• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Famitsu scans

dkeane

Is that fishing I see in the second scan?
Looks great. It's a shame we have to wait until later this year to play it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm eagerly awaiting the translation of the scans, if there's any new info on there that is.

The PH boat is officially the best boat in Zelda history: no sails, a motor and comes fully customizable with artillery. Eat that, King of what's his face

I loved the world of Wind Waker and Im so glad that the French guy is back. This game just needs to booger kid to become the greatest game ever.

Kawaii

super funk said:
I loved the world of Wind Waker and Im so glad that the French guy is back. This game just needs to booger kid to become the greatest game ever.
Where in the game did you encounter the french guy? i don't remember seein him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kawaii said:
I think he's referring to Salvatore, rather than the new fella.

This is so awesome!

In one of the scan there's a treasure hunting underwater where you can see the grappling hooks to grab it. I'm gald we get to see it what's in the water. :D

Have they announce the release date yet? Hurry up Nintendo!!!

Oxymoron

Jaagen said:
Awesome. You can customize the boat! With enough options, I guess we'll at some point see the "GAF Pimp my Zelda boat" thread. Especially if they have an option for custom decals/flags/marks.
Countdown until someone makes a Forza boat.

PolyGone

Banned
todog said:
I hope this game does really well, so we might see another Zelda in WW's beautiful art style.

this will likely be the style for future portable Zeldas (3d versions, anyway)

andthebeatgoeson

Screenboy said:
holy shit at the customizable boat! im impressed with teh grafix.
HOLY CRAP! Must go, must buy.

The graphics look much cleaner. And sailing, with more islands and bigger islands looks fantastic. What if they made each dungeon take up a significant portion of an island, that creates a land mass? I just don't want a ton of water in between. I guess from pictures, they want you on the wide open ocean but they need to perfect it so it's not just you. Or add a speed option.

I'm babbling. But Zelda will do that to you.

Neo Child

Banned
Oh god its Beadle.

Wonder if he still has the semen patch on his shorts.

This game has pretty much everything I wanted, and even more - Gerudos! I really hope the Zora's are there cause they looked really pretty in The Wind Waker.

beelzebozo said:
salvatore is the best thing ever.

"spleeesh"

Isn't it the fish tha goes "spleeesh"? Salvatore is the depressed French guy that plays that bomber game with you.

Speaking of fishes, I really hope we get the fish we had in TWW, he was so daft and cool.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Alkaliine said:
No doubt.

DS not only has a much bigger userbase than Wii but this game will be considerably more appealing to the Japanese market.

I don't necessarily think that. OoT sold way more than WW. Not to mention Nintendo ****ed over the GC version of TP.

Also, MC didn't sell too well and the GBA userbase was huge.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Neo Child said:
Isn't it the fish tha goes "spleeesh"? Salvatore is the depressed French guy that plays that bomber game with you.

when you play salvatore's battleship-esque mini-game (i think you're trying to hit octopi on a chart or something), if you don't get a hit he makes his interpretation of the sound of a cannonball hitting the water. sounds quite a bit like him saying "spleeeesh"

Some other info from the scans:

-Once a Phantom sees you in the underground temple, he'll follow you. You can't beat him, but he can kill you with a single blow. The only way to get away from him is getting to a "sacred area".

-There will be many events when you're sailing. For example, you'll have to fight a mysterious woman who suddenly gets on your ship.

-The new race featured on the article is called "yukiwaroshi."

This is the first time screenshots made me excited for this game. I guess because there aren't too many dungeon pics, I've always felt that the dungeons in this game were ugly.

RagnarokX

Man this game just keeps looking better and better.

Looks like we finally get to see the place Zunari came from.
zunari.gif

I wonder if he is in the game.

bengraven

Neo Child said:

Speaking of fishes, I really hope we get the fish we had in TWW, he was so daft and cool.

I was wondering who Salvatore is. Damn, I finished the game and everything, but can not for my life remember who he was.

Oblivion said:
I don't necessarily think that. OoT sold way more than WW. Not to mention Nintendo ****ed over the GC version of TP.

Also, MC didn't sell too well and the GBA userbase was huge.

OoT has also sold way more than twilight princess. Obviously, being a launch game with the wii and having a cube version will propel TP to better numbers, but I think you'll still find OoT's success the exception not the rule. At 4-5 million, wind waker was no failure. It's in line with Link to the Past and Majora's Mask.

KevinRo

bengraven said:
I was wondering who Salvatore is. Damn, I finished the game and everything, but can not for my life remember who he was.

I actually don't remember Salvatore's face either, but I remember one of the other characters with the biggest nose I've ever seen in video games. You don't forget a nose of that size.

KevinRo said:
I actually don't remember Salvatore's face either, but I remember one of the other characters with the biggest nose I've ever seen in video games. You don't forget a nose of that size.

Beedle. He's in this one too.

People need to get it through their heads that in Japan, Zelda doesn't ever sell big. Of all the Zelda games ever made, the only one to crack the top 10 on any of the Nintendo consoles in terms of "best selling" is Twilight Princess on Wii, and that's only because the system is like 6 months old in Japan. This is for both handhelds and consoles there.

The Wind Waker has also sold roughly twice as many copies as Twilight Princess in Japan, hence Miyamoto views it as a failure. I mean, TWW had so much negative hype, and it was rushed, yet it beat out a game they spent a long time on, and hyped up a lot, and was supposedly "everthing a fan wanted".

Of course that's a huge embarassment to them.

I think Nintendo is going to market Phantom Hourglass very agressively in both Japan and Western regions. I do think it will sell more than any recent Zelda game, too. I think it will crack 1 million in all regions.

ivysaur12

Banned
Is this on the same Great Sea? Do you get to go to Windfall? That would be sweeet.

And there shouldn't have been any Ice people, MORE YETIS! I love the Yetis from TP.

Kawaii said:

:lol I guess his name is Salvatore. I always thought he was just an unnamed French guy, possibly a former chef on a pirate ship.

Sagitario

mugwhump said:
WTF GORONS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT MUCH HAIR

why are you destroying zelda Nintendoooooooooooo

WTF PEOPLE SHOULDN'T OVERREACT OVER LITTLE STUPID THINGS
... even though this is GAF =\

Why do you hate freedooooooooooooom mugwhump?

Top Bottom