• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

New trailer for Beyond: Two Souls - PS3's swan song?

dragonbane

Jun 27, 2012
Germany
New Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D1N-MHwog

http://gamersyde.com/news_beyond_two_souls_new_trailer-14007_en.html (HQ Download)

With The Last of Us, Beyond and maybe GT6 PS3 is getting one hell of a send-off it looks like. Good times.

Update #1

For people still wondering how this game plays. This GameSpot Gameplay Analysis video should give you a good impression (slight spoilers in the second half)

Key features and differences to Heavy Rain:

• Mostly 3rd person camera now. Slightly directed and sways a bit to points of high interest, but never too far away from your character
  • Walking/running entirely realized with the left analogue stick. No more R2 tank controls like in Heavy Rain
  • Interacting with objects is still handled with the right stick, but no weird motions required anymore and everything can be triggered with a simple up/down flick
  • Combat also works around this idea, effectively making the need to remember all the buttons irrelevant
  • Fight scenes only use the right analogue stick now and general action sequences require direct input (e.g. running through a forest while chased and you have to find a way out)

• Different difficulty settings just like in Heavy Rain, hardest one requires more inputs or has stricter timing, easy mode (for non-gamers) streamlines most of it

• During 90% of the game you can switch between Jodie and Aiden (the entity) at any point by pressing the triangle button
  • You solve puzzles with Aiden by manipulating the environment and possessing people. You control him freely with both sticks like a first person camera and you can float through objects and walls

• Dialogue choices similar to Heavy Rain, combined with branching paths
  • Multiple endings

• There are several free-roaming areas where you can use vehicles and horses to explore your environment freely

Update #2

Yesterday at Tribeca QD presented a new 35 minute long scene from the game (BIG spoiler warning)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEm5x8co09s#t=7m52s

A good poster

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
That trailer alone looks better than Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain combined.

It honestly convinced me to pre-order the game.

TimmiT

Oct 18, 2009
www.sonicretro.org
Not expecting much from Beyond cause I thought Heavy Rain was laughably terrible. I might get it once it's priced off to see what the big deal is about, but I'm much more looking forward Last of Us.

keit4

Banned
Apr 11, 2009
Spain
The weakest PS3 exclusive this year if you ask me. Heavy Rain was a terrible game and i can't expect much more from this one.

On the other hand, The Last of Us looks amazing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jul 6, 2005
PS4 graphics

edit: Trailer says Only on Playstation. Not only on PS3 or whatever. PS4 confirmed

omonimo

Banned
Jun 6, 2012
It seems still suffer of terrible hideous tearing of HEavy Rain, well I imagined I'm demanding too much to my poor ps3.

Oppo

Formerly 'Nerfgun'
Jan 22, 2010
Toronto
Looking forward to this one. I really liked what Heavy Rain was trying to pull off, even if it wasn't totally successful.

Sulik2

Apr 17, 2012
Actually looks interesting. Could be good, I am still bitter after the nose dive Heavy Rain took in the last few hours so I am cautious on this game.

Can it still be considered the swan song of the PS3 when it gets a PS4 port?

Usobuko

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
The weakest PS3 exclusive this year if you ask me. Heavy Rain was a terrible game and i can't expect much more from this one.

On the other hand, The Last of Us looks amazing.
I'll go with this, word for word.

May 2, 2008
I don't know much about the story, but I LOVE how despite the supernatural element of her and the ghost, the story itself looks to be entirely in the realms of reality - it's none of the shit that plagued Indigo Prophecy.

funkystudent

Apr 3, 2010
I am calling it that the game will be letterboxed to be "more cinematic" and as a excuse to not ender the top and bottom of the screen.

Myriadis

Jul 21, 2009
Deutschland
goty 2013

omg snow level

omg horse riding like in black ops 2

Oh great. This thread is about the game and the only thing I can think about now is why the tree has a human hand in this pic.

-----------------------

Nonetheless, I just know about this game now, and judging from the trailer it looks pretty good, really interesting. I just think that due to the characters looking more realistic, they are pretty close to the uncanny valley.