• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Tom Clancy's Defiant Worldwide Reveal

bender

Candy Corn Aficionado
Apr 12, 2010
Finally! The world needs more Tom Clancy games. Thank you, Ubisoft!

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
ubisoft are just becoming super unoriginal at this point. they seem to follow whats trending nowadays rather than listening to their community of what they want *cough* SPLINTER CELL

They literally listened to that community for years. It's listening to that community that drove down profits as the last handful of Splinter Cell games weren't very successful.

The community that these companies need to listen to are the ones that buy and play games.

Loud minority < Quiet majority.

Reactions: Andodalf

theHFIC

Aug 22, 2014

Yay, another microtransaction shooter!

-No one, ever.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
ubisoft are just becoming super unoriginal at this point. they seem to follow whats trending nowadays rather than listening to their community of what they want *cough* SPLINTER CELL
See how they treated Hyperscape was pretty amusing as well. It's like they launched a battle royale game and then just didn't listen to or engage with the community, influencers, sponsors, etc. It looked and felt like they had no idea what they were doing. Even if the game did have potential in some form. Game is going to die any day now, surely.

II_JumPeR_I

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
See how they treated Hyperscape was pretty amusing as well. It's like they launched a battle royale game and then just didn't listen to or engage with the community, influencers, sponsors, etc. It looked and felt like they had no idea what they were doing. Even if the game did have potential in some form. Game is going to die any day now, surely.
HyperScape also had the issue that it first was made for twitch streamers with their adhs audience. When that started to flop they tried to change the game to be more friendly towards normal human beings lol

• LOL
Reactions: MiguelItUp

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Dec 9, 2012
They finaly went first person. I would have loved another game like Wildlands, that game was good.

Is breakpoint considered a sequel? Because I bought it for $7 or something a few weeks ago and wow that is a boring game. Is wildlands really better?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.

SJRB

May 10, 2012
This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.

FUCK this. Who asked for this?

My God, Ubi you stupid motherfuckers. Running all your IPs into the ground with your fetish for LIIIIIIVEEEE SERVIIIIICCE.

fatmarco

Aug 3, 2020
So I guess the only AAA modern military games that stick reasonably close to a realistic aesthetic will remain Call of Duty. Christ.

Bridges

Nov 15, 2016
USA
This is probably that Project Battlecat game that was leaked, right? We knew they were working on a multiplayer shooter that takes characters from The Division, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell and pits them against each other.

If this is it though, I'm surprised at just how much it looks like Call of Duty. If you had told me that was Black Ops 5 or something I'd have probably believed you

Dabaus

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
You’ll get your free to play, pay to win, mobile game and you’ll like it. (I hope it’s not that for fans of the franchise though.)

• Empathy
Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
Did the market also help Ubi developing Hyperscape?

This new game looks just as bland and uninspired.

Yes.

Flops happened before analytics. Flops happen after the arrival of analytics.

The use of analytics (market research) doesn't guarantee success. No one ever claimed it would.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDKFA

chigstoke

May 23, 2017
Those clips basically look like CoD, I expect F2P and lots of MTX.

Hopefully it can at least have the saving grace of good gunplay if nothing else. But my boys at Third Echelon are getting done dirty with the severe lack of Splinter Cell.

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
With Ubisoft's recent focus on free to play like games I don't even want Splinter Cell from them. I would just end being pissed that I won't play it.

• Empathy

CitizenZ

Jan 14, 2021
Wow, they really just moved the camera to FPS, placed it on the the Divisions map, made it free to play, copied CoD abilities from AW and are making a "Big reveal". FFS any one seeing a pattern with all the big publishers who have gone woke the last couple of years? NOTHING is new, its all copy/paste.