• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

137 cars sounds odd when GT6's premium count was something like 250+. I don't get why they'd scrap cars and start from scratch when everyone insisted their premium cars were futureproof and they had that amazing tessellation going on for the minute details.

(yeah I think so .. I drive 170KPH every day.. it does not feel that fast lol)

You also haven't cranked up the FOV all the way up in real life (terribly high in that gif, especially if you want to play with a wheel and not a controller). But yeah, must be miles, it's the UK and that looks too fast for 170kph even with tunnel-FOV.

Yiazmat

HxQx7SF.jpg

eyCFcc9.jpg

Hanmik

137 cars sounds odd when GT6's premium count was something like 250+. I don't get why they'd scrap cars and start from scratch when everyone insisted their premium cars were futureproof and they had that amazing tessellation going on for the minute details.

will you be happy about ANYTHING with this game?

GHG

Gold Member

This is more focused on Motorsport. You don't need shit like a Honda Fit in a game like this.

danowat

Banned
If PCars has taught me anything, it's that a smaller, more focused, better simulated car roster is much, much better than a bloated copy and paste fest, that barely feels different car to car.

bud

those screenshots look terrible, haha. sensational compression at work there.

brand central sounds a bit like gttv.

will you be happy about ANYTHING with this game?

Uhh, yes? Lol

I'm happy with the graphics (not that it matters like the rest), happy with the apparently increased car count, the better focus on motorsports, the improved tracks, etc.

After GT6 they have a lot to prove though. I'm still waiting to hear on the physics and sounds, two of the most important parts.

This is more focused on Motorsport. You don't need shit like a Honda Fit in a game like this.

Most of GT6's premiums were race cars like the Vision GTs, LMPs and rally cars. Saying that also doesn't make much sense when we've already seen a Megane and what looks like a 208 battling on the Nurburgring.

Like I said, this is Polyphony's Driveclub (aka "Sports"). You won't see all cars here. In fact, I'm glad it's limited cars to not only maintain a standard for future GT games in terms of the looks and features, but also focuses on the cars we will generally drive, and not the 10,000 Skylines that no one will.

GHG

Gold Member
If PCars has taught me anything, it's that a smaller, more focused, better simulated car roster is much, much better than a bloated copy and paste fest, that barely feels different car to car.

Bingo. Less cars, more proper racetracks is the way to go.

Like I said, this is Polyphony's Driveclub (aka "Sports"). You won't see all cars here. In fact, I'm glad it's limited cars to not only maintain a standard for future GT games in terms of the looks and features, but also focuses on the cars we will generally drive, and not the 10,000 Skylines that no one will.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's limited too. I couldn't be happier that the standards are gone and we no longer have 25 MX5s and Skylines, I just find it weird how the GT6 premium cars were amazing quality and apparently they've even scrapped those and started from scratch with a lower count.

That's all I meant, that the premiums are cut too when GT6 had 250 or so like I said.

Gurish

I need better pictures. Because here it looks like gt5-6 with better AA. Ground rally texture is abnormally blurry

WUT?

If these are not bullshot (like they usually are) than it looks awesome.

GT5-6 during gameplay NEVER looked anything close to this.

TheAdmiester's posts usually doesn't when it comes to GT threads. Go to a Forza thread and the tone is completely opposite.

Don't bring that dumb shit here. I've had plenty of complaints about Forza and plenty of compliments for GT. I wouldn't be so nitpicky on it if I just didn't care about the series.

Hanmik

TheAdmiester's posts usually doesn't when it comes to GT threads. Go to a Forza thread and the tone is completely opposite.

nahh.. this is a GT sports thread. Just popped in to see what was up.. and noticed his posts.

TheAdmiester said:
Uhh, yes? Lol

I'm happy with the graphics (not that it matters like the rest), happy with the apparently increased car count, the better focus on motorsports, the improved tracks, etc.

After GT6 they have a lot to prove though. I'm still waiting to hear on the physics and sounds, two of the most important parts.

you are right about the physics and the sounds. But I am getting old (41), so the sounds are not that important to me.. ;o)

Top Bottom