• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raiders screenshots - You'll want to protect her

Eideka

Banned
Yeah, but the itself still looks great.

Oh yeah regardless of the Uncharted influence I'm still pumped for this game. As I've stated countless times a story/character driven take on a franchise does not bother me at all.

Narration and atmosphere can go a long way with me and are what attracted me to video games in the first place. The dictatorship of gameplay must end.

Textures look terrible.

Beside that the whole concept isn`t doing it for me and i wished they would continue with the Legend/Underworld/Anniversary series.

Goldrusher

You really thought it was a good idea to:

1) embed 45 MB worth of screens?
2) keep them in their "intended for print media" resolution of 4767x2681?
3) use Imageshack?

Pyrrhus

Has there been any word on whether or not the PC version will have better textures? (And maybe shadows while we're at it?)

MjFrancis

I'll be picking up the PC version sooner or later. If I get caught up in the hype, probably sooner. I haven't played a game in this franchise since Tomb Raider 2 came out on PC, though, so it's been a while.

Eideka

Banned
Has there been any word on whether or not the PC version will have better textures? (And maybe shadows while we're at it?)

See previous page. I linked a PC gamer article in which high-res textures are confirmed.

And given that Square Enix, AMD and Nixxes are involved we can expect great things.

Pyrrhus

See previous page. I linked a PC gamer article in which high-res textures are confirmed.

And given that Square Enix, AMD and Nixxes are involved we can expect great things.

My fears are put entirely at rest, then. DX:HR had a great conversion.

DieH@rd

Banned
smaller pics [not all of them]

tombraidermultiediteuugjru.jpg

tombraidermultiediteu51j5q.jpg

tombraidermultiediteuekj2w.jpg

tombraidermultiediteusijdz.jpg

tombraidermultiediteuedkks.jpg

tombraidermultiediteungkne.jpg

tombraidermultiediteuapkgn.jpg

Eideka

Banned
My fears are put entirely at rest, then. DX:HR had a great conversion.

Don't forget about Hitman Absolution, the PC port is not free of issues but looks stunning with a significant graphical overhaul.
Nixxes have done a very good job on this one.

I don't want to sound like an AMD PR but whenever they strike a deal with a publisher the PC version ends up being excellent. Bioshock Infinite is part of AMD's gaming program as well.

UrbanRats

Graphics look terrible, but i guess you should appreciate the non-bullshot approach.
Even from a stylistic standpoint, though i don't like the look of it, really bland and trite gritty look.

Game looks like shit, but keep beating that "protect" horse.

Sanctuary

I've complained about this looking like an Uncharted clone, but I'm going to be there Day 1 more than likely.

It's always funny seeing someone complain about how much it looks like Uncharted, when Uncharted was heavily influenced by Tomb Raider. Even if TR is trying to modern it up so much that it does end up being a little too much like Uncharted; what comes around goes around eh?

Those screens are not absolutely terrible either--for a console.

Glass Rebel

Looks pretty brownish and low res. Still looking forward to the PC version at a reasonable price.

Some of you guys need to look for newer jokes, btw.

sublimit

Banned
It's always funny seeing someone complain about how much it looks like Uncharted, when Uncharted was heavily influenced by Tomb Raider. Even if TR is trying to modern it up so much that it does end up being a little too much like Uncharted; what comes around goes around eh?

Only on a superficial level though.

TheExodu5

Banned
Personally, I think it looks great. I'm anxious to see some user super sampled screenshots.

edit: wait, not all the shots had loaded. Wow, that second shot actually looks really, really bad. And shadow dithering too. -_-

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You really thought it was a good idea to:

1) embed 45 MB worth of screens?
2) keep them in their "intended for print media" resolution of 4767x2681?
3) use Imageshack?

Especially number 3. OP, cmon son.

Still looking forward to this. Coming out in a crowded release period though.

UrbanRats

Only on a superficial level though.

Not even that i'd argue.
Indiana Jones and Romancing the stone, were probably the source of the inspiration for Uncharted in the first place and the gamedesign it's fairly different.
If anything, i remember Naughty Dog getting pressure from Sony to copy Gears of War, and that's why they had gone with a more realistic approach than JaK and Dexter.

Raptor

I see no reason whatsoever as to why she has to have small boobs.

If she had bigger boobs I still would want to protect her.

:p

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, sorry...after seeing these shots on my PC monitor...yeah they look kind of bad. Those texures...

And can we drop this protection meme bullshit?

Lime

Looking good.

The hate this game gets is pathetic, unlike most of you I've played the game and it looks awesome. It feels very Uncharted at the moment but considering how much GAF loves Uncharted I don't see the problem, hypocrites.

Game looks pretty good, visually. I'm hyped to play this.

Are you all suffering from impaired vision or something? The polygons, textures, aliasing - everything looks absolutely terrible.

sublimit

Banned
Not even that i'd argue.
Indiana Jones and Romancing the stone, were probably the source of the inspiration for Uncharted in the first place and the gamedesign it's fairly different.
If anything, i remember Naughty Dog getting pressure from Sony to copy Gears of War, and that's why they had gone with a more realistic approach than JaK and Dexter.

I agree but i would also understand why some people might see simalirities between the two series if they have only played Crystal's TR games.

Enkidu

It kind of looks like a PS2 game when blown up to such extreme resolutions. If they really need extremely high-res screenshots at least do it from the PC version so they get a proper rendering resolution as well.

Are you all suffering from impaired vision or something? The polygons, textures, aliasing - everything looks absolutely terrible.

I think it looks like crap too, but you don't need to be condescending about it.

I'm kind of wondering honestly.

This picture in particular is horrid beyond belief:

Perhaps they should consider Square Enix's group UE4 license going forward.

Looks like a PSP version.

Looks awesome. I really hope the game does TR exploring and puzzles justice. If it's just Uncharted with breasts I'll completely ignore it. I like Uncharted, but I don't want a TR based on that type of linear shoot-a-thon with little sense of exploration.

Brown and grey, piss filter, cover based third person shooter.

I liked it when it was called Gears of War, but we don't needs thousands of these games.

Pass.

Top Bottom