• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tom Clancy's Defiant Worldwide Reveal

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
ubisoft are just becoming super unoriginal at this point. they seem to follow whats trending nowadays rather than listening to their community of what they want *cough* SPLINTER CELL

They literally listened to that community for years. It's listening to that community that drove down profits as the last handful of Splinter Cell games weren't very successful.

The community that these companies need to listen to are the ones that buy and play games.

Loud minority < Quiet majority.

theHFIC

LqzQrIL.gif

Yay, another microtransaction shooter!

-No one, ever.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

ubisoft are just becoming super unoriginal at this point. they seem to follow whats trending nowadays rather than listening to their community of what they want *cough* SPLINTER CELL
See how they treated Hyperscape was pretty amusing as well. It's like they launched a battle royale game and then just didn't listen to or engage with the community, influencers, sponsors, etc. It looked and felt like they had no idea what they were doing. Even if the game did have potential in some form. Game is going to die any day now, surely.

II_JumPeR_I

See how they treated Hyperscape was pretty amusing as well. It's like they launched a battle royale game and then just didn't listen to or engage with the community, influencers, sponsors, etc. It looked and felt like they had no idea what they were doing. Even if the game did have potential in some form. Game is going to die any day now, surely.
HyperScape also had the issue that it first was made for twitch streamers with their adhs audience. When that started to flop they tried to change the game to be more friendly towards normal human beings lol

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They finaly went first person. I would have loved another game like Wildlands, that game was good.

Is breakpoint considered a sequel? Because I bought it for $7 or something a few weeks ago and wow that is a boring game. Is wildlands really better?

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.

FUCK this. Who asked for this?

My God, Ubi you stupid motherfuckers. Running all your IPs into the ground with your fetish for LIIIIIIVEEEE SERVIIIIICCE.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This basically looks like Tom Clancy's Call of Duty and if UbiSoft can release it without it taking up 2/3rds of your PS5 SSD I'd play this over CoD.

fatmarco

So I guess the only AAA modern military games that stick reasonably close to a realistic aesthetic will remain Call of Duty. Christ.

Bridges

This is probably that Project Battlecat game that was leaked, right? We knew they were working on a multiplayer shooter that takes characters from The Division, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell and pits them against each other.

If this is it though, I'm surprised at just how much it looks like Call of Duty. If you had told me that was Black Ops 5 or something I'd have probably believed you

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Did the market also help Ubi developing Hyperscape?

This new game looks just as bland and uninspired.

Yes.

Flops happened before analytics. Flops happen after the arrival of analytics.

The use of analytics (market research) doesn't guarantee success. No one ever claimed it would.

Last edited:

chigstoke

Those clips basically look like CoD, I expect F2P and lots of MTX.

Hopefully it can at least have the saving grace of good gunplay if nothing else. But my boys at Third Echelon are getting done dirty with the severe lack of Splinter Cell.

CitizenZ

Banned
Wow, they really just moved the camera to FPS, placed it on the the Divisions map, made it free to play, copied CoD abilities from AW and are making a "Big reveal". FFS any one seeing a pattern with all the big publishers who have gone woke the last couple of years? NOTHING is new, its all copy/paste.

Top Bottom