• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

LTTP Deals VR New to PSVR

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
I just picked up a used edition of PSVR with two move controllers and Doom.

I have a few questions for GAF PSVR owners.

1. What should I expect in terms of initial setup and experience?

2. Those who experienced motion sickness, did it ever go away?

3. GAMES! What are the must-haves for VR? I’m looking for that party casual atmosphere first. (I’m already convinced to get Astroboy and Beat Sabre).

• Love
Reactions: pixelation

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
1. Setup is pretty straight forward, all their cables are labeled and numbered which really helped.
2. I get motion sickness from VR really bad. A lot of people will say "just stick with it" but for me it never went away even after playing a few hours every day for a week. Your individual results may vary.
3. Some of my favorite VR games (and the ones I get sick with less) are actually games where you're looking down into a 3D space rather than first person. Stuff like Astrobot and Moss fit this bill perfectly.

Reactions: hyperbertha

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
Gonna keep this light, but motion sickness is just not something that happens for me in VR. Also, just know that Doom VFR's Move controls are atrocious. There's a ton of great Move content on VR, but Doom just isn't it.

Gamerguy84

Mar 25, 2019
Pay close attention to proper camera setup. Make sure their isn't mirrors or glass covered pics behind you.

Beat Saber is great. Get on the PSN store and download the 3 demo disks.

Have fun

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Sep 10, 2006
Everybody's Golf, Wipeout, Polybius, Beat Saber, Dirt, Superhot are all pretty great. More party oriented stuff would be like maybe Diner Duo, Fruit Ninja, Carnival Games, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Reactions: Hulk_Smash

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
Gonna keep this light, but motion sickness is just not something that happens for me in VR. Also, just know that Doom VFR's Move controls are atrocious. There's a ton of great Move content on VR, but Doom just isn't it.

Is it the full Doom game?

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
Pay close attention to proper camera setup. Make sure their isn't mirrors or glass covered pics behind you.

Beat Saber is great. Get on the PSN store and download the 3 demo disks.

Have fun
What are the 3 demo disks? Are they just 3 songs or is it quite a bit of content?

trikster40

Dec 12, 2008
The more you play, the quicker you get your VR feet under you.

Get Batman Arkham VR, WipeOut, Firewall, lots others that are pretty cheap and fun experiences.

Gamerguy84

Mar 25, 2019
What are the 3 demo disks? Are they just 3 songs or is it quite a bit of content?

Unrelated to Beat Saber. They are game demos.

UltimaKilo

May 17, 2006
Florida
I have about every PSVR game. You need to check out: Moss, AstroBot, Blood & Truth along with my personal favorite: Firewall.

Firewall is the best multiplayer VR experience.

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
I have about every PSVR game. You need to check out: Moss, AstroBot, Blood & Truth along with my personal favorite: Firewall.

Firewall is the best multiplayer VR experience.

Is there any way to go back and download all those ps plus vr games I missed these past 2 years of having plus?

pixelation

Nov 21, 2014
I just picked up a used edition of PSVR with two move controllers and Doom.

I have a few questions for GAF PSVR owners.

1. What should I expect in terms of initial setup and experience?

2. Those who experienced motion sickness, did it ever go away?

3. GAMES! What are the must-haves for VR? I’m looking for that party casual atmosphere first. (I’m already convinced to get Astroboy and Beat Sabre).
Get Creed Rise to Glory, Moss, Wipeout Omega Collection.

I hope you're not big-headed (like I am), I gotta pull the strap to release the pressure for about 20 seconds and let go every 5 or 10 minutes, or else I risk getting a big headache that lingers on.

Congrats dude, PSVR is AWESOME. I am envious that you get to experience VR for the first time XD

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
Get Creed Rise to Glory, Moss, Wipeout Omega Collection.

I hope you're not big-headed (like I am), I gotta pull the strap to release the pressure for about 20 seconds and let go every 5 or 10 minutes, or else I risk getting a big headache that lingers on.

Congrats dude, PSVR is AWESOME. I am envious that you get to experience VR for the first time XD
I got a massive noggin unfortunately. Headsets are murder to me so I’m used to it.

• Empathy
Reactions: pixelation