• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Toukiden 2 details. [Update: Screenshots]

ReaperXL7

General

Unlike its predecessor, Toukiden 2 is an open-world hunting action game.

From forests and caves to volcanoes, players will fight in a variety of fields. When you encounter a demon, battles will take course seamlessly.

The world will shift between day and night.

There is a new weapon called the “Shield Sword,” which is just a big sword in the right hand and shield in the left hand.

Development is 60 percent complete.

Characters

The Hero Who Lost His Memory – A slayer who fought in the Twilight Yokohama Defensive War. In the midst of battle, he leaped forward 10 years and washed ashore a village without his memory.(I'm assuming you still create your character and select your gender)

The Doctor (Weapon: Gun) – A short girl and mechanical expert chasing the truth about the world.

Jikei (Weapon: Gun) – A device that The Doctor made. The soul of a human is sealed inside it.

Gwen (Weapon: Shield Sword) – A British girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

New Oni

Shinragou – A large oni with overwhelming power that can mow down everything in its path.

Hidaru – A medium-sized oni with long arms and an enlarged abdomen.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/toukiden-2-seamless-battles-shield-sword-weapon

Update:

screenshots
toukiden2_160203-1.jpg

toukiden2_160203-2.jpg

toukiden2_160203-3.jpg

toukiden2_160203-4.jpg

Really excited for this as Toukiden had quickly become one of my favorite games, also really pumped for a Sword and Shield style.

I'm gonna guess there won't be a PC port because of how abominably Toukiden 1 did thanks to the botched port, but I'd love to see more hunting games make their way over to PC.

TreIII

...consider me interested. Toukiden had potential, but I think the more KT does their own thing, the more it'll stand apart as its own Hunting game. Maybe it trying Open World will help with that.

wrowa

I like the idea of an open world hunting game a lot, but I just hope the world will actually be kind of interesting and not just barren. Budget-conscious Japanese game design and interesting open world design seem to be kinda at odds.

Khrno

I played T1 and TK on Vita, as well as TK on PS4, and I'm contemplating getting it on Steam to play with a friend.

But anyway, I had no idea T2 was been made and I lo ve it, being open world sounds quite interesting. I would assume the "world" would be just the different ages (Chaos, War, Honor, etc) without the sub-areas/rooms which have always annoyed me in these types of games and that are a drag from the PSP tech.

I like the idea of an open world hunting game a lot, but I just hope the world will actually be kind of interesting and not just barren. Budget-conscious Japanese game design and interesting open world design seem to be kinda at odds.

As far as visuals go i'd say you should probably expect something around Attack on Titan's visual level

034cjkj8.jpg

03679kha.jpg

Lanrutcon

I'm gonna guess there won't be a PC port because of how abominably Toukiden 1 did thanks to the botched port, but I'd love to see more hunting games make their way over to PC.

It's sad :( interested in the game, not interested in a frame locked hack job. Ah well.

MUnited83

For you.
~11k owners on SteamSpy

Yea, I don't think so.

They seem to have no issues keeping on porting games with crappy ports even when selling badly. Toukiden 2 will come too eventually. Shit, they are even bringing Arslan, and that will be a massive bomb in every platform.

That looks pretty good.

Toukiden's gameplay was very good, so an open world game that is fun to play is very welcome.

Can't wait for more footage.

Pejo

I totally agree with this. I am so torn on Kiwami, as it's both the most fun and worst performing hunting game on PC that I have access to. If there's zero chance of a PC version, I'll definitely pick this up on PS4 though.

Xater

Hopefully this one gets more of a following than the last ps4 release. So in for this

I remember it coming out at a bad time. I definitely bought something else that month over Toukiden, and I was actually interested in it.

Edit: Is it possible it came out around Bloodborne? That might have been it.

If they can keep combat good like the first one then we have another game joining open world games without shit combat along with Dragon's Dogma

This one ain't coming for the Vita right? Looks massively different in scope and graphics, can't see a way to downgrade it to fit a portable version.

jmga

Despite Toukiden 1 sales, I still think this will come to PC if gets localised. If they haven't dropped PC support before, they are not going to do it now.

I mean I'm hoping this comes to PC because why not, but this is exactly why port begging is discouraged. Let's talk about the cool screens for now and not potential ports and sales numbers

hope that isn't considered backseat modding :x

I'm gonna guess October localization if kt can get this out before Summer in Japan
If not next March
Looks pretty good for an omega force open world game

I wonder what dw9 will look like

I mean I'm hoping this comes to PC because why not, but this is exactly why port begging is discouraged. Let's talk about the cool screens for now and not potential ports and sales numbers

hope that isn't considered backseat modding :x

Well, it could also be considered as port begging :p

Woah nice. Different version maybe? Wonder how they'll maintain all the new features on the little guy.

Vita seems to handle open areas pretty well when the Vita version has some time invested in to it. I think the lighting will probably be significantly less impressive, and textures will obviously be smaller. They might also reduce view distance and have LOD reduce much faster. I doubt it'll be too much more demanding than a Musou once all is adjusted.

Top Bottom