• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Twilight Princess HD footage (of amiibo use)

Ridley327

So wolf-link will also be supported in the next real zelda game? (according to the subtitle of the video)

Yes. That was something they confirmed when they first revealed the game. Given that Wolf Link is the first of the Zelda series, there's sure to be more revealed once Zelda U gets its proper unveiling later this year.

WarAdept

YEEEEES. Ganondorf amiibo + Hero Mode = greatest Zelda ever made.

I adored Hero Mode in Wind Waker. Now everything is a one shot? I'M READY.

Trace

Banned
Still confused as to why this game is literally just using Amiibos as cheat codes.

I miss real cheat codes.

Still confused as to why this game is literally just using Amiibos as cheat codes.

I miss real cheat codes.

If they did anything substantial, people would complain about how Nintendo is locking content behind cheap, plastic toys.

It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

Aesthetically it looks worse than the original imho. The soft glowy look in the twilight areas seem to be less pronounced now, and everything looks much more vibrant.

But damn, I want that Wolf Link amiibo though.

joms5

Am I the only person who thinks all the amiibo functionality in this game just breaks all the careful design and balancing that went into it?

You're basically buying cheats.

maxcriden

Whoa, nice find!

Also, for those interested--
cross-posting--

Come on, nobody translated yet the Famitsu article? The screenshots surely look pretty good.

Yes, there's a (partial?) translation:

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-on-amiibo-support-in-zelda-twilight-princess-hd/

Tons of amiibo info here.

Quoting part:

In this area, you cannot revert back to human, so you can’t use the sword, bow, shield or even any healing items, which means this is like a survival challenge. There are 40 basement floors, and when you clear the final floor while having the Giant Wallet, you’ll obtain the Bottomless Wallet. Each floor will have enemies that appear. Depending on the floor, there might be not only enemies, but some gimmicks as well such as tiles that spout lava. The lower you progress, the stronger the enemies will become. And finally about the Bottomless Wallet, the screenshot notes how you can use the Magic Armor for a much longer time with the Rupee limit increase.

Xav

Change too much and people complain like Wind Waker HD. Don't change enough and people complain it looks the same.

I don't think Zelda fans even know what they want these days. Where's that Zelda/Miyamoto JPEG?

Personally speaking, I think it looks like a faithful remaster. The Twilight Princess artstyle was never as striking as the Wind Waker to begin with.

Anyway, it's been almost 10 years since I played Twilight Princess from begining to end. Looking forward to it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Change too much and people complain like Wind Waker HD. Don't change enough and people complain it looks the same.

I don't think Zelda fans even know what they want these days. Where's that Zelda/Miyamoto JPEG?

Personally speaking, I think it looks like a faithful remaster. The Twilight Princess artstyle was never as striking as the Wind Waker to begin with.

Anyway, it's been almost 10 years since I played Twilight Princess from begining to end. Looking forward to it.

I was more than fine with all the changes in WW. TP is not on WW's level. It has severe pacing issues, and is overall so poorly structured. Alot of these problems carried over to Skyward Sword.

I was more than fine with all the changes in WW. TP is not on WW's level. It has severe pacing issues, and is overall so poorly structured. Alot of these problems carried over to Skyward Sword.

I've always felt the opposite. Wind Waker feels like its missing stuff and sometimes grinds to a halt.

Twilight Princess may have had a long intro but it had a solid structure flowing from one sequence to the next and a lot more cinematic events before the time between dungeons got shorter.

Toparaman

Banned

I thought the original WW's lighting was perfect and was somewhat lessened by what was done in WW HD. By contrast, I think TP HD could benefit from more modern lighting.

So I do know what I want, it's just that they did the opposite of what I wanted.

Xav

It takes forever to get going and the last two dungeons are kind of rubbish but overall I found Twilight Princess to be a stronger game than Wind Waker.

Pacing in all 3D Zelda games could use some work. Hopefully Zelda Wii U/NX learns from A Link Between Worlds with the "Do whatever, go where ever and don't waste time explaining stuff" mentality.

Am I the only person who thinks all the amiibo functionality in this game just breaks all the careful design and balancing that went into it?

You basically buying cheats.
No, because like cheats and cheat codes they are entirely optional. My goodness half of you guys dont even have the amiibo so why even care?

This amiibo shit is annoying as fuck! I don't wanna have to buy some $15+ toy just to have a reasonably challenging difficulty.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Found my new wallpaper

CZNN00-WYAAMBz7.jpg:orig

Same

It does look better to me compared to my initial impressions of the reveal...

Pretty good amiibo implementation I'd say, makes me pretty happy to have my Zelda ones and not really regret having no interest in the wolf one.

Top Bottom