• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New THQ Nordic Open-World ARPG "Biomutant" Accidentally Revealed Early [PS4/X1/PC]

Adryuu

Gameplay leaked

anigif_enhanced-25640-1401213711-5.gif

Yeah, day one.

DemWalls

I prefer how the protagonist's fur colors look in the promo image. In-game the contrast is just too stark. Just nitpicking though, it looks good. I'm really curious about the extensive customization.

I was not expecting this. They have my curiosity!

Best case scenario, this has a deep character customization and creation system where you get to choose which animal mutation you will be, which changes the way you play.

kulapik

Hopefully systematically generated worlds just means that they made the world that way, but it's just one for everybody.

Exodust

Banned
"Systematically generated worlds"...? :(

Hot tip for game developers: if you don't have the money or manpower to fully design an open world game, you probably shouldn't make an open world game.

Procedurally generated levels/areas/what have you can work but most of the time it comes off as lazy, and it worse desperate to fit into a trend. I get why they decided to go open world, it's the big thing going for a while now, but damn did I lose interest when I found out the game would have procedurally generated open world. Would have rather they made their game smaller in scale now.

whyman

Hot tip for game developers: if you don't have the money or manpower to fully design an open world game, you probably shouldn't make an open world game.

Procedurally generated levels/areas/what have you can work but most of the time it comes off as lazy, and it worse desperate to fit into a trend. I get why they decided to go open world, it's the big thing going for a while now, but damn did I lose interest when I found out the game would have procedurally generated open world. Would have rather they made their game smaller in scale now.

Huh? Worked great in Horizon Zero Dawn. I think it can be good.

Maffis

I dont think the pics shows enough to judge it entirely. The environment looks great and you can make your character really colorful if you want

Awesome trailer!

I like how expressive that cute pupper was. Wanna hold him tight and never let go!

Tho it should lose that frog arm...

Could it be that players get new powers trough contaminated puddles? Would be nice and little different that basic "buy this or use this machine to get powers".

I like how full of cover that was. Was getting SO tired of all these damn dark apocalyptic games with boring ass zombies.

It seems that devs are seriously embracing colours once again, and I love it!

And of course, being an European dev house, the game will have something novel to it. Jank also, if we're lucky!

Top Bottom