to run from the danger and find a safe place to hide or take cover on the car's doors and start shooting?

If the first, day one.

KageMaru

I can. PS3 is pretty nice hardware. As long as a developer delves into its full potential the outcomes are great. PS3 exclusive games prove this.

It has far more to do with the art and design of the game than the hardware itself (not to mention talent of the studio). Never wondered why all the greatest looking PS3 games are strictly linear? Not really seeing anything in these trailers that isn't possible on similar hardware.

Miggytronz

It has far more to do with the art and design of the game than the hardware itself (not to mention talent of the studio). Never wondered why all the greatest looking PS3 games are strictly linear? Not really seeing anything in these trailers that isn't possible on similar hardware.

True

Kinyou

Can't believe they're pulling these graphics out of the PS3.
Well so far we have just seen some cutscenes (aside from the screenshots) and those are most likely pre-rendered in the game's engine like they were in Uncharted. So I'd hold my judgment back until we see some actual gameplay footage.

Top Bottom