• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Twilight Princess HD footage (of amiibo use)

Wow. It looks a lot prettier than I remember.

Also, So glad I got a Ganon Amiibo.

Hero Mode + Ganon Amiibo = An actual hard Zelda.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that the announcer used in the NoA XCX survival guides? I'm guessing a press release and this video will be released by NoA in the near future.

I actually think the game looks pretty good. Of course it could look better, though. I think the new dungeon isn't really that great. The Wolf Link only aspect is one interesting challenge I've never considered.

zroid

Banned
Found my new wallpaper

CZNN00-WYAAMBz7.jpg:orig

NotLiquid

I haven't played Twilight Princess in a long time but that lightning certainly feels quite a bit better.

Also it makes a bit more sense now why the Dungeon is Amiibo locked since you save progress onto the Amiibo itself that you can challenge yourself/other players with.

Shaanyboi

Banned
*sigh*

reeeaaaally wish they did more to the visuals in this game.

Also, again, I really hope the Amiibo dungeon isn't an instant warp. I want it to be a cool looking location to find in the map. Probably won't be though...

I really enjoyed the Wolf Link sections of the game and the whole trap creatures in circle and let go combat.

It's a shame it disappeared in the second half of the game so it's nice to see that explored in the bonus dungeon a bit.

The bonus dungeon must also be pretty short if one of its selling points is storing hearts for extra use later.

Nere

It is double damage the chieftain does a huge amount of damage but it is sooooo easy to avoid it. I have only gotten hit once from him because I was curious how many hearts his hit takes from you and yes it was 3 if I remember correctly so double tha =6 hearts.

Avallon

So between this and Mario & Luigi, they're tying cheats to Amiibos now? They really squandered the potential of these things.

Arzehn

Err... am I understanding correctly or can you basically just have infinite life and arrows if you have the Amiibos?

-Horizon-

It is double damage the chieftain does a huge amount of damage but it is sooooo easy to avoid it. I have only gotten hit once from him because I was curious how many hearts his hit takes from you and yes it was 3 if I remember correctly so double tha =6 hearts.

He would normally recieve 3 hearts of damage from that attack, Ganondorf doubles it.

Oh never mind lol

I never really got hit by him during that last fight >.>

So between this and Mario & Luigi, they're tying cheats to Amiibos now? They really squandered the potential of these things.

I feel that any time more worthwhile functionality than costumes and items, people throw a shit up about it. Like this dungeon, which is just a challenge section in a game that already has a challenge section.

DNAbro

shit now I want a ganondorf amiibo just for the extra challenge. 3 heart run + hero mode + ganondorf amiibo where everything kills you in one hit.

d00d3n

So wolf-link will also be supported in the next real zelda game? (according to the subtitle of the video)

The first-person arrow in aiming was really jarring with sharp the edges were.

Also Zelda Wii U still looks fantastic.

I'm just happy to get a figure that has Midna.

Top Bottom