• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 information from Gamestar

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good, I am happy to hear this.

This means they are pushing the hardware on PS4 and not going for some parity shit that has been ruining gaming this gen so far.

Well to be fair...games like ACU are fairly isolated incidents when we look overall at taxing games on both hardware to be run at the same res. i don't think its devs intentionally doing anything due to some kind of conspiracy.

If your not GPU limited, then it makes sense to have the same res(although its more likely in this case the XB1 reach 1080p than the PS4 is downgraded to the same sub FHD res as XB1)

erawsd

Those collectibles and see everything part will be the only things people pointed at when bashing the game though, I'm afraid. "This game has 100 hours of meaningless things to do!", even though they're just optional.

As long as they arent things that occupy space in a quest log, I doubt it. For instance, there are hundreds of cards to collect for the minigame, there will probably be an Achievement for collecting them but most people are likely fine not having to engage in that... I know I am.

Daverid

Will Shani from The Witcher 1 make an appearance? Can't seem to find any information about it at all.

Sadly not. They confirmed it on one of the Q&A streams.

Although there's always the possibility of her in some DLC, maybe she might pop up in a little side adventure as one of the 16 Free DLC's? (I know that has gotten a lot of requests on the Witcher Forums)

Is it actually 200 hours long of meaningful or at least interesting content? Or is it 200 hours long like Dragon age padded with uninteresting fetch quests and minimap icon hunting?

My estimate is that the earlier mentioned 50 (main quest) or 100 (side quests) hours are the quality content, the 200 hours is for the completionists.

BatSu

iJmO1Da.jpg

Lol!
I love that Potop Geralt. There's a barber system in the game, right?
I hope the hairstyle selection will be more diversed compared to TW2.

Samaritan

[*] No enemy respawning or at the least not very frequently[/LIST]

This has me very excited. Nothing takes me out of games that aim for immersion than clearing out a base of enemies and then coming back later to find they're all back. I also like the idea of there being a finite amount of XP in the entire world, a theoretical max level.

Staf

My estimate is that the earlier mentioned 50 (main quest) or 100 (side quests) hours are the quality content, the 200 hours is for the completionists.

Sound great. I can easily ignore all the collectibles, just give me proper main quests and side quests with fleshed out stories attached to them. I want none of that DA:I/MMORPG quest structure.

Mifec

Sound great. I can easily ignore all the collectibles, just give me proper main quests and side quests with fleshed out stories attached to them. I want none of that DA:I/MMORPG quest structure.

They said there is none of that at all and that every quest is fleshed out.

Man, this game wasn't even on my radar a month ago. I kept hearing about it but really couldn't have cared less about the Witcher series... Then I began my playthrough of The Witcher 2.

I'm only about 2/3's through the game, but The Witcher 3 has skyrocketed to the top of my list of most anticipated titles of 2015. I absolutely cannot wait to play it.

SaberEdge

Man, this game wasn't even on my radar a month ago. I kept hearing about it but really couldn't have cared less about the Witcher series... Then I began my playthrough of The Witcher 2.

I'm only about 2/3's through the game, but The Witcher 3 has skyrocketed to the top of my list of most anticipated titles of 2015. I absolutely cannot wait to play it.

That's awesome. The first two Witcher games are two of my favorite games of all time. They also got me into the books. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to The Witcher 3. It's my most anticipated game this year as well.

Mar Nosso

Banned
I was becoming disenchanted with the game after watching a video a couple of weeks ago that showed Geralt on his horse down a mountain and then walking around a village. The world seemed empty and the fighting basic... These impressions renew my interest, but the memory of that video still lingers. What to believe...

Edit: Haven't played any of the previous games. Hope it won't be needed.

Sadly not. They confirmed it on one of the Q&A streams.

Although there's always the possibility of her in some DLC, maybe she might pop up in a little side adventure as one of the 16 Free DLC's? (I know that has gotten a lot of requests on the Witcher Forums)

Not in main game, but possible in future DLC.
Nooooooooooooooooo.... hope to see her in the DLC then. Really sucks to not see her in the main game though.

What a botched bullshot attempt. If you Photoshop a fake depth of field, at least do it right.

blurjzjj4.png

I am more concerned with the fact the SWORD ISN'T IN ITS SCABBARD!!!!

I cannot unsee it. Now I wonder if it's not in it's scabbard in all other shots.

The game has been ruined for me.

Pre-Order Cancelled.

Denton

Dualshockers got to play the game:

http://www.*****************/2015/0...we-havent-even-seen-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-2/

Recently, I had a chance to chat wit The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Senior Game Designer Damien Monnier and Localization Manager Alexandre Boiret, and I asked them whether the game is going to have big setpieces, maybe showing battles in which armies clashed, considering that the game is set during a war.

While Monnier declined to talk about that specific example, his response was definitely promising:

There’s a war in the background. The example that you’ve given, I can’t really tell you anything, but we have some really epic… That word gets thrown around too much, but it truly is epic, it’s jaw-dropping, huge setpieces.

Boiret also added:

You’re thrown into this mess. The world doesn’t revolve around you, but you just get sucked into things.

Considering that we often see a lot of the game way before release, I also asked them how much of the game we’ve seen already, and how much we have left to experience. Boiret was quite clear cut:

It’s not even the tip of the iceberg.

He went on to explain that people still discover new things they had no idea about when they play around with the game in the office. Monnier also commented:

Yeah, you have no idea. And you have no idea because we don’t have any idea. There are lots of gameplay systems that are so organic, that will work if you have multiple things happening at once. You know, monsters coming in, and humans joining in, and other things happening. It just works, but I’m never gonna sit down and test this in every single corner of the world. It’s too big.

I don’t know about you, but Personally I can’t wait to explore every single corner of the world, and discover all those systems, to see just how far The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s world simulation goes.

http://www.*****************/2015/0...less-than-great-think-again-it-looks-awesome/

There is a difference, and that’s undeniable. The Xbox One version of the game will look a bit worse than the PS4 version, and both will look worse than the PC version played on anything more than a toaster (yes, this is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Fact is that, unless you have multiple platforms and you have to decide which version of the game to buy, this matters very little.

The reason for that is simple: Today I played the Xbox One version of the game, and it looks great. As a matter of fact, it’s probably the best looking open world game I’ve seen on consoles this generation. It also looks better than quite a lot of much more linear games.

Lighting is the true king of graphics, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s lighting was fantastic on the build I played. CD Projekt RED pulled out all the stops to light up the game in the most impressive and expressive way possible, from beautiful God rays to extremely solid shaders.

Whether you’re at night, during the day, in-between or inside a building lighted only by candles, everything is bathed in a spectacular light that will make you appreciate every little detail.

Environments are also absolutely stunning. The draw distance is majestic, letting you see mountain ranges, valleys and forests miles away. The area we were given to play was relatively small (it took me about 8 minutes on horseback to traverse it from north to south), but looking in the distance, I felt like I really wanted to climb those mountains and explore all that beautiful terrain.

Exclusive Gamestop map that comes with the Collector's Prima Stratagy Guide. Bad resolution, but it's the non-stylized version.

102798_bonusLG.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just realized there was a film/TV series that did absolutely horrible. I'm a pretty big fan of the games. I own 1 or 2 books and have strengthened my knowledge of the lore over time. I just can't justify watching the film.

wiedzmin-still.jpg

I was trying to find some fan assumptions of the films, but they were all negative. All the way down to Polish narratives should never be turned into a film. I would of liked a live action Witcher film.

Here's for a solid Witcher entry and a conclusion to a fantastic series. I have the GOG and PS4 version purchased. With my 660 I'm worried about performance considering I haven't updated my graphics card yet. I'll be playing this on PS4. I would hate to have lots of screen tear while exploring the world.

SaberEdge

Dualshockers got to play the game:

"There is a difference, and that’s undeniable. The Xbox One version of the game will look a bit worse than the PS4 version, and both will look worse than the PC version played on anything more than a toaster (yes, this is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Fact is that, unless you have multiple platforms and you have to decide which version of the game to buy, this matters very little.

The reason for that is simple: Today I played the Xbox One version of the game, and it looks great. As a matter of fact, it’s probably the best looking open world game I’ve seen on consoles this generation. It also looks better than quite a lot of much more linear games.

Lighting is the true king of graphics, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s lighting was fantastic on the build I played. CD Projekt RED pulled out all the stops to light up the game in the most impressive and expressive way possible, from beautiful God rays to extremely solid shaders.

Whether you’re at night, during the day, in-between or inside a building lighted only by candles, everything is bathed in a spectacular light that will make you appreciate every little detail.

Environments are also absolutely stunning. The draw distance is majestic, letting you see mountain ranges, valleys and forests miles away. The area we were given to play was relatively small (it took me about 8 minutes on horseback to traverse it from north to south), but looking in the distance, I felt like I really wanted to climb those mountains and explore all that beautiful terrain."

http://www.*****************/2015/0...less-than-great-think-again-it-looks-awesome/

That's pretty incredible if even the Xbox One version looks that good. I can only imagine how great the PC version is going to look at Ultra settings with HBAO+, hairworks and really good anti-aliasing on my G-Sync monitor with a very smooth framerate.

no maam

Banned
Do you think they will change the graphic settings to make the consoles not look so bad? Like make the high setting on pc equivalent to the ps4. Just to say that the ps4 rips through the witcher on high pc settings(which would technically be the lowest setting on pc).

Smellycat

His Majesty, you did forgot many things from Gamestar though

Anyway, some new screens from GS: (I think they are from the pdf. version - maybe ?)
10633789_1596495017264347_6253359516942990699_o.jpg

See, this is one of the reasons why I am glad Zelda WiiU was delayed. I want it to look like this (obviously it can't on a technical level, but you know what I mean). This game looks amazing

erawsd

Do you think they will change the graphic settings to make the consoles not look so bad? Like make the high setting on pc equivalent to the ps4. Just to say that the ps4 rips through the witcher on high pc settings(which would technically be the lowest setting on pc).

What would be the point of that? I don't see why CDPR would care if you're buying the PS4 or PC version of the game. If anything, they would probably prefer people buy from GOG on PC where they get all the monies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This has the potential to be THE video game of our time. A monument if you will.

I should finally get around to starting Witcher 1.

zkorejo

Just a bit over a month. I need to atleast finish the blood of elves by then.

I hope they show a ps4 footage before release. Im buying this regardless of how it looks on ps4, but it would be nice to see what it looks like.

SaberEdge

Just a bit over a month. I need to atleast finish the blood of elves by then.

I hope they show a ps4 footage before release. Im buying this regardless of how it looks on ps4, but it would be nice to see what it looks like.

"There is a difference, and that’s undeniable. The Xbox One version of the game will look a bit worse than the PS4 version, and both will look worse than the PC version played on anything more than a toaster (yes, this is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Environments are also absolutely stunning. The draw distance is majestic, letting you see mountain ranges, valleys and forests miles away. The area we were given to play was relatively small (it took me about 8 minutes on horseback to traverse it from north to south), but looking in the distance, I felt like I really wanted to climb those mountains and explore all that beautiful terrain."

Read all that and then realize the PS4 version will look pretty similar, but with perhaps a few advantages. It already runs at a higher resolution: 1080p vs 900p.

They said they would be showing some PS4 footage before release.

It sounds like it is going to be an impressive looking game on all three platforms.

Something about this game seems off to me, but I can't shake the hype completely.

The 200 hour comment is a bit concerning after Dragon Age's bloated structure.

zkorejo

Read all that and then realize the PS4 version will look pretty similar, but with perhaps a few advantages. It already runs at a higher resolution: 1080p vs 900p.

They said they would be showing some PS4 footage before release.

It sounds like it is going to be an impressive looking game on all three platforms.

Thanks for the quote. Good to know they are planning to show the ps4 version before release.

Gutss

This is why i want a game focus on just a single player, multiplayer just waste content in my openion with this kind of game, the 200 hours of gameplay proves this game is pack with content and im really excited.

Top Bottom