• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TWEWY coming? [Arrange album announced - includes tracks from new iOS release]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countdown is driving people nuts :/ No one wants the sudden disappointment of waiting for it to hit zero and getting TWEWY the iOS 'guess the song' game.

...maybe TWEWY is coming to eshop? :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's been MUCH, but they have been poking on the fact that the cameos in Dream Drop Distance could mean something.

Plus, Jupiter has been awfully silent (the last thing they did was some work on Ghost Trick?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(company)

I have not been able to verify that they worked on Ghost Trick. I don't know if i trust wikipedia on that one. It's nowhere on the Jupiter site and google comes up with nothing. I'm not certain enough to edit the wiki, but I just don't quite trust it.

And Tales of the World: Tactics Union for Android, Zombie Carnival for iOS, and Doraemon's Math Adventure for 3DS seem to be the 3 games they've been advertising on the site, all came out since june, and Picross e2 released last december from them.

But I really don't know what Jupiter's structure is like. Maybe they have a separate RPG team, but even if they did, that team might have worked on Tales of the World Tactics Union. I imagine there's something to Jupiter I'm missing because I can't imagine a team that made one of the best games ever is working on a licensed math teaching game.

Forever

Banned
So we're looking at a midnight Monday morning Japan time reveal, right?

Anyone care to make a proper countdown? At least it's only a few more days.

duckroll

I imagine there's something to Jupiter I'm missing because I can't imagine a team that made one of the best games ever is working on a licensed math teaching game.

Like I said, most of the creative and lead roles in the game were handled by Square Enix staff. It's a Square Enix game. Jupiter just handled the co-development and implementation. They were selected for CoM and TWEWY likely because they have a strong 2D asset team to create the sprites these games required. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter. In fact, the planning director on the Jupiter side for TWEWY is a Square Enix employee now. He left after TWEWY and joined S-E so he could work on more KH games. :p

Edit: You also don't have to take my word for it. You can study the credits yourself here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/nintendo-ds/world-ends-with-you/credits

TWEWY is...the perfect franchise for a F2P MMO actually...now I think about it TF2's item implementation is similar (just without the branding).

faridmon

I really think TWEWY is indeed Jupiters baby. I kept following interviews of this company (actually it is the only company I have followed through) and they really want to make a sequel. However, we have to keep in mind that SE owns the IP and the original title never sold well in Japan (in fact it bombed considering the hype and the ads the had to put out) so I am not sure.

Nothing I have said will have any effect on the decision (I think) so take it as you will. Although I wnt to say, I m ready for disappointment, I can't help it but to feel hyped, Duckroll be damned etc...

Edit: You also don't have to take my word for it. You can study the credits yourself here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/nintendo-ds/world-ends-with-you/credits

The producer, executive Produce, a lot of the visual designers and some of the planners of the battle system is enough for me, personally, to say that Jupiter have a bigger stake in the game than it is thought.

Also, didn't the Producer actually make a cameo in the game itself?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said, most of the creative and lead roles in the game were handled by Square Enix staff. It's a Square Enix game. Jupiter just handled the co-development and implementation. They were selected for CoM and TWEWY likely because they have a strong 2D asset team to create the sprites these games required. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter. In fact, the planning director on the Jupiter side for TWEWY is a Square Enix employee now. He left after TWEWY and joined S-E so he could work on more KH games. :p

Ah yes, thanks. That makes since. So then it might not even matter much at all if Jupiter isn't involved.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I thought I look up and reread Gamasutra's great postmortum on TWEWY and saw this:

The Square-side directors got involved in the gameplay design elements, while Jupiter went beyond the call of duty and assisted with the game planning. The cooperative endeavor resulted in a fantastic product

Maybe its just lip service. I could see it going either way, but why fix what wasn't broken (outside of the geographical concerns)?

duckroll

The producer, executive Produce, a lot of the visual designers and some of the planners of the battle system is enough for me, personally, to say that Jupiter have a bigger stake in the game than it is thought.

Also, didn't the Producer actually make a cameo in the game itself?

I never said that they don't have a stake in the game, just that it's not their concept, not their original ideas, and not their IP. The series can and will continue without them, since Nomura has already pouched Hiroyuki Itou (Jupiter) from the company.

duckroll

OK, I never knew this. When did that happen? and what does he do?

Feels like Liverpool Signing Joe Allen and continue to be Lolerpool

It happened after TWEWY. He works on (bad) KH games these days. He handled lead planning on missions for 358/2 Days (lol -_-) and he was one of the co-directors for Re:Coded. I believe he is the ex-Jupiter programmer who Nomura mentioned in an interview as being responsible for the circuit option in Re:Coded to change the difficulty on the fly to get more rewards. That was inspired by TWEWY because he really liked that feature.

SerRodrik

Ya'll are too hyped.

LBF6y.jpg

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure

I believe he is the ex-Jupiter programmer who Nomura mentioned in an interview as being responsible for the circuit option in Re:Coded to change the difficulty on the fly to get more rewards. That was inspired by TWEWY because he really liked that feature.
I knew I liked Re:Coded for a reason.

It happened after TWEWY. He works on (bad) KH games these days. He handled lead planning on missions for 358/2 Days (lol -_-) and he was one of the co-directors for Re:Coded. I believe he is the ex-Jupiter programmer who Nomura mentioned in an interview as being responsible for the circuit option in Re:Coded to change the difficulty on the fly to get more rewards. That was inspired by TWEWY because he really liked that feature.

That explains a lot of the TWEWY-esque design decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if he was directly or indirectly responsible for the TWEWY style cutscene style Re:Coded used as opposed to the in-engine scenes Days used.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Arrange album incoming: http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SQEX-10337

Also, it says iOS release in 2012...

-.-'

More things like this happen, more M.Toriyama becomes the only competent man inside that team of disastrous managment. lol.

Unless XIII-3 happens to be an arrange album too for an iOS game remix of XIII-2!

Nope, it specifically says new tracks from the iOS release in 2012.

Yeah, when I noticed I just edited. Embarassing.

watershed

Banned
Wow looks like most of us were close in predicting either an album or an ios port but none of us thought to mash the two together. I want to see footage of the game on ios though.

I'm glad I tempered my expectations.

I wonder how the hell it's even going to work control wise, though. I can imagine Hard mode being a damned nightmare with a virtual pad...

Edit: Haha, they removed the description. Guess it was a slip up.

duckroll

HAHAHAHA! That album info wasn't supposed to go up yet. They REMOVED all the text from the entry, but it's TOO LATE!!!

g7K8e.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA!

Yoshiya

Also, it says iOS release in 2012... so I guess we know what the countdown is. NEW TRACKS FROM THE IOS VERSION. And KH3D arrange tracks.

If the port looks bad, I'll be gutted. That said, I'm far more likely to play whatever it is an iOS (with my current iPad 1 or an iPad mini) than I am to ever buy a 3DS. I still wish it was a sequel though, so I'm very conflicted.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
F Square Enix....

... though i had hope they would use a iOS version as promotion for the sequel on 3DS and/or Vita. Guess another one bites the dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom