• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raiders screenshots - You'll want to protect her

tombraidermultiediteur0.jpg

Lock if old

Can we have a moratorium on using this filter in games?
Can't see a thing. Effects > Gameplay, I guess.
Well, at least the game is in third person, so there's a potential reason for the effects to exist.

Seeing this kinda junk in a first person game makes me rage though.

ymmv

Banned
Op, could you make the pics clickable? I still haven't found a way to view quoted pics in the original size that's easy to use and doesn't involve multiple clicks.

They might not have the most polygons or pixels, but I always find Crystal Dynamics art direction to be nice and very consistent. It probably looks better in motion
especially during a nice long QTE

Trigger

I've complained about this looking like an Uncharted clone, but I'm going to be there Day 1 more than likely.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
no need to protect her she does that for you with auto regen health

Eideka

Banned
Me too. I hope this looks gorgeous on PC.

Square Enix + AMD partnership bode very well. Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3 were all part of the Gaming Evolved program and unsurprisingly those games were full of DX11 bells and whistles.

Same thing will happen for TR. Besides, Nixxes (Hitman, Deus Ex) are working on the PC build.

We can safely expect a glorious looking PC version with HD textures and DX11 features.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/04/tomb-raider-reboot-will-make-pc-gamers-very-very-happy/

We spent a lot of time making sure that the standard here is good enough for someone who’s only ever experienced Tomb Raider on PC,” says Horton, shifting uneasily beneath the unblinking compound-eye of the Edge Hive Brain. “We have dedicated people making sure the PC game feels just like console ones, but at the same time takes the best advantage of the format. We’ll have things like being able to have higher-resolution textures— There’s a lot of details I can’t go into right now, but the PC version will definitely make those who have a powerful gaming PC very, very happy.”

I remember the reveal trailer from a year ago. Game looked waaaay better there graphically. Not that it matters, it just shows, that we can't expect any wonders from this generation anymore.

Xav

The hate this game gets is pathetic, unlike most of you I've played the game and it looks awesome. It feels very Uncharted at the moment but considering how much GAF loves Uncharted I don't see the problem, hypocrites.

The game keeps looking better and better, the haters can GTFO.
6rixo.jpg

pargonta

Browntastic.

Blue and Orange... the game, as well lol. it's solid color scheme though, the fires definitely pop.

my browser as well is slow but it might just be on my end

the protect her meme needs to be backed up in the context of the game, and here we see her getting mauled by a wolf.

as long as they continue the theme I feel it is okay for players to do so as well.

pargonta

when she holds the bow horizontal the string clips right through her chest... seems kinda wonky. why would CD let the player do that if it breaks verisimilitude? hm, oh well.

Top Bottom