• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and screens for Spec Ops: The Line

element

I have a number of good friends working on this. Good people and the game looks very cool as well.

You can see the trailer here, http://www.2kgames.com/#/games/spec-ops-the-line

Click on the first image in the carousel. The trailer uses Rooster from Alice in Chains as the soundtrack.

Spec-Ops-The-Line-7.jpg

Spec-Ops-The-Line-3.jpg

Spec-Ops-The-Line-5.jpg

Spec-Ops-The-Line-9.jpg

Spec-Ops-The-Line-8.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
wow, this song really fits the trailer. Colour me interested, want to hear more on this one.

Enosh

ign preview here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096769p1.html

A helicopter brings a building down with rockets, destroying entrenched indigenous resistance fighters. A highway is bombed, leaving torn apart corpses and blood streaked across a sand covered road, while maimed civilians drag themselves along the ground only to finally shudder and die. Blackened and mangled corpses hang from street lights and overpass signs, a message to those who pass. Explosions of white phosphorus burn a gathered crowd alive at temperatures of 5000 degrees Fahrenheit as a team of heavily armored commandos moves into sweep up any remaining resistance. Man's inhumanity to man and the horrors of guerilla war are on display in a way that games have typically glossed over or avoided entirely, and it makes for a very different atmosphere.

that sounds awesome, the game will be great if they can get down that violent, opressive atmosphere

kinda sucks that it is a 2011 release -.-

Rickard

I want this to be what I think it's going to be, but I think it's going to be what I expect it to be, which is not at all what it should be.

Which is Army of Two.

And now that I think about it that's not what I want at all.

Ricker

This video is all messed up on the Marketplace on the 360...the Aspect Ratio is not right...a few video`s have been doing this lately...is it just me or someone messes up somewhere...?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's not very creative but it looks like a pretty damn solid 3rd person shooter. It had a good showing at that awards show.
If it delivers the goods, will get.

akachan ningen said:
Could they have picked a more ho-hum title than "spec ops" possibly? It's like they're aiming for the bargain bin.
hey hey zombie's spec ops games were fucking awesome

although this looks like crap

Shred0r

Banned
They are searching for worthy Beta-Testers! Sing up if you're interesed in this game. Bummer, that its for 360 Gold members only. Game looks promising, imho. Check it out and tell us your impressions. Can't wait to know how it plays.

http://www.specopstheline.com/multiplayerbeta/

EDIT: Someone was faster than me...

Oh, i just read in a german preview that some former guys of the Splinter Cell (guess from prior conviction era as this games already some years in dev, although Conviction was a quite prolonged dev mess and these guys might have left the studio in the middle of it) and the first F.E.A.R. game are part of the dev team. A good formula for an intense experience, imho. Hoprfully this game will incorporate some stealthy mission where we can go through Fisher-style snapping necks n stuff. But please leave out creepy little girls. Okay? Thanks!

This game is about desicions & consequences in terms of deciding which one keep alive and who to send to die (all regarding your own troops i seems). They want to trigger a morale dilemma for the player by having to make such hard decisions within seconds as the battlefield demands. To be able to progress you have to sacrifice some man as distraction or in some other ways like using some to advance into unkown territory only to see them being ambushed and slaughtered. Just an idea of mine when thinking how the devs might be pulling this scenatio off gameplay-wise. So whats the game mechanic behind it? The more man you loose the harder the game gets? Or will this game have some real-time mechanic to adopt the playstyle of the game to the numer of your teammates: the less guys you have left in your team the more stealty the level becomes in terms of design and layout. Procedural level creation sort of ;) That would be a cool mechanic. If you are doing great the game keeps action-packed and fast but when you are outnumbered the pace changes and the game gets this stealh-game vibe. Oh, and i have read somewhere in a very old preview that they want to implement many enviromental hazards for the player like collapsing buildings, wind storms and tadaaaa bad guys equipped with AKs...

If the whole game retains the Apocalypse Now vibe this might be pretty cool. That means music as well, I hope that wasn't just a hype up trailer while none of the in game music will be anything like that.

Shred0r

Banned
I am wondering how they have forund a publisher for this game. The Konami game (Six Days in Fallujah) was canned due to heavy ctitics against the setting. I guess due to respect for the many soldiers that have lost their lifes in this battle that one day (or did it last longer?). In this game, the US Army (if all the soldiers that are hanged there are indeed US soldiers) does not look quite victiorious judging by this pic. So how will this game be advertised without bringing some hysterical polititians and self-proclaimed "US-protection groups" into the scene who will criticize how the US Army is portrayed in this game.
Could get interesting...

BTW, this pic reminds me of the lynching of a Blackwater guy who was also hung up upside down as a protest of the Taliban (i guess) against the invaders. Although, i do not know the circumstances of this event. Why this dude ended up being hung up. Don't Mercenaries care for their guys and try so save their bodies or do they mostly only care for the job and the money and get the hell as fast as possible out of heaty situations (outnumbered etc.). Do they have share the mind state of Special Forces who would try to save the body of a fallen comrade. Or it the "Everybody gets home" mantra a Hollywood myth?

2411992.jpg

Shred0r said:
I am wondering how they have forund a publisher for this game. The Konami game (Six Days in Fallujah) was canned due to heavy ctitics against the setting. I guess due to respect for the many soldiers that have lost their lifes in this battle that one day (or did it last longer?). In this game, the US Army (if all the soldiers that are hanged there are indeed US soldiers) does not look quite victiorious judging by this pic. So how will this game be advestised without bringing some hysterical polititians and self-proclaimed "US-protection groups" into the scene who will criticize how the US Army is portrayed in this game.
Could get interesting...

[IG]http://i26.tinypic.com/2411992.jpg[/IMG]

Six Days in Fallujah was based on the actual events and they were even using real soldier likenesses and names. This game though isn't based on any war. It's an original storyline with original characters.

Parham

Banned
Shred0r said:
I am wondering how they have forund a publisher for this game. The Konami game (Six Days in Fallujah) was canned due to heavy ctitics against the setting. I guess due to respect for the many soldiers that have lost their lifes in this battle that one day (or did it last longer?). In this game, the US Army (if all the soldiers that are hanged there are indeed US soldiers) does not look quite victiorious judging by this pic. So how will this game be advestised without bringing some hysterical polititians and self-proclaimed "US-protection groups" into the scene who will criticize how the US Army is portrayed in this game.
Could get interesting...

http://i26.tinypic.com/2411992.jpg
The premise for this game is purely fictional. Six Days in Fallujah, on the other hand, was marketed as being based upon actual events.

Top Bottom