• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TOOL Album To Be Released on August 30th, 2019

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We've been celebrating in another thread for a few days. I cannot believe it's actually happening. I'm 26 and 10,000 days came out when I turned 13. I've been waiting literally half my life for this.

Here's two of the new tracks played live for the first time recently:

stolin

Been listening to the full new tracks since Rockville. Invincible is epic as fuck. Maynard's opening is a little APC, but then quickly TOOLifies and that last third Danny is on fire. Still trying to figure out the time signatures.. it's all over the map.

I've heard Descending played live in various chunks over the last few years. Glad it's finally done.

If there are 8 tracks like these on release, then we can wait for the other half of the 10,000 days.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Insanely good quality live recording of one of their recent shows went up. I'm seeing them in a month for the first time so not spoiling the whole thing for myself, but it's the best version of Descending and Invincible you're gonna get.

Shelbutt

So, Obviously I'm someone who likes rock/metal/etc (just about anything tbh) But Tool was one of those bands I could never get into growing up, despite my 'dad' being a massive fan.

Where would you guys suggest I start? I wanna give them another try. Like what are you guys' favorite songs?

AV

So, Obviously I'm someone who likes rock/metal/etc (just about anything tbh) But Tool was one of those bands I could never get into growing up, despite my 'dad' being a massive fan.

Where would you guys suggest I start? I wanna give them another try. Like what are you guys' favorite songs?

Right here:

Still with us? Good:

And something newer:

If you can't get into any of those, I wouldn't suggest going any further. Their older stuff is more aggressive and usually shorter / less progressive, so you might enjoy that, but their sound really change from album #2 onwards.

Shelbutt

Right here:

Still with us? Good:

And something newer:

If you can't get into any of those, I wouldn't suggest going any further. Their older stuff is more aggressive and usually shorter / less progressive, so you might enjoy that, but their sound really change from album #2 onwards.

Thanks for the suggestions! They're definitely not like I remember. I liked the last one you linked better, But lately I've been into more aggressive/faster paced music. I'm going to save these for a later day. I appreciate it :D

To add to the quality choices above, I'd add "Schism," "Parabol," and "Parabola" off of Lateralus.

Also, I'm personally holding out and not listening to the new tracks on YouTube (despite AV AV 's mention of quality) and waiting until August 30th... Google says that's 107 more sleeps!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom